%EXTRAHEADER% RAGE 2 Roadmap - Blue's Test Comments

Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
[Blammo! - an error occurred while processing this directive: Unable to open /data/www/bluesnews.com/inserts/bluesCollapseButton.html : No such file or directory]
[Blammo! - an error occurred while processing this directive: Unable to open /data/www/bluesnews.com/inserts/bluesCollapse.shtml : No such file or directory]
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

RAGE 2 Roadmap

Bethesda.net offers a 2019 roadmap for RAGE 2, outlining the support we can expect from the first-person shooter sequel following its release on Tuesday (thanks Engadget via RedEye9). This kicks off with community challenges that will run throughout this month that will reward players with free skins. This will be followed by a free update in June, another big free update in July, the first major expansion in August, and a second major expansion in November. Here's the plan:

JUNE
The first big game update arrives just a month after launch, with fresh community challenges, new Cheats, and a couple of pretty major events, including one that introduces a pilotable Mech as a new vehicle type and one that adds a massive new enemy to the wild world of RAGE 2. All that for free.

JULY
July marks another big free update for the game, with another new vehicle type and enemy joining the game. We’ll continue dropping new community challenges, skins and Cheats for everyone to enjoy.

AUGUST
In addition to a mountain of new events and other goodies, August brings RAGE 2’s first major expansion: Rise of the Ghosts. The Rise of the Ghosts expansion will add a brand-new storyline and region to explore, as well as new weapons, abilities and vehicles. See what the Ghosts have been up to since you last saw them in the first RAGE in Rise of the Ghosts.

SEPTEMBER – DECEMBER
There’s plenty more coming to round out 2019, including the second major expansion coming in November. We’ll have more details soon, so keep an eye on Twitter for the latest info.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 13, 2019, 18:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, basically they're telling me to wait until January or so to bother buying this. Thanks, Bethesda!

Plenty of other games to play in the meantime, seriously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 22:49 jacobvandy

Yeah... I'm pretty sure they've used roadmaps all this time. Update-hungry gamers demanding to see it so they can know what will be added and when post-launch is new.  

14. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 22:41 jdreyer

Creston wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:37:
A roadmap is apparently the new thing in gaming.

It's essential in software development. The best software is designed iteratively, and a roadmap is a critical part of that.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 22:39 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2019, 13:43:
Ah. Another games as a service piecemeal release. How nice...

Nope.

-> GOTY, xmas sale 2020 (maybe), nuff said.

I dunno, Borderlands does the DLC thing, but the base game has so much game play that it's worth full price. Each DLC offers as much game play as a lot of single player games.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 21:34 The Half Elf

This would be a day one purchase if it had co-op. I had a ton of fun with Far Cry 5, and this looks to be more in the same vein but for full price I want co-op

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 20:09 JediPunisher

"The first big game update patch arrives just a month after launch,"
"July marks another big free update patch for the game,"
-fixed

10. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 19:19 Overon

Is this the "live services" bullshit roadmap? I have lower hopes about how this shit will microtransaction heavy.  

9. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 19:19 Angrius Maximis

Oh look...games as service....AGAIN....now I will not be buying this at launch  

8. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 17:19 MeanJim

So basically June is the Early Access release.  

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 16:14 Acleacius

Glad waited to see what they are hiding from us at release, like this and denuvo.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 15:53 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:37:

It's not an inherently evil scheme since it can definitely serve a purpose providing it's not acting as life-support for a game which is dead on arrival. It would be especially nice if those expansions are actual expansions rather than tacked on DLC which can be finished within an hour but I won't hold my breath.

5. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 15:40 aka_STEVE

in 3 months having a 'major expansion' seems to obvious that it was cut content but the game still seems like it's going to be balls out awesomeness ...
* keeping fingers crossed *

4. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 14:37 Creston

3. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 14:08 eRe4s3r

As much as Rage 2 kinda has some hype for me, seeing they plan to add things means to me, I will wait till they added those things. Another game as a service attempt and I won't be part of THAT ride.  

2. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 14:03 WaltC

CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2019, 13:43:

Nope.

Yep, December sounds about right--if ever.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

1. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 13:43 CJ_Parker

Nope.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >