Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Well, the Giants got their quarterback in the first round of the NFL draft last night. This was my expressed hope, which reinforces the old warning to be careful what you wish for. After preaching the "best player available" mantra, they made the biggest reach in the draft, taking Duke's Daniel Jones sixth overall. It appears no one but the Giants thought this was the move, as they passed on couple of top-rated defenders and a much-higher rated passer to make it. On the other hand, Tom Brady was a sixth-round pick, so the experts can be spectacularly wrong at times, so I'll just hope this is one of them. It seems quite striking that they selected a player who seems almost identical to Eli Manning both physically, and in makeup. Anyway, I'll certainly be very happy if I can look back on this draft some day and laugh at how wrong we all were about this pick. Here's some odd related trivia: This is the third year in a row that the Giants drafted the QB who was the MVP in the Senior Bowl.

Duke Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Pretzel Day 2019: Where to Get Freebies and Deals, Pretzelmaker, Wetzel's Pretzels, Philly Pretzel Factory.
"Avengers: Endgame" Box Office Preps for Record $850M-$900M Global Bow.
Opioid Epidemic: One West Virginia Doctor’s Redemption. Thanks RedEye9.
Science: Ice-proof coating for big structures relies on a 'beautiful demonstration of mechanics'. Thanks RedEye9.
One Step Closer to Artificial Lymph Nodes. Thanks Max.
New type of plastic is a recycling dream.
Media: Dark matter detector observes rarest event ever recorded. Thanks Max.
This Is the First-Ever Simulation of an Entire Gene.
Hubblecast 120 Light: Continued Discrepancy in the Universe's Expansion Rate. Thanks RedEye9.
The Funnies: Adult Children.
Laundry Basket.

View
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2019, 09:47 PHJF

Oh man, I can get a free pretzel on Thursday, April 26th?!?

2029 can not come soon enough!

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Apr 26, 09:47 Re: Out of the Blue PHJF
  4. Apr 26, 10:38  Re: Out of the Blue Beamer
  2. Apr 26, 10:01 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
  7. Apr 26, 12:37  Re: Out of the Blue theglaze
  3. Apr 26, 10:20 Re: Out of the Blue JoeNapalm
  5. Apr 26, 11:18 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  6. Apr 26, 11:35  Re: Out of the Blue MoreLuckThanSkill
  8. Apr 26, 14:35 Re: Out of the Blue jonbly