Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews

With Total War: THREE KINGDOMS expected next week, Creative Assembly now offers a launch trailer for the latest installment in their long-running strategy series. Here's word on what they say is the most preordered title in Total War history: "In just one week, this underdog and his sworn brothers will face off against the cruelty of Dong Zhuo, the might of Sun Jian, and the cunning of Cao Cao for control of Ancient China. Join him – or fight against him – when Total War: THREE KINGDOMS releases for Windows PC on May 23rd." It would also seem the review embargo for the game has expired, as evaluations are popping up all over. Here's a roundup:

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 18, 2019, 10:42 Task

You all know this game has a 'Fantasy'-like setting called 'Romance' right? There's no dragons and what not, but the hero characters basically can take on entire stacks of units and stuff like that. Just saying, they included both a historical and over-the-top campaigns to choose from.

But it's cool that CA is exploring other IP's to use Total War with like Warhammer. My main interest is the history-ish ones, I still even play the really old ones like Shogun 1 or RTW 1.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 18, 2019, 07:49 eRe4s3r

bjack wrote on May 18, 2019, 03:45:
Total War: Warhammer will nearly ruin all the other games for you unless you are a die hard historian.

Did for me. And not to mention mods for Warhammer 2 are so absurdly vast that it's not even competition. I mean there are mods for every taste that add complex campaign mechanics if you want them. Or some that just make sure it's really TOTAL WAR with 40 vs 40 stacks all the time.

3 Kingdoms seems to focus entirely on the campaign map which to me is.. well, kinda meh.

Also, nothing will ever beat motherfucking 3 headed dragons <3

But you know what. That's totally fine. I get there are TW players who are in for historic reasons, I am in for the fantasy now. Atilla ruined historic TW for me.

9. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 18, 2019, 03:45 bjack

Total War: Warhammer will nearly ruin all the other games for you unless you are a die hard historian.  

8. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 16:33 jdreyer

@Blue. I don't think you included enough reviews.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 13:22 Fion

I'm not much of a strategy gamer, but I had Total War: Warhammer 2 on my wishlist (mostly cause I'm a huge tabletop RPG fan) for some time, and when it went down to $20 during the spring sale I picked it it up and found.. I freaking love this game. So much so that when they had a SEGA sale and the first game + both games DLC went on sale, I bought everything so I could play the Mortal Empires campaign in all of its glory.

That said I don't think I'll get this game. Warhammer 2 was my first game in the Total War series, but without the fantasy elements of giant monsters and crazy races and powers, I'm not sure I'd have as much fun.

6. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 13:03 eRe4s3r

I skipperino this boring period so fast that you can't even see my shadow. If I wanted to fight with clone troopers I'd play Shogun 2. (by the way, I am talking about the units, not any race...)

This comment was edited on May 17, 2019, 13:15.

5. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 11:23 El Pit

I'm waiting for the DLC where the Orcs invade China.

Oh, wait...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 11:20 Leper

Bring on the patches (and the sales)!  

3. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 11:06 Task

Hmm, I think I might finally buy a Total War again.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 10:02 Creston

Have they said that they had 947 programmers working full time on the AI in this one yet? It doesn't feel like a Total War release until they crow about how awesome the AI will be because of all the work they've put into it.

To then be followed by videos of the AI just running into walls, standing there in arrow showers, etc.

1. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 10:01 Rigs

*covers eyes and throws a dart*

CRACK! ~~sizzle~~

Shit. I didn't even see which one it landed on!

=-Rigs-=

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo