Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV

Valve announces that the Steam Link app is now available for iOS and Apple TV:

The Steam Link app, designed to extend Steam's suite of services and accessibility, is now available free of charge for iOS and Apple TV users (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steam-link/id1246969117).

The Steam Link app allows gamers to experience their Steam library of games on Apple (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV) devices while connected via 5Ghz network or wired Ethernet to a host computer running Steam. The Steam Link app features support for the Steam Controller, MFI controllers, and more.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 16, 2019, 07:15 Verno

Worked perfectly on the missus' Apple TV. I had to hook up an Xbox controller to the host PC though, couldn't get it to detect via Bluetooth.

I still prefer the Steam Link hardware.

Playing: Pillars of Eternity II, Dragon's Dogma, Final Fantasy V
Watching: Chernobyl, Barry, NBA Playoffs
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans May 16, 2019, 03:46 shul

intermarer wrote on May 16, 2019, 01:57:
I got notified that Steam needed an audio update. Maybe see if you can trigger that.

Played around with this for around 10 minutes with my iPad Pro 2 and Steam Controller. Graphics are blocky as hell and the sound is a bit choppy. Don't think I'll find any use for this. Controller was also pretty random if it worked or not. The whole thing feels very half-assed

this is so depressing.. what wifi do you use? gfx card? cpu?

6. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans May 16, 2019, 01:57 intermarer

I got notified that Steam needed an audio update. Maybe see if you can trigger that.

Played around with this for around 10 minutes with my iPad Pro 2 and Steam Controller. Graphics are blocky as hell and the sound is a bit choppy. Don't think I'll find any use for this. Controller was also pretty random if it worked or not. The whole thing feels very half-assed

This comment was edited on May 16, 2019, 03:05.

5. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 16, 2019, 01:18 Digitalfiends

Anyone else having trouble getting audio to work. Audio isnít muted on my iPad or my PC but I donít get any sound when streaming (and yes audio streaming is enabled in the app). Not sure what else to try....  

4. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 16, 2019, 00:10 [VG]Reagle

So we got this crap instead of Half Life 3. WTF ?!!!??!!??  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

3. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 16, 2019, 00:08 Reactor

Awesome they included Mfi controllers...  

2. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 15, 2019, 23:03 Digitalfiends

OMG I've been waiting for this for what feels like forever and sort of forgot about it since Apple rejected the last submission - figured it would never happen. I've got so many unplayed or neglected Steam games. Can't wait to try this on my iPad Pro 2.  

1. Re: Steam Link for iOS and Apple TV May 15, 2019, 20:53 RaZ0r!

Played Dead Cells on my iPhone just using touch controls. Worked great.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo