Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released

Ubisoft now offers Fields of Elysium, the first episode The Fate of Atlantis, the second post-launch story arc of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, adding to the ever-more complex cascade of content for the sequel. Word is: "Throughout Fields of Elysium, players will continue their odyssey in the Greek afterlife to uncover the great mysteries within the ancient realms of the gods." This post covers the news, and offers this launch trailer from last week. Here's a futile attempt to simplify the release news and where it fits with their DLC roadmap:
Fields of Elysium introduces players to the paradise of Elysium, an otherworldly realm of luscious growth and no conflict, ruled by the goddess Persephone. As the story unfolds, players uncover its sinister secrets while trying to unlock the power of the Staff of Hermes to find a way out of Elysium. Helping Hermes, Persephone's friend Hekate as well as the human Adonis, players uncover the true nature of Elysium as it inevitably descends into civil war.

Each of the three episodes of The Fate of Atlantis will introduce new ability enhancements related to the three branches of the skill tree – Hunter, Warrior and Assassin. In this first episode, players will discover four new ability enhancements, including:

• Ares Bull Charge is part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree, and will summon a projectile that takes the form of a bull charging forward. The projectile knocks down any enemy it hits and pierces though them.
  • Ares Madness, also part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree, will allow players to have a new fighting set that overpowers their enemies for a short period of time.
  • Might of Artemis is part of the Hunter branch of the skill tree. Enemies, when hit by the stun, automatically take critical damage from any subsequent melee attack for the duration of the stun.
  • Kronos Time Warp is part of the Assassin branch of the skill tree. This ability will grant each head shot additional slowdown time and higher damage, which is perfect for fighting enemies.

In order to play Fields of Elysium, players will have two different options:

• Following the main game, players will have to complete the questline Between Two Worlds, the mythological main game story arc, and Heir of Memories, the Lost Tales of Greece questline that is available after completing the former questline. Finally, they must have reached character level 28 or above.
  • Otherwise, players will be able to use a shortcut created specifically for those who would like to play The Fate of Atlantis and who do not fulfill all the above conditions. Thanks to this shortcut, players will enter Greece level 52 with preset abilities and resources enabling them to start their adventure into the afterlife with the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories. They will also have the opportunity to choose their hero. However, contrary to the previous option, player progression using the shortcut will not carry over to the main game save, and they will not be able to obtain achievements.

View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released
Apr 24, 2019, 23:31
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 24, 2019, 23:31
Apr 24, 2019, 23:31

Red886 wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 09:38:
looks lame.

still can't believe that so many critics praise Odyssey when it is just a copy and paste from Origins

Not true at all. Origins was a step in the right direction. Odyssey is the result of what players liked and disliked about Origins. That's how all devs should make their games, IMO.

Apr 24, 2019, 09:38
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 24, 2019, 09:38

looks lame.

still can't believe that so many critics praise Odyssey when it is just a copy and paste from Origins

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 24, 2019, 09:38

Eh, I figured most regulars know my posting style and "I got you fam" is not a phrase I would normally type.

Ah well, it cratered. C'est la vie.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Apr 24, 2019, 07:29
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 24, 2019, 07:29
Apr 24, 2019, 07:29

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 05:57:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 21:16:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 20:58:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 19:23:
I can't be the only nerd miffed at the usage of "The Fate of Atlantis"

There's already a game called that, and it's one of the best of all time.

I got you, fam. It is on of the best of all time but drippy nosed, punk ass kids only know Regurgitated AAA Title #97223 these days.

Some are like that sure. And some were like that in our time as well.
But to paint them all that way is a disservice to the culture.
I'd wager that there are more kids interested in indie, experimental, uh otherwise non-AAA titles than there were previously.

Also... Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis was definitely a AAA mainstream title when it was released.

There was more than a little satirical "old man yells at cloud" in my post, Sepharo.

Went over my head, too. Many here make that exact post, unironically, several times a week.

Apr 24, 2019, 05:57
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 24, 2019, 05:57
Apr 24, 2019, 05:57

Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 21:16:

I got you, fam. It is on of the best of all time but drippy nosed, punk ass kids only know Regurgitated AAA Title #97223 these days.

I'd wager that there are more kids interested in indie, experimental, uh otherwise non-AAA titles than there were previously.

Also... Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis was definitely a AAA mainstream title when it was released.

There was more than a little satirical "old man yells at cloud" in my post, Sepharo.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Apr 23, 2019, 21:16
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 21:16
Apr 23, 2019, 21:16

Apr 23, 2019, 20:58
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 20:58
Apr 23, 2019, 20:58

Apr 23, 2019, 19:23
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 19:23
Apr 23, 2019, 19:23

Apr 23, 2019, 18:46
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 18:46
Apr 23, 2019, 18:46

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 15:07:
This game & AC:Origins were spectacular...

You’ve got that right. I stopped playing AC games after 3 because it was too much the same ol’. But took a chance on AC Odyssey and I’m glad I did! Aside from really digging the ancient Greece theme, the new RPG-esque features really gives you a better sense of progression than the older games in the series. And while the combat still isn’t my favorite style (spam & roll), the stealth approach is just way better and satisfying anyway. I also love the tension when a merc is hunting you down. They always find me when I’m plotting out a stealth attack! It makes it really exciting!

Apr 23, 2019, 18:16
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 18:16
Apr 23, 2019, 18:16

I haven't played Origins, but I loved the majority of my time with AC:Odyssey. I feel bad that it was free... (Project Stream)

I definitely would have felt it to be worth the money. May need to get into Origins...

Apr 23, 2019, 17:14
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 17:14
Apr 23, 2019, 17:14

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 15:07:

The Hidden Ones DLC wasn't so great, but Curse of the Pharoahs has been excellent so far, and I really like the imaginative twists they gave it. It's reminiscent of Witcher 3 Blood and Wine creativity.

Honestly surprised at myself, I think my total play time is around 110 hours in AC Origins, although maybe 10 hours of that is Discovery Tour and random play testing/benchmarking. I figured I'd get 60 hours of it and call it quits, but there's quite a lot to do. Sadly the core gameplay loop is getting stale so I think I'm going to skip AC Odyssey.

Apr 23, 2019, 15:07
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 15:07
Apr 23, 2019, 15:07

Apr 23, 2019, 13:46
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium Released Apr 23, 2019, 13:46
Apr 23, 2019, 13:46

Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be....
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake." - Henny Youngman
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older