Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

RiME Free on Epic Games Store

The Epic Games Store now offers RiME as their newest free game, as they've increased the frequency of their freebies to once a week during their big sale. This will remain free until May 30th, when City of Brass will take its place. With no particular RiME or reason, here are the details on this puzzle/adventure game from Tequila Works:

Play as a young boy who has awakened on a mysterious island after a torrential storm. You see wild animals, long-forgotten ruins and a massive tower that beckons you to come closer. Armed with your wits and a will to overcome—and the guidance of a helpful fox—you must explore the enigmatic island, reach the tower's peak, and unlock its closely guarded secrets.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 21:13 RedEye9

Quinn wrote on May 24, 2019, 19:37:
Right now I'm loving EGS. That 10 euros discount on any game above 15 euros is sick and it reminds me of the Steam Xmas sales from 8 years ago (I checked their sales every 3 hours regardless of sleep). Maybe Steam wakes up and gives a shit to be awesome again. I smiled when I found a free game on the Steam store. EGS' magic is starting to change the status quo to the benefit of us all, evidently.

Stories Untold was an artistic masterpiece for free. I bought Subnautica Sub Zero for 6,50 and Observation for 9 euros. I'll probably be an idiot not to pre-order (gasp!) Phoenix Point for 22 euros instead of 32.

Still, the spergs will try to convince us EGS is evil incarnate and Steam is the opposite.
Observation was $12.50, what a no brainer. I am exhibiting all the symptoms of Ebola combined with massive radiation poisoning, but damnit it was worth it. Wink

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 19:37 Quinn

Right now I'm loving EGS. That 10 euros discount on any game above 15 euros is sick and it reminds me of the Steam Xmas sales from 8 years ago (I checked their sales every 3 hours regardless of sleep). Maybe Steam wakes up and gives a shit to be awesome again. I smiled when I found a free game on the Steam store. EGS' magic is starting to change the status quo to the benefit of us all, evidently.

Stories Untold was an artistic masterpiece for free. I bought Subnautica Sub Zero for 6,50 and Observation for 9 euros. I'll probably be an idiot not to pre-order (gasp!) Phoenix Point for 22 euros instead of 32.

Still, the spergs will try to convince us EGS is evil incarnate and Steam is the opposite.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

13. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 14:03 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2019, 13:56:
RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:10:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the quality of these freebies is slightly lower than awesome.
Did you just dis the awesomeness that is Rime?
My bad, i got the EGS free game mixed up with the Humble Store freebie "Jalopy" on the link right beneath it. damn tablet scolls too fast Wink

Those responsible for this grievous error have been sent to reeducation camps.

12. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 13:56 jdreyer

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the quality of these freebies is slightly lower than awesome.
Did you just dis the awesomeness that is Rime?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 13:48 Kxmode

May 5th: "EA's freebie Origin offerings started dropping in quality too. Near the end of the promotion they gave away Peggle and Steamworld Dig. When it started they were giving away Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. removed May 24, 2019, 11:12 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 24, 2019, 17:15.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

9. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 06:03 RedEye9

Nailbender wrote on May 24, 2019, 05:57:
Just finished Stories Untold yesterday (the last freebie before RiME on epic store), it was quite awesome for a freebie. Short but sweet.
I also saw many good reviews about RiME, and from the first hour of the game, it doesn't disappoint - I would even pay for it (maybe not the full price, but that isn't very high to begin with).
So, no, I don't really think so. Thimbleweed Park was also free there, and I wanted a chance to play it for a long time, so that was the perfect chance (didn't get to it yet).

And all this without saying a word about you complaining about something you get for free.
Sounds good, I'll get it.

8. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 05:57 Nailbender

Just finished Stories Untold yesterday (the last freebie before RiME on epic store), it was quite awesome for a freebie. Short but sweet.
I also saw many good reviews about RiME, and from the first hour of the game, it doesn't disappoint - I would even pay for it (maybe not the full price, but that isn't very high to begin with).
So, no, I don't really think so. Thimbleweed Park was also free there, and I wanted a chance to play it for a long time, so that was the perfect chance (didn't get to it yet).

And all this without saying a word about you complaining about something you get for free.

7. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 22:34 RedEye9

Saboth wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:38:
I really want that dungeon crawler game that is only on Epic's Store, but all the negative press about Epic sniffing around your files and thousands of people reportedly getting emails about "your account has been locked due to too many logins" or just straight up getting hacked has put me off of creating an account. Sounds like their customer service is nonexistent, and their security might be shoddy.
Rilcon answered your question about security, that and millions of young and clueless fortnite players giving our their logins for the promise of free in-game currency.
As for accounts getting locked, the stores Fraud Protection was kicking in.
Easily remedied by contacting "real" customer support as tweeted by a person who had it happen.

If you want to buy something you'll be fine.

6. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 22:31 Rilcon

Idiots clicking phishing links for free money get screwed over, news at 11.  

5. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 22:20 Cutter

Bugs on Epic Games Site Allowed Hackers to Login to Any ‘Fortnite’ Player’s Account

"A security firm found that hackers could have logged into the accounts of any Fortnite player, potentially stealing their credit card information, or listening in on their conversations."

Fortnite has another security flaw and Epic's response wasn't great

"Security researchers have discovered login problems with Fortnite. But after developer Epic initially responded to the vulnerabilities, it went silent"

If that's a company you want to trust with your personal and financial information go right ahead. Not me, thanks. I can wait for them to show up on Steam and they will. Plus they'll show up cheaper, patched and probably as GOTY editions anyway.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

4. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 21:42 Saboth

Rilcon wrote on May 23, 2019, 21:04:
The "security" thing is just script-kid "hackers" running leaked email/password pairs through their login. They're a big target (Fortnite/v-bucks), and people tend to use the same email to register on multiple services, and too many also use the same password. The same email/password combos getting leaked/hacked this very site's been reporting about happening every other day for the last five years.

Of course, people using the same email/PW combo as they did on PSN or whatever hacked service is clearly Epic's fault. Epic's sin here is that they actually notify you that someone tried to log in with your account; most sites/services won't at all, or unless they go over a certain number of attempts.

Thanks, I kind of figured that was the case, judging by the posts on the forums.

3. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 21:04 Rilcon

The "security" thing is just script-kid "hackers" running leaked email/password pairs through their login. They're a big target (Fortnite/v-bucks), and people tend to use the same email to register on multiple services, and too many also use the same password. The same email/password combos getting leaked/hacked this very site's been reporting about happening every other day for the last five years.

Of course, people using the same email/PW combo as they did on PSN or whatever hacked service is clearly Epic's fault. Epic's sin here is that they actually notify you that someone tried to log in with your account; most sites/services won't at all, or unless they go over a certain number of attempts.

2. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 20:38 Saboth

I really want that dungeon crawler game that is only on Epic's Store, but all the negative press about Epic sniffing around your files and thousands of people reportedly getting emails about "your account has been locked due to too many logins" or just straight up getting hacked has put me off of creating an account. Sounds like their customer service is nonexistent, and their security might be shoddy.  

1. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 23, 2019, 20:10 RedEye9

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo