Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Previews

• Total War: Three Kingdoms on IGN.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Previews May 16, 2019, 23:22 panbient

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2019, 19:29:
I don't think CA will be able to do 40k properly by the way... not in this engine.

That's fair, truth be told the only Total War game I've played was Shogun 2 and only ever sank money into a single (mostly) 40k army. But even as I typed that first reply I wondered how CA would handle interplanetary space travel.

Either way my current potato pc can't really handle TW Warhammer. You definitely make it sound like it's worth getting though - once I finally get a new pc haha

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Previews May 16, 2019, 19:29 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on May 16, 2019, 18:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2019, 07:23:
there is not going to be another TW game ever that comes even CLOSE to that.

Not even if they take it 40 000 years into the future?

Surprisingly maybe... I think not. Warhammer is the perfect fit, lots of intrigue diplomacy and subterfuge in the lore fits the gameplay perfectly. All WH3 needs is a major AI update and it'd be imo not even beatable by any future game. Aside maybe Total War 2 - Warhammer 4 or something (new engine..)

Also I gotta say I was damn near "done" with Total War after Atilla. I skipped Bretonnia because (SAGA) and only Warhammer got me into it again (for entirely different reasons too)

At this point I am so spoiled by the mortal empires campaign (turn times be damned) that I don't see how any other Total War can ever surpass that. I mean when my Skaven campaign leads me through 320 turns fighting Dark Elf, Norsca chaos worshippers, empire, beastmen, pirates, vampires, orcs, goblins, dwarfs and Elves, weird chivalric knights and annoying merc bands.... on top of Tomb Kings and Lizards. Then how could any game ever top that? Not to mention each of these races has subfactions that have different rosters and different campaign goals and mechanics.

Not to mention the extremely diverse lord, magic and unit roster. Hero roster (heroes that can fight in battle) and the item and loot mechanic? (And for Skaven) the various evil machinations that undercities allow?

Let's face it, setting wise the only way Warhammer is topped is by doing it even better in a new engine. But Warhammer is Warhammer. It is the most complete fantasy setting there is. And maybe for the first time it's a Warhammer game that gets it right. I don't think CA will be able to do 40k properly by the way... not in this engine.

2. Re: Evening Previews May 16, 2019, 18:36 panbient

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2019, 07:23:
there is not going to be another TW game ever that comes even CLOSE to that.

Not even if they take it 40 000 years into the future?

1. Re: Evening Previews May 16, 2019, 07:23 eRe4s3r

To me this game might as well not exist. Give me Warhammer 3, complete the trilogy unified map with all factions and there is not going to be another TW game ever that comes even CLOSE to that.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo