Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2019, 04:41 Numinar

jdreyer wrote on May 23, 2019, 16:35:
Numinar wrote on May 23, 2019, 12:13:
4 billion bucks and still can't get a first person PUBG or Firestorm game down here. Come on you fucks, don't do us dirty. The demand is there if the games are functional.

Not sure what you mean? Apex, Firestorm, and Blackout are all first person. You don't have them in Australia?

Apex is good but sci-fi BR doesn't do it for me (Despite loving Halo and Titanfall 2). I love BFV but Firestrom servers are dead here. Bad matchmaking/server spool up design I suspect, leading to fewer players = self fulfilling prophecy. You get no game at all or 200+ms sever in asia/US. PUBG is the same. Servers died during some of the more fucked patches/cheater waves and now you can't get a FPS server on the continent, only TPS, which is gross. They should just force FPS, even once a week would be fine so I could get my fix.

Blackout dosn't sound great, even with the setting. I'd try it but that would mean spending money on another BR that probably sucks in AU so not worth the risk. If any of my friends/family get into it I would consider though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 19:58 jacobvandy

TheEmissary wrote on May 23, 2019, 17:19:
jacobvandy wrote on May 23, 2019, 15:26:
I wouldn't be surprised if not disclosing EGS figures is in the terms of their bribe exclusivity contract.

IF the publisher/Developer Studio is a public company they have to disclose this information eventually in a quarter earnings report.

Unit sales numbers per game or unit sales per specific platform are never required to be disclosed as far as I'm aware. That's why top sellers lists such as on Wikipedia are not always accurate or up to date, and why we don't know any figures at all for a lot of games.

Generally they will state total software sales and maybe break that down by system, or in this case by specific publishing labels under THQ Nordic ownership, but any other specifics are up to their discretion. And they usually don't bother unless it's significant enough to brag about.

If you follow the links back a few layers, you'll find the THQ investor site and you can view their quarterly report yourself, which was published shortly before these CEO statements.

5. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 17:19 TheEmissary

jacobvandy wrote on May 23, 2019, 15:26:
I wouldn't be surprised if not disclosing EGS figures is in the terms of their bribe exclusivity contract.

IF the publisher/Developer Studio is a public company they have to disclose this information eventually in a quarter earnings report.

4. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 16:35 jdreyer

Numinar wrote on May 23, 2019, 12:13:
4 billion bucks and still can't get a first person PUBG or Firestorm game down here. Come on you fucks, don't do us dirty. The demand is there if the games are functional.

Not sure what you mean? Apex, Firestorm, and Blackout are all first person. You don't have them in Australia?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 15:26 jacobvandy

2. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 12:13 Numinar

1. Re: etc. May 23, 2019, 11:06 Cutter

Lol, THQ gave up a hundred million in sales for a million dollar exclusive. Well the upside is these exclusives won't last much longer on Epic when devs/pubs realize they're not selling anything.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo