Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale

Apparently some publishers were not aware of elements of the Epic Mega Sale launched yesterday on the Epic Games Store. A story on Kotaku reports that a couple of titles are no longer available on the store during the sale, most notably Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, the upcoming RPG sequel. The game was removed shortly after the sale began, and word is purchases made before it disappeared will be honored, but apparently Paradox was not happy with how inexpensive this made the game, probably due to the additional $10.00 discount Epic is funding. Kotaku has a comment from Paradox: "We are in discussion with Epic regarding the temporary removal of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 from the Epic Game Store," the company confirms. "The game will return to the store soon! Any purchases made while the game was discounted during the Epic Mega Sale will be honored and no Masquerade violations will be assessed." They also this quote on the situation: "If a developer or publisher chooses to not participate in our sales, we will honor that decision," an Epic representative said in an email. "Paradox Interactive has chosen to not participate in the Epic Mega Sale and the game has been temporarily removed from sale. If youíve purchased Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 during the period when the discount did apply at the time of check out, Epic will honor that price." They also note that Oxygen Not Included is no longer, well, included, but that publisher Klei Entertainment has not yet commented on the situation. Finally, the report discusses some pricing adjustments made to games to make their sale discounts better align with publisher desires.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 13:27 [VG]Reagle

Epic win! Epic retaliates by removing the Game from the store for the period of the sale.  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 12:46 Moog

Epic Fail! They can't even get a sale right!  

11. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:57 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:47:
Ugh, ignore this game and pick up Satisfactory instead. THAT dev team sent out emails to everyone who already has it saying oh boy tell your friends the game is on sale.

If you have even the tiniest interest in a factory game, itís worth the money. Hell, play it multiplayer and just go exploring while someone else builds. Finding future resources and crashed drop pods is hugely beneficial. The only caveat is that the game is a CPU crushing monster in the late game, but thatís pretty much every factory game.

Alright alright, you've convinced me, stop already!

10. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:48 saluk

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:18:
Publishers: Epic, you promised to makes US rich - not the gamers!!! Evil Epic - give US the $10, because you always told US that WE should earn more when WE take your Tencent Fortnite money! WE demand a better cut: $10 per game for US!

Epic reaping what it has sown...

That's not quite the issue. The extra 10$ and it's automatic application based on a (seemingly) arbitrary price threshold meant publishers made incorrect price adjustments.

Knowing whether or not your game would get an extra 10, as a publisher you can decide how much additional sale you offer.

Price is extremely important. It is a key factor in any marketing or sales operation. Boo on epic for making this as confusing as it was to everybody just to get it out a month before the steam sale.

I support EGS in general, and am indifferent to the timed exclusive tactics (it has pluses and minuses over steamworks that can be a soft but more permanent exclusive for steam). The 10$ extra was a nice idea but this is extremely poorly done.

9. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:47 HoSpanky

Ugh, ignore this game and pick up Satisfactory instead. THAT dev team sent out emails to everyone who already has it saying oh boy tell your friends the game is on sale.

If you have even the tiniest interest in a factory game, itís worth the money. Hell, play it multiplayer and just go exploring while someone else builds. Finding future resources and crashed drop pods is hugely beneficial. The only caveat is that the game is a CPU crushing monster in the late game, but thatís pretty much every factory game.

8. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:22 El Pit

WaltC wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:04:
Pretty funny...offer to discount a publisher's software before making the publisher aware of it....;) Personally, I think it's fairly dumb of publishers not to discount pre-orders to some extent--hard to understand why anyone pre-orders a game at full sticker! Not me!

But... but... but... you'll get exclusive items for preorders that are at least worth $10! Like a standard vehicle - but in PINK! Or standard weapons - but colored GOLD!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:18 El Pit

Publishers: Epic, you promised to makes US rich - not the gamers!!! Evil Epic - give US the $10, because you always told US that WE should earn more when WE take your Tencent Fortnite money! WE demand a better cut: $10 per game for US!

Epic reaping what it has sown...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:06 RedEye9

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished  

ďIf the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.Ē

5. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 11:04 WaltC

Pretty funny...offer to discount a publisher's software before making the publisher aware of it....;) Personally, I think it's fairly dumb of publishers not to discount pre-orders to some extent--hard to understand why anyone pre-orders a game at full sticker! Not me!  

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

4. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 10:38 Beamer

Creston wrote on May 17, 2019, 10:00:
I don't get it. If Epic chooses to essentially pick up 10 bucks of the tab, why does the publisher care?

Partially because it violates MAP, partially because it devalues the product for consumers. Once it's on sale, a good chunk of consumers will just wait for the next sale, which is why brands hate their products being put on sale too quickly.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 10:12 RabidStoat

they're probably worried it'll affect the deals with distributors. Less people buying the copy from elsewhere means less money for their retail deals. But you're right, more sales shouldn't be a bad thing.  

2. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 10:10 Bill Borre

Maybe they have agreements with other distributors to sell at a certain price point?  

1. Re: Bloodlines 2 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 17, 2019, 10:00 Creston

I don't get it. If Epic chooses to essentially pick up 10 bucks of the tab, why does the publisher care?

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo