Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: etc. May 21, 2019, 14:34 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 21, 2019, 10:20:
I don't get it really. You have a great combat system great physics (to some extend) and you implement one of the most boring openworlds EVER .. why?

Because Avalanche has no fucking clue how to make a fun open world. They're known as an "open world" studio, and yet they release boring failure after boring failure.

Maybe it's time to shift to point and click adventures or something, Avalanche. You clearly SUCK at the open world stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: etc. May 21, 2019, 10:20 eRe4s3r

I just listend to a scathing podcast review that essentially called Rage 2 a burger you bought and you bite a piece off... and then you notice it's only bland bread.

I don't get it really. You have a great combat system great physics (to some extend) and you implement one of the most boring openworlds EVER .. why?

You don't have any destruction, no BF5 kind of map destruction, no terrain deformations, no fucking weather patterns, no wildlife no dynamic bases spreading... it's a boring 1997 shooter.

18. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 22:46 jdreyer

Came here to post, but it looks like y'all got it covered.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 21:53 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 18:38:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 20, 2019, 18:09:
This might be the worst idea Valve has ever had..

Pay to avoid toxic gamers? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ASSHOLES? This should be a default function without paying for premium
And there are no guarantees. I'd like to see a 3 tiered pricing scheme.
For $9.95 a month you get 30% less chance of playing with someone on your blocked list. 52% for $12.95 and only $15.95 for an 82% chance of avoiding that off-brand oleaginous buttplug.

No no no no no. It's Valve! $4.99 buys you a LOOTBOX with a CHANCE to draw a token to avoid a toxic player ONCE. Then you get to buy another lootbox!

16. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 19:22 CJ_Parker

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:46:
So Rage 2 physical sales are down? Why is that even news. ohhh because we are pretending Physical sales matter.

You obviously only read the headline. The article also has Steam player stats. Those numbers are abysmal for a new release.
If you check the Steam top games stats right now then Rage 2 has barely made it into the top 100 today at 87th place with a peak number of players at around 4.5K. That's beyond pathetic for a new AAA release.

Those numbers make me very happy though. Maybe this way Bethesda will learn that people aren't willing to put up with piecemeal games anymore (yeah, yeah, I know it is more likely they will attribute the sales failure to the absence of multiplayer). The price should also come crashing down much sooner since they will be forced to salvage whatever is left in this wreck.

Doesn't matter to me. I won't buy their half-assed, unfinished piecemeal piece of shit before there is a GOTY. Fuck them. Super glad this garbage tanked hard.

15. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 18:38 RedEye9

Pay to avoid toxic gamers? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ASSHOLES? This should be a default function without paying for premium
And there are no guarantees. I'd like to see a 3 tiered pricing scheme.
For $9.95 a month you get 30% less chance of playing with someone on your blocked list. 52% for $12.95 and only $15.95 for an 82% chance of avoiding that off-brand oleaginous buttplug.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

14. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 18:29 Mr. Tact

You are being far too kind. You are paying to let them know you want to avoid a toxic gamer. Doing so does not accomplish the desired effect.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 18:09 Tipsy McStagger

12. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 16:37 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:40:
RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:33:
Don't like toxic gamers, there's a fee for that.
Even worse it is a fee for a service which doesn't provide the service. It simply notifies the devs of your preference. Great, thanks a ton for that.

Jesus Christ... Fuck you, Valve. Fuck you right in the toxic ass.

11. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 15:09 jacobvandy

So Rage 2 physical sales are down? Why is that even news. ohhh because we are pretending Physical sales matter.

They're talking about UK only, and first week sales only. Body of the article admits the sequel launched on a Friday and the first game on a Tuesday... but there's no room for such detail in a clickbai headline.

10. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 14:53 Flo

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:48:
Rage 2 time to beat
Just the main story you're looking at ~10 hours. A completionist has ~25 hours of playtime.
Totally fine by me. If you like 100+ hours grind, though...

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 14:52  Blue 

From the article:

Up to 50 per cent of UK console sales are now accounted for by digital, per research by GamesIndustry.biz - so, applying this generously to Rage 2, sales are only down on Rage 1 by half.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

8. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 14:46 Riahderymnmaddog

7. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 13:48 RedEye9

Rage 2 time to beat
Just the main story you're looking at ~10 hours. A completionist has ~25 hours of playtime.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

6. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 13:36 Flo

Rage 2 sales significantly down on original…
Cry Cry

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

5. Re: May 20, 2019, 12:50 intermarer

30 fps cap!?? WHAT THE F?! Glad I skipped this turd  

4. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 12:21 Xero

Removing 30fps cap on PC for MK11??? Whaaaaat? That's awesome. Supposedly it was done to give the correct look for the fatalities. I think it's stupid, as are the menus with their sluggish feel.

Going to be awesome running at full 60fps. Sucks to be console gamers often, lol.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

3. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 12:19 Cutter

Well there's a real simple solution to that. Stop playing it and go play something else. As always, vote with your wallet.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

2. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 10:40 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on May 20, 2019, 10:33:
Even worse it is a fee for a service which doesn't provide the service. It simply notifies the devs of your preference. Great, thanks a ton for that.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: etc. May 20, 2019, 10:33 RedEye9

The monetization of things we don't want.
Don't like robocalls, the phone company gots you covered if you pay more.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo