Galactic Civilizations III
was first released on May 14, 2015, and
Stardock celebrates its fourth birthday with the release of a new version 3.7
Anniversary Update as well as a sale on the 4X space strategy sequel.
has all the details on the patch, which is inspired by fan
feedback, as well as the sale, which offers the chance to pick up the Core
Edition for 85% off or the Gold Edition for 70% off. Here's the overview: "For
the game's 4th anniversary, we've focused exclusively on a top-to-bottom series
of improvements based on fan requests! These improvements are major quality of
life changes that improve the overall experience of Galactic Civilizations III.
v3.7 improves ship AI, multiplayer performance, memory use, pathfinding
performance, pacing, and the empire management UI, as well as addresses a host
of minor bugs. It's available now as a free download for owners of the base
game." Here's the change log for the patch:
- Ships are more likely to use hyperlanes
- AI handles ships more intelligently on larger
galaxies in terms of evaluating their target value.
- AI handles building up new colonies better later
in the game
- The AI no longer uses the Government as
"explorers." (aka fodder)
- Colony Capital now gives +1 raw production for
every level it goes up.
- Reduced thruster hull mass modifiers to 0.05% from
25% in both Crusade and the Base game
- Fix some balance issues with weapons and growth
improvements reported on the steam forums:
Re-Enabled the Fusion Power Plant, but nerfed it to work better as a prereq
to the Quantum Power plant.
- Fix mismatched description and value on Precursor
Factory world for Morale value. Changed both to 4 from 10, make sure it is
- Synthetic races can build the Advanced Planet
Capital and Terraforming improvements.
- Yor Manufacturing: Increased manufacturing bonus
- Yor Manufacturing: Level one adjacency value is
now a multiplier ( for consistency with subsequent upgrades).
- Synthetics can properly colonize extreme worlds.
- Tweaked the leader-game-intro screen and economy
- Ship designs that use components removed in
Retribution can now be loaded again in Retribution. The old deprecated
components are simply ignored.
- Extreme world colony mercenary ships can now
actually colonize extreme worlds if Crusade is installed.
- Fixed a typo on the Quantum Power Plant
- Updated the game startup window to work with
- Show Morale on the Planet List Entry Window
- Changed Copy, Edit, and Delete buttons on the
Civilization Setup Window to be icons instead of buttons.
- Fixed typo in warning message if you stacked
multiple Commanders in a fleet.
- Changed "Class" to "Role" label on the Fleet tool
- Changed "Type" to "Role" label in the Fleet
- Flavor text (English only) tweaks to planet
- Grammar cleanup on the Korath.