Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2

In a post on Reddit, a Bethesda Softworks community manager confirms that the BFG will launch as a premium item in RAGE 2, and at first will only be available in the special editions of the first-person shooter sequel (thanks DSOGaming). Word is:

Hey folks, I wanted to issue a correction about the BFG: at launch, the BFG will only be available as a premium item in the Deluxe and Collector's Editions.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 14:29 CJ_Parker

Hoop wrote on May 9, 2019, 05:02:
dajunka wrote on May 9, 2019, 02:51:
Another disgusting act by the gaming industry. I often wonder how low they will go, when will they get around to selling their own grandmothers?

Bought three last year 40% off, no regrets Mavis makes a mean as omelet.

Weren't they a little dry though? That must be some pretty expensive maintenance in the long run when you have to buy lube for three.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 13:59 RedEye9

El Pit wrote on May 9, 2019, 02:20:
Buy
Friggin'
Guns
!
noice

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

17. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 12:09 Darks

Carcifier wrote on May 8, 2019, 19:07:
Well, I was looking forward to Rage 2. I liked the first game. However, I do not support games that are pay to win or anything like that. If they are going to require "premiums" be paid for weapons, they will be NOT be receiving money from me. Shame.

I do not pay for pre-orders, early-access or any other bullshit that makes these things progress to the state of gaming we have today...where you can't even buy a complete game for 60 bucks. [EA Anthem]

Same here, already got my refund back. I was really looking forward to this game too. but Fuck Bethesda, I know the gum was locked behind those two version, but it was also said that the gun could be unlocked later in the game I was fine with that.

Up until that Reddit post that killed off the hope that it would be. So yea, fuck Bethesda, I refunded the game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 08:56 Beamer

Razumen wrote on May 8, 2019, 22:26:
Grokk wrote on May 8, 2019, 21:43:
This is just downright greed on their behalf.

The BFG is such an iconic weapon and they know it, so they decide to hold it for ransom against a higher priced pack.

Fuck that.

The BFG isn't even a weapon from Rage, it's a bonus weapon from DOOM. More nonsense for people to get outraged about.

Yeah, other games do this, too - put in an overpowered weapon that doesn't belong and frankly ruins the difficulty curve as a pre-order bonus. The weapon always sounds cool but never really ends up being fun, as it's non-essential and just there to be something people spend up for. It's not balanced, often doesn't fit the world or lore, etc. Often it's just a reskin of another weapon, without even tweaks.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 07:35 El Pit

Hoop wrote on May 9, 2019, 05:02:
Another disgusting act by the gaming industry. I often wonder how low they will go, when will they get around to selling their own grandmothers?

From the Epic store, I guess? Chinese versions?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

14. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 05:02 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

13. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 02:51 dajunka

12. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 02:20 El Pit

Buy
Friggin'
Guns
!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

11. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 01:07 Hoop

I pre-ordered this a couple of days ago from Greenman all the extra content was spelled out so I guess this public announcement is for those that can't read.
Deluxe edition is the only way to go, 20% off when I ordered.

Um .. Behind you...

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 9, 2019, 01:06 JTW

Eh, the BFG is usually good for a laugh, but not much fun after that, and they usually give it very, very limited ammo. It isn't so much a gameplay element as it is a brief gimmick.

IE - no great loss.

Not that I was all that excited anyway. Rage 1 was a slog.

9. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 9, 2019, 00:24 TheVocalMinority

Evil Timmy wrote on May 8, 2019, 20:31:
Bastard For Gamers
Buy Following GotY
Business Friendly Gamble
Bethesda's Fucking Greed
Bad Fan Gyp
Bogus Feeling Gimmick

Haha I was thinking Bethesda Fuck-you Gun

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn

8. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 22:49 jdreyer

Carcifier wrote on May 8, 2019, 19:07:
Well, I was looking forward to Rage 2. I liked the first game. However, I do not support games that are pay to win or anything like that. If they are going to require "premiums" be paid for weapons, they will be NOT be receiving money from me. Shame.

I do not pay for pre-orders, early-access or any other bullshit that makes these things progress to the state of gaming we have today...where you can't even buy a complete game for 60 bucks. [EA Anthem]
It's a single player game. How is this pay to win?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 22:45 Shok

Razumen wrote on May 8, 2019, 22:26:

The BFG is such an iconic weapon and they know it, so they decide to hold it for ransom against a higher priced pack.

Fuck that.

The BFG isn't even a weapon from Rage, it's a bonus weapon from DOOM. More nonsense for people to get outraged about.

I know, right? Wtf people, take your pitchforks out for that Ajit Pai fucker or something not this silly item.

6. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 22:26 Razumen

Fuck that.

5. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 21:43 Grokk

Fuck that.

4. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 20:56 RedEye9

I'm just gonna pre-order this one game and I'll never do it again. Paranoid

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

3. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 20:31 Evil Timmy

Bastard For Gamers
Buy Following GotY
Business Friendly Gamble
Bethesda's Fucking Greed
Bad Fan Gyp
Bogus Feeling Gimmick

2. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:31 Leper

I wasn't really planning on buying this game at launch and this confirms that. Better to wait a few months and get this for half price. Hopefully the BFG and everything else locked out at launch will be unlocked by then.  

1. Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:07 Carcifier

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo