Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Today is the 20th anniversary of the release of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. This raises the fear that if tonight's finale of Game of Thrones is as much of a letdown as the last two seasons of the show, May 19th will become known as Geek Disappointment Day. I tend to be an optimist though, so I'm still hopeful the show will go out on a high note of sorts. We shall see.

Geeky Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: There Is No Saving ‘Game Of Thrones’ Now.
Stories: Impossible Foods' next product is sausage.
Science: Can a Hormonal Nasal Spray Help People With Autism? Thanks Max.
Media: StarCraft 2 vs Dota 2 - Bored Ep1 - Viva La Dirt League (VLDL).
HurtStone Ep4 : Warlock vs Priest.
Super Mario Kitty.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 11:56 MrBone

Loved the ending because it causes so many people to freak out over absolutely nothing. All the notable characters got what the wanted and peace is at hand. Fairy-tale endings are Disney fodder.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 08:46 Pigeon

Simon Says wrote on May 20, 2019, 05:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2019, 23:29:
I... actually kinda liked the ending.

Yeah, it was pretty good overall

Edit: But the way they got there... well, that's another matter entirely.

Given the way things went this season it was wrapped up about as good as it could have been. My expectations were also significantly lowered so that helped. But damn...[SPOILERS] why did it have to be Bran the Boring. The best thing about the end of the show is I won't have to hear him say, 'you were exactly where you needed to be' anymore.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 05:36 Simon Says

eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2019, 23:29:

Yeah, it was pretty good overall

Edit: But the way they got there... well, that's another matter entirely.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 07:36.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 00:20 jdreyer

If you're hankering for a bit more Chernobyl while we wait for the next episode to drop, try this Chernobyl podcast. NPR's Peter Sagal interviews showrunner Craig Mazin. Provides lots of story background, cut scene info, and other production details. Good stuff.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: GoT! May 20, 2019, 00:16 Acleacius

Ant wrote on May 19, 2019, 20:30:
I'll win the game of throne!
All Hail, Ant the Diligent!!

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 23:29 eRe4s3r

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 22:30 Capella

I predict 100s of thousands pissed off folks. It wouldn't of mattered how that ended.  

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 20:45 OpticNerve

afka Rossini wrote on May 19, 2019, 17:44:
Simon Says wrote on May 19, 2019, 17:12:
Not holding my breath...

Predictions:

Dany's gonna die, probably assassinated by Bronn, hired by Tyrion so he can finally get his castle. Jon's not gonna want the throne, but it's gonna be pushed on him anyway, he may refuse it categorically, plunging Westeros in turmoil, or Tyrion's gonna get on the throne, he may also be eaten by Drogon, "eat the help" you know.

It's the logical ending if Chekov's gun applies. But... seeing as they did a crap job with Chekov's gun since they left the books material behind, I doubt these predictions are going to be accurate.

Predictions:
Sansa, with or without Tyrion, ends up on the throne.
Daenerys dead by Jon's hand.
Jon heads north to join the Wildlings.
Drogon does whatever he wants.

My predictions are similar but slightly different:
- Sansa will end up on the Iron Throne. She has the good-heartedness (and loyalty of the North) by being a Stark and her past experiences with Cersi, Littlefinger and Ramsay have hardened her to not be as naive and dumb as Ned and Jon. She'll be the perfect ruler.

- Jon will be killed by Dany.

- Dany will be killed by Arya.

- Due to Hound's last advice to Arya, I think she will give up a life of violence and up marrying Gendry. This fullfills Robert and Ned's wishes of combining both of their houses.

- Tyrian will be Sansa's Hand (maybe even marry her? This might work out well since all three houses are now intertwined).

- Tormund will fullfill his destiny and truly fuck a bear.

14. GoT! May 19, 2019, 20:30 Ant

I'll win the game of throne!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 20:01 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2019, 17:42:
TheBigVlad wrote on May 19, 2019, 16:32:
Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:08:
Unfortunate the writing quality took such a nose dive in the last season. Setting aside the obvious, it looks like shit and smells like shit, the biggest indication are the number of people trying to fill in the blanks by offering their own take on character actions. Hopefully the last weeks episode was the worst, but I fear in their increasing haste to wrap everything up the worst has yet to come.

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season, and one of the best in quite a while. I was utterly confused at all the negativity I was seeing. There were a few issues but I thought the characters actions made sense for the most part.

I do hope the spin-offs they are working on leave out most of the magic/dragon stuff and focus on the characters. That was always the best part of early GoT - the politics, intrigue, and backstabbing involving interesting characters.
I did not think last weeks episode was the worst thing ever. With nothing to go on except script writers making the story up as they go, these last 2 season have been ho hum. I'll watch this last episode just because.

I'm more excited about Catch 22 and the final 3 episodes of Chernobyl, and I already know the outcome of both of those.

On the chance there are those who for some reason haven't watched it SPOILERS:

7 Seasons of Danny the merciful essentially destroyed by two episodes of Mad Queen Danny because the plot demands it. 7 seasons of Varys subtlety picking his way through the dangerous political world of Westeros to him all but announcing in front of Danny while pointing at her "We need to kill this bitch". Tyrion has been a cynical, and mostly right,now hopeful and wrong about everything. 7 Seasons of Jon running around clueless and... okay somethings haven't changed. I'm honestly not upset about what happened as to how suddenly it got there.

Not to say there weren't some good moments. Tyrion and Jamie's goodbye was great, same goes with Arya and the Hound.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 19:31 RedEye9

Finland is winning the war on fake news. What it’s learned may be crucial to Western democracy

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 17:44 afka Rossini

Simon Says wrote on May 19, 2019, 17:12:
Not holding my breath...

Predictions:

Dany's gonna die, probably assassinated by Bronn, hired by Tyrion so he can finally get his castle. Jon's not gonna want the throne, but it's gonna be pushed on him anyway, he may refuse it categorically, plunging Westeros in turmoil, or Tyrion's gonna get on the throne, he may also be eaten by Drogon, "eat the help" you know.

It's the logical ending if Chekov's gun applies. But... seeing as they did a crap job with Chekov's gun since they left the books material behind, I doubt these predictions are going to be accurate.

Predictions:
Sansa, with or without Tyrion, ends up on the throne.
Daenerys dead by Jon's hand.
Jon heads north to join the Wildlings.
Drogon does whatever he wants.

10. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 17:42 RedEye9

Unfortunate the writing quality took such a nose dive in the last season. Setting aside the obvious, it looks like shit and smells like shit, the biggest indication are the number of people trying to fill in the blanks by offering their own take on character actions. Hopefully the last weeks episode was the worst, but I fear in their increasing haste to wrap everything up the worst has yet to come.

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season, and one of the best in quite a while. I was utterly confused at all the negativity I was seeing. There were a few issues but I thought the characters actions made sense for the most part.

I do hope the spin-offs they are working on leave out most of the magic/dragon stuff and focus on the characters. That was always the best part of early GoT - the politics, intrigue, and backstabbing involving interesting characters.
I did not think last weeks episode was the worst thing ever. With nothing to go on except script writers making the story up as they go, these last 2 season have been ho hum. I'll watch this last episode just because.

I'm more excited about Catch 22 and the final 3 episodes of Chernobyl, and I already know the outcome of both of those.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

9. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 17:30 afka Rossini

I liked episode five as well. Good spectacle and some really outstanding camera work. Storywise, whaddya gonna do? Someone will reboot this thing in 20 years and maybe they'll have at least "Winds of Winter" to draw from. Meantime, I'm still really looking forward to tonight's finale.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 17:12 Simon Says

Not holding my breath...

Predictions:

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 16:54 Cutter

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:11:
I have watched episode I on the big screen on release day. It was... beyond terrible. It was like George Lucas kicked my balls for 2 hours.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Some men pay good money for that sort of thing. Biker

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

6. Re: Morning Patches May 19, 2019, 16:32 TheBigVlad

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 16:10 Wallshadows

Qyburn really outdid himself by using Return of the Living Dead magic on the Mountain instead of the lesser Romero magic.

While it's easy to blame GRRM for taking a thousand years to write a book which allowed the quality of the later seasons to suffer, D&D must have had one hell of a contract if they were able to undermine HBO which wanted 10 seasons and were then able to run the series in to the ground without issue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 16:01 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2019, 15:11:
I have watched episode I on the big screen on release day. It was... beyond terrible. It was like George Lucas kicked my balls for 2 hours. Later I watched it again with my little nephew. He loved it but I still felt hurt. End of story. No more episode I for me - never again. Episode VIII is pretty much the same story - unwatchable.
It mostly died for me in Episode VI. After the Ewoks I knew things had taken a very bad turn. But yeah, Episode I was the "fait accompli" showing the saga had indeed been executed. Since then, if I remember correctly, I saw only two of the following films in the theater. I haven't seen VIII yet.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 15:11 El Pit

I have watched episode I on the big screen on release day. It was... beyond terrible. It was like George Lucas kicked my balls for 2 hours. Later I watched it again with my little nephew. He loved it but I still felt hurt. End of story. No more episode I for me - never again. Episode VIII is pretty much the same story - unwatchable.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo