Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned

A post on Reddit has some information from Respawn's community manager on improvements for Apex Legends they're working on for their next patch (thanks Polygon). This outlines plans to address a few bugs, including hit registration issues, the fortified bug introduced in their last balance update, how some matches start in slow motion, audio bugs, and more. There is also a discussion of what they call "piggy-backing," where a player will be essentially carried to victory by their squad despite not actually participating in the battles. They say this behavior will now result in bans, and in extreme cases, these bans will be permanent:

Piggy-backing is when a player drafts off other players in the squad to carry them to a good position and level up faster but doesn't actually participate in the match [meaning they never collect a weapon, fire a shot, donít deal any damage, etc]

We had been seeing some feedback from players around this and have been doing some internal investigations looking at game data to understand how many of the matches being played are affected by this behavior.

After looking at the data and internal discussions, weíve decided that in the future weíll start instituting temp bans for players that exhibit piggy-backing behavior and extreme cases could lead to a permanent ban. This change will not be immediate but wanted to give a heads up to players so you can adjust that behavior.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 22:36 jdreyer

jamiedj99 wrote on May 12, 2019, 22:01:
so you get paired with ninja you kinda suck but he carries you to a win. Your reward for this experience is a permaban from EA sounds like some Fucking idiots are still running EA
Congratulations. You didn't even read past the headline.

Piggy-backing is when a player drafts off other players in the squad to carry them to a good position and level up faster but doesn't actually participate in the match [meaning they never collect a weapon, fire a shot, donít deal any damage, etc]

They log into a match, go do something else for 15m, log into another match, etc. gaining experience without playing.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 22:01 jamiedj99

so you get paired with ninja you kinda suck but he carries you to a win. Your reward for this experience is a permaban from EA sounds like some Fucking idiots are still running EA  

6. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 20:29 theglaze

RedEye9 wrote on May 12, 2019, 19:57:
What's a conscientious objector to do.

Iíve got a few wins via a squad that carried the victory. Barely able to do dmg while my teams add up to +15 frags... its hard to tell if they are cheating, but they b-line for every target. Itís bit my fault, Iím trying to keep up.

I want a proper teammate review process, which doesnít exist...

5. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 19:57 RedEye9

What's a conscientious objector to do.  

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 16:47 Rhett

Good. I hate this shit. It's extremely prevalent in Fortnite's PVE mode too (I know, unrelated game), but nothing seems to get done about it.  

3. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 15:55 Wallshadows

These guys get it.  

2. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 15:22 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:14:
Good for them. That was always the most irritating thing in team based FPS' - besides teh haxxors obviously.

Agreed. it's what's mostly killed my interest in Fortnite STW. Even WHEN I could manage to get in a full group for a higher level mission, at least one, if not ALL THREE of the other players would stand at the spawn spot doing nothing. Now if even one player stands still the entire time before the objective starts, I blatantly sabotage the mission and leave.

1. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 14:14 Cutter

Good for them. That was always the most irritating thing in team based FPS' - besides teh haxxors obviously.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo