Does anyone know if they ever fixed public matchmaking? The last few times I tried to play followed the same pattern
- wait for the game to load (because I feel like playing Dustbowl)
- wait for the server list to load
- click to join a server and wait to load
- finally load into the match
- select a class
- within the first spawn hear the end of match notification
- back to loading screen
- server changes map
- back to main menu (because all I wanted was a run through Dustbowl)
I've literally had that process happen three times in a row before the last time I deleted the game. After a solid 30 minutes of load screens I'd managed maybe a whole 30 seconds of in-game action in the maps I actually wanted to play.
Has Valve even managed to get remaining match time to display when populating the server list? Maybe show the amount of details they used to before the MvM / Menu update? It seems like the easiest ways to avoid that kind of load screen frustration. Last time I tried you couldn't even find out if a server was a 24/7 single map or a rotation without loading it up.
I don't want to bother reinstalling unless I know I can actually get into the matches I'm looking for. Yes I know it's infested with bots but as long as there's no spinhack brat I can deal with it.