Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Safety Dance

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 15:07 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on May 21, 2019, 08:55:
... However, I do not believe Trump has thought it through, ...
And the sky is blue, water is wet, etc...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 08:55 Beamer

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:51:
If the Obama Administration had instituted the Ban... it still would have been a good thing.

Eraser isn't American, so he doesn't have "Trump Derangement Syndrome," he views from the eyes of a European. Also, I mean, there is a derangement syndrome involving Trump, but it doesn't involve being against him, but excusing all his awful and flat-out dumb decisions.

I agree, though, that this one isn't necessarily dumb. However, I do not believe Trump has thought it through, prepared for contingency, or really done this out of anything other than a combination of self-interest and his weird, wonky, generally misguided sense of fairness. That doesn't mean the outcome will be bad, but we're doing something very risky that can have very wide ranging and long lasting implications, and we're trusting one of the most overconfident, underintelligent men in the world to lead us through it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 03:20 Red886

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:26:
The USA spies on literally everyone on the planet... so you are saying Europe should blacklist Google, Apple, Facebook and Nvidia and Intel too? Because I am all for that.

Everyone spies on Everyone (Country Governments). That has nothing to do with manufacturing communications infrastructure devices that puposely allows blanket easy access to spy on communcations. Also you need to realize the difference between "marketing privacy invasion" from comapnies that want to "monitize" you, vs. a foreign power that wants to undermine your government in any way possible.

You really need to get out of your "Trump Derangement Syndrome" on this topic and focus on the issue, which has been going on long before Trump got into office.

If the Obama Administration had instituted the Ban... it still would have been a good thing.

I would have supported your economic efforts no matter who started them until you started bringing corporations and licenses into this that affect the world, my work in Germany and Europe, and not just China. Huawai tablets and smart-phones are the number 1 outside the USA and if you want 5g network hardware you have literally no other option than to buy certain Huawai hardware (especially certain signal boosters, filters and modular antenna fields) and I would be curious what Europeans did to you that you have to drag them in your hamster dick wrangling contest with China. Fact is that Trump is completely mentally insane if he thinks this will end up with a US victory considering he just brought up the world against him since this licensing ban by google/ms affects the entire world, and not just China and the USA

Trump moves is to end this,

like you said - "literally no other option than to buy certain Huawai hardware". Why is this not good? go click the link in my previous comment.

Huawei is also parked into OneRoadOneBelt or whichever Chinese-loans projects.

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 03:19 Red886

17. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 21, 2019, 03:18 Red886

why:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=china+social+credit+score+system

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 17:27 wtf_man

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 15:27:
Android and Windows license revocation has a lot to do with tablets and phones though.

I understand where you are coming from. My point was that the ban wasn't because of those consumer devices. The affect on the consumer devices, I believe, was an unintended consequence of the ban.

I mean, the U.S. doesn't care if a huge population in an allied country is using a Huawei tablet, laptop, or phone. They really only care about if a G-men here needing to talk to a G-men there... and there is a Huawei device somewhere in the path, evesdropping.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 17:38.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

15. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 17:24 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:13:
The USA spies on literally everyone on the planet... so you are saying Europe should blacklist Google, Apple, Facebook and Nvidia and Intel too? Because I am all for that.

Everyone spies on Everyone (Country Governments). That has nothing to do with manufacturing communications infrastructure devices that puposely allows blanket easy access to spy on communcations. Also you need to realize the difference between "marketing privacy invasion" from comapnies that want to "monitize" you, vs. a foreign power that wants to undermine your government in any way possible.

You really need to get out of your "Trump Derangement Syndrome" on this topic and focus on the issue, which has been going on long before Trump got into office.

I would have supported your economic efforts no matter who started them until you started bringing corporations and licenses into this that affect the world, my work in Germany and Europe, and not just China. Huawai tablets and smart-phones are the number 1 outside the USA and if you want 5g network hardware you have literally no other option than to buy certain Huawai hardware (especially certain signal boosters, filters and modular antenna fields) and I would be curious what Europeans did to you that you have to drag them in your hamster dick wrangling contest with China. Fact is that Trump is completely mentally insane if he thinks this will end up with a US victory considering he just brought up the world against him since this licensing ban by google/ms affects the entire world, and not just China and the USA

And if everyone bans Huawei they go bankrupt or isolated to China and other companies that are government agencies come in and fill the void in that case. Regardless of the shakeout Huawei needs to be destroyed or isolated.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

14. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 15:31 Beamer

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 15:27:
wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:18:
Please read my edits.... has nothing to do with laptops and phones.

As for 5G... the world can wait for someone that isn't manufacturing Back doors built in.

Android and Windows license revocation has a lot to do with tablets and phones though. Aside from the USA Huawai is number 1 world wide for smart phones and tablets. And personally I would rather NOT buy a tablet or phone anymore if my only choices were Apple and Samsung.

Huawei, in the last 18 months, became the most interesting phone manufacturer, by a wide margin. I really like my S10, but I would swap it for a P30 Pro. The software experience lags behind, from what I understand, but the hardware is just something else.

-------------

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 15:27 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:18:

As for 5G... the world can wait for someone that isn't manufacturing Back doors built in.

Android and Windows license revocation has a lot to do with tablets and phones though. Aside from the USA Huawai is number 1 world wide for smart phones and tablets. And personally I would rather NOT buy a tablet or phone anymore if my only choices were Apple and Samsung.

And to give you an idea, I replaced my Samsung tablet with a Huawai tablet and will never go back. I have Android 9 on my M5 tablet while Samsung has the gall to to never update their fucking tablets to a new android version. Many galaxy tabs never even got Android 8

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 15:18 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:39:
To be honest I hope China completely and violently retaliates for this. This isn't a trade war, that is literally a declaration of war. Especially since the orange hamster hasn't produced a single proof.

Yes, because CLEARLY what the world needs now is an actual fucking war.

Edit:
Violently in the relation of a trade war.

Oh, okay. Eh, they probably will, but they could fix this real quick if they wanted to. Get rid of that retarded law they have that says that every Chinese corporation MUST assist the Chinese Intelligence apparatus on demand, no questions asked.

Because for all the huawei president's posturing that he would never order his company to do so, he'd literally have NO CHOICE but to comply. And if he wouldn't, then the 50000 people below him would, because they have no desire to spend the rest of their life in a fucking Chinese gulag.

11. How to combat fake news May 20, 2019, 15:17 Creston

Here's the blueprint: Do not elect Donald fucking Trump as your president.  

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 14:18 wtf_man

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 14:13 eRe4s3r

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:51 wtf_man

Everyone spies on Everyone (Country Governments). That has nothing to do with manufacturing communications infrastructure devices that puposely allows blanket easy access to spy on communcations. Also you need to realize the difference between "marketing privacy invasion" from companies that want to "monitize" you, vs. a foreign power that wants to undermine your government in any way possible. The reason for the ban is because of infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cell Tower Tech)... NOT because of consumer phones and laptops.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 14:10.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:26 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:21:
To be honest I hope China completely and violently retaliates for this. This isn't a trade war, that is literally a declaration of war. Especially since the orange hamster hasn't produced a single proof.

Really?

Apparently you haven't been reading the oodles of security tech news that have been exposing the Huawei "back doors" over the years.

Lets go all the way back to 2012 (Obama Era)... Former Pentagon analyst: China has backdoors to 80% of telecoms

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:24 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2019, 12:29:

Violently? Violently?

Keep in mind, too, that Google's services don't work on Huawei phones in China because the Chinese government has blocked them. This is something of a retaliation to that.

Violently in the relation of a trade war.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 13:21 wtf_man

Really?

Apparently you haven't been reading the oodles of security tech news that have been exposing the Huawei "back doors" over the years.

Lets go all the way back to 2012 (Obama Era)... Former Pentagon analyst: China has backdoors to 80% of telecoms

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 12:29 Beamer

Violently? Violently?

Keep in mind, too, that Google's services don't work on Huawei phones in China because the Chinese government has blocked them. This is something of a retaliation to that.

-------------

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 12:17 Cutter

They can't or their economy tanks. All the intel agencies seem to be in agreement that Huawei is just an arm of Chinese gov't, and C is for cookie and that's good enough for me. China and Russia both need to be shut down hard regardless because the way of life for the entire world is at stake. It's time to take the gloves off and stop fucking around.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 20, 2019, 11:56 Burrito of Peace

I hope they do not. I would prefer not being recalled to active duty at my age.

Adware is malware. There are far, far too many incidents of ad networks being compromised with malicious ads for me to ever treat adware as anything less than malware. No matter how much I like a site, or even the owner, ads will never be served in my browser (plus, of course scripting protection and Java can fuck right off). I'm more than happy to support the site in other ways either via Patreon or merch.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo