Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

SIGIL Delayed Again

The first week of May has come and gone, so SIGIL has missed the most recent release window for this new DOOM episode from Romero Games. Similar to the prior delays to this megawad for the seminal shooter, this setback is attributed to problems creating the physical rewards and discs for paying customers. Word is the programming part of this is otherwise complete. Here's a string of tweets on the topic from The Romero:

Update on SIGIL: SIGIL has been done for quite a while at this point. There were two production issues at Limited Run -- the head and the disk. The head is now heading through production.

All units are crafted and finished by an individual artist. The second is the disk which is expected in shortly. There was *also* an issue with that.

These are beyond the control of Romero Games, and we desperately wish that we could release it right now. We regret the delay, and have expressed your frustration to Limited Run.

We have also asked them to regularly update people who have purchased the game as this is also beyond the control of Romero Games. They have that list.

We’re sorry. We want SIGIL in your hands more than you know. We have to wait until Beast Box players get it before we release the free version.

For their part, Limited Run isn’t happy with the delays either, and looks forward to releasing the game.

The Limited Run team has been doing everything it can to resolve the delays and are as frustrated as we are. We all want the game in our hands.

The delays are due to making these items higher quality, because we and Limited Run believe you deserve the best possible product. They could have accepted earlier revisions and shipped an inferior product, but we both believe that you deserve better.

Limited Run will be in contact with an email update soon - until then, thanks for your patience!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 14:04 Overon

Never heard of SIGIL before.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 12:36 [VG]Reagle

Guess he made us his bitch again??!?  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

6. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 11:44 El Pit

Due to lack of experience with this "Doom" engine and the high tech knowledge demands when dealing with it, it is almost impossible to release some new maps for Doom.

Said noone ever in the last 20 years or so.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode May 12, 2019, 06:55 Kajetan

SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2019, 23:24:
Would you please stop thinking about SIGIL?

Thank you!

4. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 06:36 RedEye9

"The delays are not my fault bitches" said Romero.  

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

3. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 03:38 Nucas

romero seems like a chill dude and a really good mapper/designer. it has to burn wanting to nail your first commercial release in ages and getting it fucked up by your third party repeatedly.

i liked daikatana.

2. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 02:09 Teal'c SG:1

Yea nothing like redoing that game you worked on 20 years ago, and got the toss on.

1. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 11, 2019, 23:24 SirKnight

This is so weird. The last delay, the day before I was thinking about SIGIL and said to myself that I need to go see if it's been released or any info about it. Then that next day it was delayed. And what do you know, it happened again! I thought about SIGIL yesterday (for the first time since the last delay) after watching a review on a mega wad and was going to look into any news about it. Now here we are the next day and it's in the news about another delay.

Strange.

I do really look forward to it though. I watched some of a stream Romero did I guess months ago where he played through it, or some of it. Looks really good from what I've seen!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo