Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Robert Pattinson Is "The Batman." There's a little backtracking in there, so this may not be official. But if it is, this not the best news from my point of view. It's not that I was on team whathisname, it's more irritation at Twilight in general. Of course the series was not targeted at me, so that's fine. And I'm always impressed when actors surprise us when they defy expectations or typecasting, so I'll keep an open mind in case I can end up pleasantly surprised. From the rumors I was actually pretty certain that Kit Harington would land the role, in spite of being a bit vertically challenged. I guess, like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

R.I.P.: Grumpy Cat dies aged seven: 'Some days are grumpier than others.' Thanks David.

I'm Linksman!: Thanks Ant.
Stories: "Dark Phoenix" Headed For Franchise Low Open.
Nuclear "coffin" may be leaking radioactive material into Pacific Ocean, U.N. chief says. Thanks RedEye9.
Manatee orgy causes traffic jam in Florida.
Science: NASA details the most distant world we've ever observed.
Mathematicians Just Discovered an 'Astonishing' New Way to Multiply Large Numbers. Thanks Max.
How Much Alcohol Can You Drink Safely? Thanks j.c.f.
A New Diet Study Confirms Your Worst Suspicions About Ultra-Processed Foods.
Media: Game of Thrones theme shredded to bits by Nuno Bettencourt, Tom Morello, Scott Ian and Brad Paisley. Thanks Redwood.
Lake Dunlap Dam Spillway Failure.
Timelapse of a giant excavator moving to a parking site.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 00:20 Kxmode

Creston wrote on May 17, 2019, 10:06:
Awwww, not grumpy cat.

Good. (j/k that's what Grumpy Cat would've said)

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 20:35 1badmf

i actually think pattinson is quite underrated as an actor because of his twilight period. but i saw him play a dirty explorer in Amazon's Lost City of Z and he was quite good. charlie hunnam from the same film would've been a better bats though, both physically and acting-wise.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 17:56 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2019, 17:12:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 17, 2019, 15:47:
Idris Elba for Batman!

20 years ago I'd have wholeheartedly agreed. Pushing 50 is too old for Bats. 30s is good which is why Pattison is the right age for it. Can't really think of anyone off the top of my head who would really fit the role. Jason Momoa maybe if he already wasn't Aquadude. You really do need someone big and solid - which is where Pattison falls woefully short.

Momoa is an excellent choice.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 17:54 jdreyer

Idris Elba for Batman!

He would be awesome. He's getting up there too though.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 17:51 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:42:
So what if it's leaking radioactive material? According to some people around here it's all perfectly safe and clean, right?

Heh.

16. Re: Ultra processed foods May 17, 2019, 17:50 jdreyer

Creston wrote on May 17, 2019, 12:26:
Sugar is a goddamn toxin. It is far more addictive than alcohol, and probably just as ruinous to your health.

This. Imagine if we taxed sugar like alcohol? Sugary snacks would cost twice as much and folks would eat much less. Instead, we subsidize sugar and corn to make it cheaper. Crazy.

Future generations are going to look at our eating habits the same way we look at 1950s smoking habits.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 17:12 Cutter

Idris Elba for Batman!

20 years ago I'd have wholeheartedly agreed. Pushing 50 is too old for Bats. 30s is good which is why Pattison is the right age for it. Can't really think of anyone off the top of my head who would really fit the role. Jason Momoa maybe if he already wasn't Aquadude. You really do need someone big and solid - which is where Pattison falls woefully short.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 15:56 RedEye9

Idris Elba for Batman!
I'm down for that but he's currently busy filming the next 007.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 15:47 Burrito of Peace

Idris Elba for Batman!  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 15:38 eRe4s3r

The answer to the article question about alcohol is. ZERO

If you ever drank alcohol in quantities in your life you have damaged yourself whether you stop later forever or not.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 15:27 Beamer

HoSpanky wrote on May 17, 2019, 12:33:
I had an irrational hatred of Leonardo DiCaprio for a long time, as I held him responsible for Titanic and the unrealistic expectations he instilled in the girls at my school.

But hes an amazingly versatile actor, and I dont blame him for getting in on a huge moneymaker. Pattinson has previously said that he didTwilight for the money. Im willing to believe him.

But

As someone else already said, hes gonna need to pack on a lot of muscle to be believable as Batman. Or maybe theyll make him some sort of enhancement suit that does the heavy lifting for him. That would certainly help him avoid being suspected of being the Batman as Bruce. No way, Batman is like, easily twice his size!

Funny, to me, Leo isn't very versatile. He has one mode: intense. He just acts intense.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 14:08 Nucas

OpticNerve wrote on May 17, 2019, 13:47:
Initially I scoffed at the Pattinson choice but who knows. People were very skeptical of Heath Ledger as Joker before the movie came out and look at how that turned out.

i was thinking how bad i thought hayden christensen was in the prequels but then i saw him in Glass years later and was surprised that he was actually a pretty good actor.

that may not be analogous to the pattinson thing though since george lucas is an awful director of actors.

9. Re: Mathematicians Just Discovered an 'Astonishing' New Way to Multiply Large Numbers. May 17, 2019, 13:49 Mr. Tact

This sounds pretty cool, assuming they didn't mess up and are correct -- would this have a significant impact on cryptography? Or is finding divisors the issue there?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 13:47 OpticNerve

Initially I scoffed at the Pattinson choice but who knows. People were very skeptical of Heath Ledger as Joker before the movie came out and look at how that turned out.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 12:33 HoSpanky

I had an irrational hatred of Leonardo DiCaprio for a long time, as I held him responsible for Titanic and the unrealistic expectations he instilled in the girls at my school.

But hes an amazingly versatile actor, and I dont blame him for getting in on a huge moneymaker. Pattinson has previously said that he didTwilight for the money. Im willing to believe him.

But

As someone else already said, hes gonna need to pack on a lot of muscle to be believable as Batman. Or maybe theyll make him some sort of enhancement suit that does the heavy lifting for him. That would certainly help him avoid being suspected of being the Batman as Bruce. No way, Batman is like, easily twice his size!

6. Ultra processed foods May 17, 2019, 12:26 Creston

I think the big thing is that the heavy concentration of sugar and shitty carbs just induce more cravings in you.

I've been on Keto since the new year, and before I would almost constantly be... not hungry, but at least desiring food. An hour after I ate, I'd think about going to the fridge for a snack.

Once I went on Keto, and stopped eating so many carbs (I still eat some, but try to keep it below 20 grams on a normal day and below 10 on a good day), that craving just went away.

Then, on days when circumstances make it so I eat carbs and especially sugars because there's not much else readily available, I immediately get that craving again.

Sugar is a goddamn toxin. It is far more addictive than alcohol, and probably just as ruinous to your health.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 12:18 subx

It's all about the chin, and as Val Kilmer proved by looking like a complete chump in the mask (actually, maybe they can CGI in a jawline these days).

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 11:54 MacLeod

subx wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:14:
Seems DC wants to continue reminding us what a generally good job the Marvel guys have done.

Honestly, after seeing some of his post-Twilight material, it's really not that bad of a choice if they were looking for younger. Check out "Good Time" for example. And that's coming from someone who despised "Twilight" with every fiber of my being.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 11:42 Cutter

So what if it's leaking radioactive material? According to some people around here it's all perfectly safe and clean, right?

I hope one of the cars that pulled over for the manatee orgy at least played some Marvin Gaye for them to really get the groove going.

Pattison certainly has the brooding aspect of Batman and at 6'1 that's tall enough but he's also a rake and like a buck sixty wet behind the ears. He's gonna need to put on 30 or 40 pounds of muscle. Good luck with that.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 11:14 subx

Seems DC wants to continue reminding us what a generally good job the Marvel guys have done.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo