Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Safety Dance

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 19:16 ForgedReality

People still fucking use WhatsApp?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Serious surveillance data breach May 15, 2019, 16:19 Creston

"You can trust these guys. They're professionals."

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 15:54 RedEye9

Caslon wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:37:
Still can't find the actual link for CVE-2019-0708 download. Also, for sometime now, my Windows 7 has not been automatically downloading and installing critical updates even tho I have it set to do so. It just shows I have updates waiting and for me to choose the critical ones or optional ones. I've gotten the latest ones installed, but they do not include the one that addresses this security vulnerability as
MS says that is a separate download.
It's at the bottom of this page.

Sounds like Windows Update is borked on your system.
There are several ways to fix that but one of the easiest is Tweaking.com's - "Windows Repair" which is now at version v4.4.9.

or manually by following a guide like https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 15:37 Caslon

Still can't find the actual link for CVE-2019-0708 download. Also, for sometime now, my Windows 7 has not been automatically downloading and installing critical updates even tho I have it set to do so. It just shows I have updates waiting and for me to choose the critical ones or optional ones. I've gotten the latest ones installed, but they do not include the one that addresses this security vulnerability as
MS says that is a separate download.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 15:14 RedEye9

It's my understanding that the fixes for supported operating systems are listed here
https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708
more from Bleeping Computers

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 13:59 RedEye9

Caslon wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:29:
The patch number described ending in 708 deals with Windows 7 being vulnerable. Yet, when I follow the link to download it, I see no such patch listed there ending in 708. What's up with that?
Windows update should deliver the patch for supported systems.
Or it might be in one of the Monthly rollups or Security Only updates.

Here is the link for XP and 2003, it was buried in a lot of doublespeak. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500705/customer-guidance-for-cve-2019-0708

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 13:43 RedEye9

https://www.wired.com/story/microsoft-windows-xp-patch-very-bad-sign/  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 13:29 Caslon

The patch number described ending in 708 deals with Windows 7 being vulnerable. Yet, when I follow the link to download it, I see no such patch listed there ending in 708. What's up with that?

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2019, 12:49 RedEye9

WOW
The FCC finally gets off its ass and makes a decent ruling. wtf version of reality is this???
-----------------------------------------------------
Never fear, Microsoft has got you XP user's covered
Older Windows versions like Windows 2003 and XP—which Microsoft ended support for earlier this year—won't get the fix through Windows Update, but can and should apply it manually.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo