Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?

DSOGaming reports that Nan Ma's LinkedIn profile contained a reference to a PC edition of Red Dead Redemption 2 from his time as a physics programmer at Rockstar Games Toronto. They have an image showing "Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, XB1, PC)" under the heading "titles worked on." They express their opinion that a PC version of the western shooter is a certainty, though it seems plausible the platform listings were just a copy/paste error from his mention of Grand Theft Auto V. On the other hand, it seems intriguing that this mention of RDR2 now seems to be removed altogether, rather than just edited.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 18:15 shitty

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. i nearly bought an xbox and 4k tv just for rdr2, but i'm still holdin out for pc :/  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 15:20 jdreyer

Dacron wrote on May 13, 2019, 14:33:
Prez wrote on May 13, 2019, 09:41:
So no RDR1 on PC? Is there a continuation of a story in RDR2? Or is it completely new for the sequel?

You can play it on PC via playstation now. I think there might be a free trial for it too.

Yeah, that's a streaming service, so only if you live in a major market.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 14:33 Dacron

So no RDR1 on PC? Is there a continuation of a story in RDR2? Or is it completely new for the sequel?

You can play it on PC via playstation now. I think there might be a free trial for it too.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

22. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 10:10 mch

RDR2 is a prequel, actually. There's definitely some tie-in, but I think it stands on it's own to a certain extent.

21. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 09:41 Prez

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 09:31 RedEye9

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2019, 04:02:
Darks wrote on May 12, 2019, 15:50:
I dont understand why this has to be some big secret, if it is then say so, if not then say so. But stop all this cloak and dagger stuff.
To not cannibalize console sales, that's sadly all that is.
eggszactly
And like jdreyer said .. Marketing

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 04:02 eRe4s3r

I dont understand why this has to be some big ass secret, if it is then say so, if not then fucking say so. But stop all this cloak and dagger bullshit.

To not cannibalize console sales, that's sadly all that is.

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 02:07 Slashman

Creston wrote on May 12, 2019, 19:05:
El Pit wrote on May 12, 2019, 16:14:
RDR2 will get released for PC about the same time as Star Citizen.

Haven't you heard? Star Citizen is already released. The Lord and Commander Chris Roberts has deemed the current version to offer "way more gameplay and content than any AAA title."

Anything they make now is just out of the kindness of Chris Roberts' magnificent heart.

As for RDR2 on the PC, whatever. Fuck you and your secretive bullshit, Rockstar.

Wait, he actually said that?

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 21:51 Cutter

Bill Borre wrote on May 12, 2019, 17:45:
Anybody here play both Red Dead and Activision's Gun? I'm not a fan of the western genre so I've never understood why Red Dead is so well-regarded and Gun was basically forgotten. What's the difference in how the games play?

I only vaguely remember Gun but remember RDR well. RDR was much superior graphics wise and it was a much, much larger open world. GTA in the wild west as it were.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

16. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 21:38 Steele Johnson

Letís hope so. I gave up on the ps4 version because I suck with the controller in a game like that. So frustrating! I just donít want to buy it twice at full price.  

15. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 20:05 Acleacius

Thankfully Take-Two Interactive makes the decisions not rockstar and they don't do consoles only, afaik.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

14. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 19:35 jdreyer

Frijoles wrote on May 12, 2019, 17:31:
Cutter wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:13:
After the cash cow on PC that is GTA no way Rockstar is going to make the mistake of passing up that sort of money again. Oh, it's coming alright.

Big question is whether is going to be an exclusive to certain stores for a year.

Not even Epic has that much cash.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 19:34 jdreyer

I dont understand why this has to be some big ass secret, if it is then say so, if not then fucking say so. But stop all this cloak and dagger bullshit.

"Marketing"

12. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 19:33 jdreyer

After the cash cow on PC that is GTA no way Rockstar is going to make the mistake of passing up that sort of money again. Oh, it's coming alright.

Yup, they'd be stupid not to.

11. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 19:05 Creston

El Pit wrote on May 12, 2019, 16:14:
RDR2 will get released for PC about the same time as Star Citizen.

Haven't you heard? Star Citizen is already released. The Lord and Commander Chris Roberts has deemed the current version to offer "way more gameplay and content than any AAA title."

Anything they make now is just out of the kindness of Chris Roberts' magnificent heart.

As for RDR2 on the PC, whatever. Fuck you and your secretive bullshit, Rockstar.

10. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 18:08 Cutter

Frijoles wrote on May 12, 2019, 17:31:

Big question is whether is going to be an exclusive to certain stores for a year.

Not a snowball's chance in Hell! Unless Epic is willing to pony up a billion bucks or so. Rockstar stands to make the most money by selling it everywhere. A couple points on the cut isn't going to phase them.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

9. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 17:45 Bill Borre

Anybody here play both Red Dead and Activision's Gun? I'm not a fan of the western genre so I've never understood why Red Dead is so well-regarded and Gun was basically forgotten. What's the difference in how the games play?  

8. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 17:33 [VG]Reagle

Epic games has Red Dead as an exclusive.  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

7. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 17:31 Frijoles

6. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 12, 2019, 16:22 Rhett

I assume to maximize profits from people with both a console and a PC. Same thing happened with GTA 5, and probably GTA 4, if I remember correctly. I know I personally got two different copies (but never again!).

Plus, they probably really don't want people modding in free money for other people online. But the grind is/was so bad that it was basically mandatory to enjoy the online portion IMO. And their Shark Card prices were absolutely stupid. They've turned completely money-hungry.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo