Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Interviews May 18, 2019, 03:52 Razumen

Acleacius wrote on May 16, 2019, 14:37:
another crappy carmack engine. Flamethrower

Lawl, Carmack's engines were and are great.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 22:39 Avus

Game developers nowadays really have their heads in their own asses... first Randy now this  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

10. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 22:24 jacobvandy

mch wrote on May 16, 2019, 11:58:
Cutter wrote on May 16, 2019, 10:45:
Right, because Rage didn't borrow from Mad Max. Rolleyes

If you actually read the interview, he openly admits that Rage was heavily influenced by Mad Max, and says so before his comment about Fury Road.

His comment about Fury Road is actually just one sentence from the entire interview. It's a shame that Hollywood Reporter chose that one line to pull out and make the title of the piece. It doesn't really sound like he's complaining.

Yep. He even started the thought with 'I swear,' the way a lot of people do to indicate sarcasm/facetiousness. But bait will be bait.

9. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 17:58 Xero

I picked up Rage for like 5 bucks at one point. It's super mediocre. I could barely get myself up to push forward as long as I did. I might have logged 2 hours total game time (if that).

I still can't believe a sequel launched with all the hype considering how soft and mostly a dud Rage was... I suppose we are supposed to forget that ever happened? lol

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

8. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 14:54 Nucas

remember when tim willits said he invented deathmatch maps  

7. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 14:37 Acleacius

He's full of crap. 74 year George Miller would have had to play, rage and thought it was worthy? Lol_dies

Fury Road was in development hell for many years, with pre-production starting as early as 1997. Attempts to shoot the film in 2001 and 2003 were delayed due to the September 11 attacks and the Iraq War.

In 2009, Miller announced that filming would begin in early 2011. Hardy was cast as Max in June 2010, with production planned to begin that November.

So in willis's mind, they changed the script during production because George Miller (who was doing this 30 years before willis) thought rage was cool.
Meanwhile all the critics called it boring and lifeless, with good gunplay and another crappy carmack engine. Flamethrower

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 14:03 Nucas

i clicked this article only long enough to verify that something this arrogant could only be said by tim willits, and sure enough  

5. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 11:58 mch

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2019, 10:45:

If you actually read the interview, he openly admits that Rage was heavily influenced by Mad Max, and says so before his comment about Fury Road.

His comment about Fury Road is actually just one sentence from the entire interview. It's a shame that Hollywood Reporter chose that one line to pull out and make the title of the piece. It doesn't really sound like he's complaining.

4. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 11:57 El Pit

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mad Max - 1979
The Road Warrior - 1981
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome - 1985
Rage - 2011

Yeah.. Sure... huhuhuhu... HAHAHAHAHA! Lol_dies

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 10:54 Verno

Rage was really mediocre and not a great seller so I think he's flattering himself here.  

Playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Spider-Man, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: The Expanse, Three Kingdoms, The Curse of La Llorona

2. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 10:45 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 10:45 Creston

Hey, Tim Willits. You realize there were Mad Max movies BEFORE Fury Road, right?  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo