Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Like the escapees of the Matrix, I and many other Knicks fans hinged our hopes on Zion. But after the NBA lottery I'm like Morpheus. "I have dreamed a dream... but now that dream has gone from me." Actually, I don't follow college hoops enough to have a strong opinion on the draft class, I'm just taking the word of the experts on this. But with the expanded lottery, this could have been so much worse. So it's hard to deny things are looking up for Dolan's Dolts. With the third pick in the draft, a ton of cap space, and signs in the tea leaves the team may well sign some top talent free agents, things are about as optimistic for the Knicks as they could possibly be for a team that had the worst record in the league.

R.I.P.: Machiko Kyo, Japanese Actress, Dies at 95.

Blue Pill Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: How Movie Magic Made the Aston Martin Goldfinger DB5 Continuation’s Bond Gadgets a Reality. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: SpaceX Is Launching 60 Starlink Internet Satellites Tonight: How to Watch Live.
Dementia: Exercise, diet, healthy lifestyle can prevent it, WHO says.
Images: Dave Grohl playing Game Boy in the studio during the recording of In Utero.
Mystery dick symbols spotted in parks using Google Earth.
Media: Driver goes berserk when another driver won't let him merge. Speechless.
Barbie Power Wheels Jeep Goes Extreme.
An alternate take on Tyrion negotiating [GoT spoilers].
Follow-up: Stan Lee’s ex-manager charged with five counts of elder abuse.
Tracking down the people behind a pamphlet that's fueling New York's measles outbreak. Thanks RedEye9.
Andrew Wakefield, others hold anti-vaccine rally amid raging measles outbreaks.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 23:01 Simon Says

Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 20:57:
Official title of the Captain Picard show announced.

Oh boy... This looks even worse than I thought. ST TLB: Star Trek Title Bait.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 23:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 21:50 Creston

1badmf wrote on May 15, 2019, 21:09:
oddly enough, here in california my experience is that we're really good at zipper merging. maybe a byproduct of selfishness where everyone wants to get as far up as possible before merging, but there you have it. we always zipper merge at the last possible inch of road.

But that's the way to do it. And if everyone just politely zippers at the merge point, everything would move relatively smoothly. But there's always cocksuckers who won't let people merge, or assholes in semis who feel that the whole world should wait for them, etc. Fuck people.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 21:21 1badmf

false flag is any incident where an actor pretends to be representing a political entity, but is actually representing someone else.

i wouldn't call tonkin a false flag - there were lies about the attack but no false actors. same with iraq - i would characterize those as lies as well, not mistakes, but again no false actors.

off the top of my head - bay of pigs was classic false flag. also the russian invasion of crimea.

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 21:09 1badmf

Creston wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:04:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:51:
We suck at merging in Texas. I have to go through a merge every day and no one seems to understand the zipper concept of two lanes merging. Easily 33% of my commute is spent at that merge.

Nobody understands that anywhere. I have a similar 3-lanes-turn-into-2 scenario. Few people understand that if everyone would keep going on the 3rd lane until the end, and then we zip neatly, the entire traffic jam would be substantially shorter for everyone. (this has been proven in tests.)

Instead most people join the traffic jam way at the back (thereby just moving it two miles down the road), and then get super pissed at people continuing on down the 3rd lane. Now the imbecile local government have a fucking sign up that is exhorting people to merge at the back. ALL THAT DOES IS MOVE THE TRAFFIC JAM DOWN THE ROAD YOU FUCKING MORONS. USE ALL THE AVAILABLE ROAD FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN, SO WE CAN ALL GET HOME QUICKER.

oddly enough, here in california my experience is that we're really good at zipper merging. maybe a byproduct of selfishness where everyone wants to get as far up as possible before merging, but there you have it. we always zipper merge at the last possible inch of road.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 20:57 Kxmode

Official title of the Captain Picard show announced.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:40 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:17:
Beamer wrote on May 15, 2019, 14:07:
Cutter wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:00:
And here we go....

First drone related terrorist incident - that I know of at any rate. This is just going to get more and more common.

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/world/middleeast/saudi-oil-attack.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage§ion=World]Yemen’s Houthi Rebels Attack Saudi Oil Facilities, Escalating Tensions in Gulf[/url]

And looks like the Republicons are trying to wag the dog once again and drag America back into another unnecessary - and illegal - war.

Skeptical U.S. Allies Resist Trump’s New Claims of Threats From Iran

Don't be surprised to see a major false flag operation happen soon. And just in time for the run up to the 2020 elections? Gee, what are the odds? Rolleyes

How many false flag operations can you name?

- Manchurian incident, that Japan used as justification to fully invade China.

- Gulf of Tonkin incident, which the US used as pretext to bomb North Vietnam, and further involve itself in the conflict.

- Fake evidence that Iraq supported Al Qaeda's 9/11 attack, used as part of the justification for invading Iraq in 2003.

Those are off the top of my head.

As far as the current oil freighters damaged in the Gulf, I suppose it could be a false flag incident:

- The attacks did no real damage to the freighters. It's as if someone wanted to cause an incident without risking the assets.
- The attacks coincide with the Lincoln CSG arriving in the Gulf. Convenient timing for sure, if you want to implement retaliatory strikes against Iran.
- Iran has no motive to start something at this time. Their economy is still reeling from sanctions, and starting a fight with the US and other Gulf states would just make things worse from that perspective. They're much better off supporting proxies and letting them do the work and take the blame. That suggests other parties may have performed the attack.

All that said, I think it's unlikely this is a false flag. More likely that Iranian proxies without permission or terrorists like ISIS or Al Qaeda attacked. The incompetence of the attacks has the hallmarks of non-state actors.

I meant US ones. Iraq was bad intelligence, not a false flag. Mostly the same with Gulf of Tonkin. A true false flag is a deliberate attack on ourselves, or staging of an attack, to get a war. At least, I assume that's what Cutter means.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:35 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:56:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:48:

You'd think that guy would be shamed enough already.
Would it be bad of me to hope someone with measles attends the rally?

No kidding!!

Why cant people like this be the ones who catch these diseases and die so we can be rid of idiots like this in the world? If only that would happen!!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:17 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2019, 14:07:
And here we go....

First drone related terrorist incident - that I know of at any rate. This is just going to get more and more common.

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/world/middleeast/saudi-oil-attack.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage§ion=World]Yemen’s Houthi Rebels Attack Saudi Oil Facilities, Escalating Tensions in Gulf[/url]

And looks like the Republicons are trying to wag the dog once again and drag America back into another unnecessary - and illegal - war.

Don't be surprised to see a major false flag operation happen soon. And just in time for the run up to the 2020 elections? Gee, what are the odds? Rolleyes

- Manchurian incident, that Japan used as justification to fully invade China.

- Gulf of Tonkin incident, which the US used as pretext to bomb North Vietnam, and further involve itself in the conflict.

- Fake evidence that Iraq supported Al Qaeda's 9/11 attack, used as part of the justification for invading Iraq in 2003.

Those are off the top of my head.

As far as the current oil freighters damaged in the Gulf, I suppose it could be a false flag incident:

- The attacks did no real damage to the freighters. It's as if someone wanted to cause an incident without risking the assets.
- The attacks coincide with the Lincoln CSG arriving in the Gulf. Convenient timing for sure, if you want to implement retaliatory strikes against Iran.
- Iran has no motive to start something at this time. Their economy is still reeling from sanctions, and starting a fight with the US and other Gulf states would just make things worse from that perspective. They're much better off supporting proxies and letting them do the work and take the blame. That suggests other parties may have performed the attack.

All that said, I think it's unlikely this is a false flag. More likely that Iranian proxies without permission or terrorists like ISIS or Al Qaeda attacked. The incompetence of the attacks has the hallmarks of non-state actors.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:05 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:59:
On the NBA topic, here is a question for you:

If Durant does not return during these playoffs, and Golden State wins the championship anyway -- does that make it less or more likely Durant will leave the team?

Interesting question. I don't think it really matters. He will have already made up his mind on whether he's leaving, and he's already won a championship there anyway.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:04 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 15, 2019, 13:51:
We suck at merging in Texas. I have to go through a merge every day and no one seems to understand the zipper concept of two lanes merging. Easily 33% of my commute is spent at that merge.

Nobody understands that anywhere. I have a similar 3-lanes-turn-into-2 scenario. Few people understand that if everyone would keep going on the 3rd lane until the end, and then we zip neatly, the entire traffic jam would be substantially shorter for everyone. (this has been proven in tests.)

Instead most people join the traffic jam way at the back (thereby just moving it two miles down the road), and then get super pissed at people continuing on down the 3rd lane. Now the imbecile local government have a fucking sign up that is exhorting people to merge at the back. ALL THAT DOES IS MOVE THE TRAFFIC JAM DOWN THE ROAD YOU FUCKING MORONS. USE ALL THE AVAILABLE ROAD FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN, SO WE CAN ALL GET HOME QUICKER.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:03 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:56:
Nope, not at all.
I'll go one further and hope there are several people wandering around the rally with mumps, measles, smallpox, rubella, pertussis, halitosis, polio, flatulence and diptheria.

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:59 Mr. Tact

On the NBA topic, here is a question for you:

If Durant does not return during these playoffs, and Golden State wins the championship anyway -- does that make it less or more likely Durant will leave the team?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:56 Creston

Blue wrote on May 15, 2019, 12:45:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2019, 11:46:
Which top talent free agent wants to play for the Knicks, though?

By many accounts, Irving and Durant.

Kellerman
Stephen A.
The Knicks

Durant would be a great pickup. Kyrie... maybe not so much.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:56 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:48:

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:48 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:16 Kxmode

Driver goes berserk when another driver won't let him merge.

Both are idiots!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:10 Kxmode

There are now eight new gamer personas as declared by researchers based on today's gamers. In other words, "casual" and "hardcore" are out-dated labels.

- The Ultimate Gamer (13%) — You love nothing more than spending all your money and free time on games.
- The All-Around Enthusiast (9%) — You live a balanced gaming life in your playing, viewing, and buying habits.
- The Cloud Gamer (19%) — You're most likely an early adopter of game streaming services and will only spend money on hardware when necessary.
- The Conventional Player (4%) — You own tons of gaming hardware and would rather spend your time playing games than watching other people play games.
- The Hardware Enthusiast (9%) — You keep up with all the latest hardware trends and probably have a $5,000 extreme-build rig with RGB lighting everywhere.
- The Popcorn Gamer (13%) — You don't play games all that much, but you like watching others play.
- The Backseat Viewer (6%) — You used to game a lot, but you got older and life happened, so you get your kicks from watching esports and people play other games.
- The Time Filler (27%) — You play games to pass the time, when you have time, and you rarely touch a PC game.

Which one best describes you?

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 15:22.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:06 Kxmode

Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 14:07 Beamer

And here we go....

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 14:04 DarkV

Blue wrote on May 15, 2019, 12:45:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2019, 11:46:
Which top talent free agent wants to play for the Knicks, though?

By many accounts, Irving and Durant.

Kellerman
Stephen A.

Blue, as I told the kids....it might be a blessing in disguise getting the #3 spot after all the draft day talk of the Knicks trading the #1 pick (Zion), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith, Ntilikina, and future 1 rounders for Anthony Davis if they won the draft lottery.

Blue, as I told the kids....it might be a blessing in disguise getting the #3 spot after all the draft day talk of the Knicks trading the #1 pick (Zion), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith, Ntilikina, and future 1 rounders for Anthony Davis if they won the draft lottery.
The Knicks

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo