Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month

THQ Nordic announces a May 28th release date for SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest, the standalone expansion for SpellForce 3 that adds a new Dark Elves race to the strategy sequel. They celebrate the news with a new faction trailer showing the Dark Elves exerting their influence on the battlefield. The announcement and the clip have a distinctly zerg vibe:

They are different. They are a swarm. They serve something greater than you could ever imagine. The Dark Elves are here and their mission is clear: They will reap the souls of the fallen and reanimate their hulls as their servants. Will you join them or will you feed their appetite for blood? Watch the new faction trailer and pick your side! The stand-alone expansion SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest will launch on May 28th, 2019 on PC for an SRP of $24.99 | 19.99 | 24.99!

Features:

• Build distinct heroes through various options and combinations on a skilltree
  • Lead your army to victory in a reworked sector-based RTS system
  • Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
  • Use flying units for even more advance tactics
  • Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding edge top down graphics

Multiplayer Features:

• Each faction has two unique heroes that compliment individual play styles
  • A modern multiplayer lobby will allow easier matchmaking and ranked play
  • Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools.

New features compared to SpellForce 3:

• All-New Campaign: Featuring new storyline with over 20 hours of content
  • All-New abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
  • All-New RTS Gameplay: Sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
  • Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
  • Flying units allow more tactical elements
  • New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves
  • Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and more readable

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Star Trek Online Mirror of Discovery This Month May 16, 2019, 07:44 eRe4s3r

Zoom wrote on May 16, 2019, 01:46:
MT Silver wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:14:
Wait what? Wasn't this an RPG? Now it's strategy? I'm confused.
It's a successor to Rage of Mages, which was an RPG using an engine very similar to Warcraft. It's a mix between RPG and RTS. I always wanted a true successor to that game, Spellforce 3 was a decent try at that, but it lacked some polish...

Worse is that Spellforce ruined any chance of another competitor coming into this genre. Because it sold abysmally bad due to.. well, lack of polish is an understatement. Spellforce 3 released in an unplayable state. Spellforce 1 and 2 have completely game breaking bugs to this day

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 16, 2019, 03:26 Osc8r

Tried the campaign co-op but man they ruined it, there was pretty much no action, it was all just walking and chat boxes... talk about boring.

Not only that, but characters you level up, stat up, and kit out just randomly die in the story without anything you can do about it.

Combat was also meh, and everything just felt extremely linear with little effect, from itemisation to stats/levels, as was the RTS aspect.

Spellforce 1 was so much better in every aspect, it was all downhill from there.

7. Re: Star Trek Online Mirror of Discovery This Month May 16, 2019, 01:46 Zoom

MT Silver wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:14:
It's a successor to Rage of Mages, which was an RPG using an engine very similar to Warcraft. It's a mix between RPG and RTS. I always wanted a true successor to that game, Spellforce 3 was a decent try at that, but it lacked some polish...

6. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 15, 2019, 16:50 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:13:
Hrm, I'll probably wait a bit. I liked Spellforce 3, but it was easily one of the buggiest games I've played in recent memory, on release day. To be fair it did get patched up quite a bit; hopefully Soul Harvest comes out a little more polished.

I'll say. The demo kept freezing my PC forcing hard boots. Definite no sale.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

5. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 15, 2019, 16:26 Darks

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:13:
Hrm, I'll probably wait a bit. I liked Spellforce 3, but it was easily one of the buggiest games I've played in recent memory, on release day. To be fair it did get patched up quite a bit; hopefully Soul Harvest comes out a little more polished.

Thats an understatement, there was a patch per day, I think I even saw at least once or twice they put on out two per-day. This was ongoing for at least a month until they finally stabilized the game. But it was a fun game. Fun Coop too.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Star Trek Online Mirror of Discovery This Month May 15, 2019, 15:14 MT Silver

3. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 15, 2019, 14:15 Quinn

The RTS part of SF3 was so bad that I couldn't finish the game because of it although I thought it was a beautiful game with a great story and atmosphere. I was really engaged with it. But fuck me was the RTS part bad...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 15, 2019, 13:31 eRe4s3r

This is probably the unpopular opinion here.. but to me the series should have always just gotten rid of that stupid flow breaking RTS element and focus ENTIRELY on the RPG and choice/consequence aspect.

Whenever it switched to RTS I basically saved got me a beer and deactivated my brain, because gods know that part of the game didn't require a single thought.

1. Re: SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest This Month May 15, 2019, 13:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo