Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Previews

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 23:30 Steele Johnson

This brings back memories of a time when going out to a field and killing 12 bunnies with a rusty sword was considered “fun”. Oh, the good ol’ days.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 19:02 CJ_Parker

Nu millennial g4m0r tards.  

10. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 18:06 HoSpanky

Awww yiss, the good old days where mounts and pets took up precious backpack space. Where ammo ate up an entire bag SLOT. Where playing a warlock was a test of how much you TRULY hated yourself.
Do you remember spending an hour, no exaggeration, running back to turn in a quest that sent you across the continent and gave you diddly as a reward, but you did it because it unlocked ANOTHER quest that unlocked another, so on and so forth, until you got a key that let you into a dungeon? And then you had to convince 4 other people to go out to that dungeon WITH you. THAT was fun stuff.

Here's what I think. I think people who now have kids see Classic WoW as some sort of way to relive their uncomplicated past. But now they'll have responsibilities that will pull them away from the game, and they'll be stunned at how little they manage to accomplish in the game now. I have several friends in this category, and unsurprisingly, the ONLY ones who want WoW Classic have kids. They're also the same people who were super excited that they could play City of Heroes again. They're almost DESPERATE to play Classic. *I* think they're just desperate to escape their lives as they are now.

9. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:59 Wallshadows

It's almost like things change over 12 years and some become forgetful or, dare I say, are a new player.

What a bunch of stupid assholes.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 16:36.

8. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:44 BIGtrouble77

In the early days of WoW, I figured out how to access an unfinished area in Elwynn Forest. I'm going to be playing Classic just to see if that's still accessible.  

7. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:16 Creston

KS wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:17:
For some real fun try replaying RPGs from the early 90s. Enjoy your pad of paper to write down all quest clues and where to go back to. And no Internet if you get stuck.

Back in the ancient days of the early 90s, PC Gamer UK had this feature called Keith Campbell's Adventure Helpline. They'd post a solution to some problem people had sent in, but if you just wrote them (not email, WROTE. As in, BY MAIL.) they'd send you the answer back on a post card. Free of charge. It was amazing.

I mean, it'd take four weeks before you'd get a reply, but the fact that it existed at ALL was incredible.

of course, these were also the days where I'd fax issues to developers directly, and would get 3.5" floppies sent in the mail with patches for games. I wrote back and forth with Origin for years about issues with Ultima 7 and Ultima 8.

6. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:13 Creston

Players: Today's WoW sucks we want the old stuff!

Blizzard: No, you don't.

Players: Yes, we do!

Blizzard: Okay, here.

Players: What is this?? This isn't what we want!

5. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 12:38 Xero

lol, that's funny. Nubs!!!

They are like kids that just got into WoW and weren't even born when it was Vanilla. They tag a long to feel like they are part of the elitist original group. Then they begin reporting bugs and features missing that never were to begin with, lol. Priceless.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

4. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 12:09 Cutter

I went through many pads of graph paper back in the day playing MUDS and (C)RPGs.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 11:47 VaranDragon

For some real fun try replaying RPGs from the early 90s. Enjoy your pad of paper to write down all quest clues and where to go back to. And no Internet if you get stuck.

I know you're trying to be snarky and all, but those were actually kind of fun. No hand holding, stupid exclamation marks over NPCs, and quest markers everywhere on the map. You actually had to use your brain to progress and making progress was it's own reward.

2. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 11:47 eRe4s3r

I wrote down all codes in Prey 2017 on my.. tablet. What is this mysterious pen and paper thing you are talking about?

But if you mean manually drawing maps.. no thanks.

1. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 11:17 KS

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo