Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Metaverse -Firefox May 11, 2019, 12:21 wtf_man

Jonjonz wrote on May 11, 2019, 06:41:
One of the man reasons Firefox comes in a poor second to Chrome is they have a long history of breaking add-ins that people depend on, and they show no indication of ever putting add-in longevity as a priority.

Great example of a tech product where the direction is set to make the devs lives easyer, so much of their PR blather in recent years is all about streamlining development over actual product value to the consumer.

Everything going Chromium ain't a good idea either... even the alleged "de-googled" versions (which most aren't entirely) out there.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Metaverse -Firefox May 11, 2019, 06:41 Jonjonz

One of the man reasons Firefox comes in a poor second to Chrome is they have a long history of breaking add-ins that people depend on, and they show no indication of ever putting add-in longevity as a priority.

Great example of a tech product where the direction is set to make the devs lives easyer, so much of their PR blather in recent years is all about streamlining development over actual product value to the consumer.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2019, 17:09 RedEye9

The Mozilla post-mortem is a good read.
Their team did an awesome job considering the circumstances.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2019, 13:52 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2019, 11:06:
I agree that these companies don't need to be broken up. We just need actual laws that protect consumers and workers. The onus is on government. When they broke up Ma Bell in the 70s it did a world of good. The problem is they didn't stay broke up.

I've sent a few emails to our Privacy Commissioner complaining about various things only to receive back a standard form letter that says nothing when it should be saying, 'We'll get right on that and put a stop to it.' It's all just hot air and wasted tax dollars.

I agree that heavy regulation would do a world of good. Also, prohibiting corporations from funding political campaigns so they can't rig the law in their favor would also help.

Or we could just nationalize these companies, as you're fond of pointing out.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2019, 11:06 Cutter

I agree that these companies don't need to be broken up. We just need actual laws that protect consumers and workers. The onus is on government. When they broke up Ma Bell in the 70s it did a world of good. The problem is they didn't stay broke up.

I've sent a few emails to our Privacy Commissioner complaining about various things only to receive back a standard form letter that says nothing when it should be saying, 'We'll get right on that and put a stop to it.' It's all just hot air and wasted tax dollars.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo