Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement

Publisher TopWare Interactive and developer Reality Pump Studios officially announce Shattered Embrace, a final expansion for Two Worlds II that's expected in Q3 of this year. This was actually first mentioned three years ago with the announcement of Two Worlds III. Word is this conclusion to the game will be available individually, as part of the season pass, or as part of a new standalone version. Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump Studios are thrilled to announce the epic conclusion to the Two Worlds II saga with this all new adventure, "Shattered Embrace", as DLC and as Stand Alone version, both set for release in Q3-2019!

A host of strange allies, vicious villains, savage beasts and a brand new, sprawling tropical island setting await you in this upcoming DLC that wraps up the events of Two Worlds II: Call Of The Tenebrae with an explosive finish!

Featuring over ten hours of gameplay, one hundred new weapons, fifteen new sets of armor, new guilds to join, destructive spells to cast and the ability to travel to new, never before seen dimensions, Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace brings this long running Two Worlds adventure to a close!

tw2_se_shot1.jpg - 555,532 bytes tw2_se_shot2.jpg - 465,400 bytes tw2_se_shot3.jpg - 465,921 bytes tw2_se_shot4.jpg - 552,954 bytes

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 21, 2019, 06:27 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 01:58:
LurkerLito wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 01:14:
I reinstalled it today and got pretty far finally lol. It's weird because at first I couldn't stand it like before because it kept making me nauseous every 30 or so minutes. That was just weird because 3rd person games almost never make me motion sick, so I looked up if there was a FOV fix and there was, but that made it worse. I noticed that the game stupidly does a left/right tilt then back to center after every camera move and that was the cause. So I found out there were console commands to stop it and I can now play the game without getting motion sick. I am pretty sure that was one of the main causes for me to stop playing this game. Well maybe now I'll try to finish it if I don't get bored of it.

Just in case anyone is interested the fix was simply:
  • Go to the install directory

• make a directory called "parameters" without the quotes

• make a text file called "autoexecGame2.con"

• edit the file in notepad and add the following lines:

engine.FOV 90
    cam.bank.move 0
    cam.bank.rotate 0

• and that should do it. Change the FOV to whatever you want.

Didn't this game have a fucked up fps cap?

Edit: oh wait I'm confused with the game where you can turn into a dragon, sometimes.

Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga

By the way, also add

Engine.HDR 0
    Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0
    Engine.MBlurScale 1
    engine.bloommultiplier 0
    engine.edgeaablend 0
    engine.usedof 0
    engine.mblurintensity 0
    graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 21, 2019, 01:58 Quinn

LurkerLito wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 01:14:
    I reinstalled it today and got pretty far finally lol. It's weird because at first I couldn't stand it like before because it kept making me nauseous every 30 or so minutes. That was just weird because 3rd person games almost never make me motion sick, so I looked up if there was a FOV fix and there was, but that made it worse. I noticed that the game stupidly does a left/right tilt then back to center after every camera move and that was the cause. So I found out there were console commands to stop it and I can now play the game without getting motion sick. I am pretty sure that was one of the main causes for me to stop playing this game. Well maybe now I'll try to finish it if I don't get bored of it.

engine.FOV 90
    cam.bank.move 0
    cam.bank.rotate 0

Didn't this game have a fucked up fps cap?

Edit: oh wait I'm confused with the game where you can turn into a dragon, sometimes.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

13. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 21, 2019, 01:14 LurkerLito

engine.FOV 90
    cam.bank.move 0
    cam.bank.rotate 0

12. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 19:51 eRe4s3r

No ones gonna mention it then? That last pic clearly shows Skaven And the rest of the pic shows clearly metal humans from Mars. Metal skin, clearly.  

11. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 14:57 Acleacius

It's only been 8 years and there's still no GotY edition.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. H

10. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 12:10 StingingVelvet

Saboth wrote on Apr 20, 2019, 07:31:
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled Two Worlds II probably 3-4 times. "This time, I'll beat it!" I'll play it for a while then get bored. The combat just feels weightless, like I'm fighting rag doll balloons, and it doesn't feel like anything I do matters.

If you never tried being a pure mage, give it a go. I remember that combat being fun, and the way you make spells with cards you have to find in the world was cool and encouraged exploration.

9. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 11:56  Frans 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 17:15:
    Is this part of the secret, behind the scenes shenanigans?
    Nope, those are way more <muffled voice>...

-- Frans

8. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 07:31 Saboth

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Two Worlds II probably 3-4 times. "This time, I'll beat it!" I'll play it for a while then get bored. The combat just feels weightless, like I'm fighting rag doll balloons, and it doesn't feel like anything I do matters.  

7. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 06:25 Jonjonz

I loved II and the spell system it had.

My only complaint was it was way too short.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
    Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

6. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 01:40 RedEye9

theglaze wrote on Apr 20, 2019, 01:28:
    Not gonna lie, I click on boobs.
    That a natural response.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 01:28 theglaze

Not gonna lie, I click on boobs.  

4. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 20, 2019, 00:42 StingingVelvet

I liked Two Worlds 2 way more than maybe I should have. It had a cool card collecting mechanic for spells that I really enjoyed, and mechanics wise it played fine. Felt more polished than your average Piranah Bytes game, unlike the original Two Worlds. I don't think I played the last super late DLC though... maybe both that and this at once would be worthwhile.  

3. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 19, 2019, 19:10 Dravnt

WaltC wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 18:45:
    I'm almost ashamed to admit I bought the TWII DLC, Call of the Tenebrae. The people who did TW1--well, some of them--are the ones who did this DLC for TWII--only problem is they merely used the TWII engine--as is--and they even had *three* voices for the main character that I heard--and one of the voice-overs consisted of just sound files cut & pasted straight from the TWII game! Like, "NNnnnnn-nnnnnah!" and "Heh! Hahahaha," etc. Aside from the main player character in the DLC, the rest of the voice overs were done by the *exact same people* who did the voice overs in TW1! Honestly, the DLC was "worth" maybe $1.99, and that's being charitable.

True, the $9.99 I paid didn't burst the bank...;)...and I don't like to criticize software unless I sincerely feel it deserves it and then I am somewhat merciless. I hate false advertising in computer hardware and software marketing--Been around the "I felt utterly misled block" several times myself before catching on. It's something we all go through, though--but if I can save someone else some money and needless angst--I'm there.

In all seriousness, CotTenebrae resembled nothing so much as a very amateurish mod when released--I've had much better mods for free--most people have. It's possible that this last bit of DLC will be much better than CoT--but somehow I doubt it. But I will enthusiastically eat my words if it is much better--I hope it is!

The reason that most people thought that TWII was better than TW1 had to do with the fact that an entirely different development team did TWII, new engine, etc.--and it shows. Now, I like TW1--I still run it @ 3840x2160 these days--and it has a lot of charm! It's a decent game--a collector's item. But TWII was better all the way around, I thought--production values, voice acting, the whole shebang. But as I mentioned, the TWII DLC CoT dropped those production values and dropped back to a level much worse than even TW1, imo.

So Caveat Emptor on this upcoming DLC. And of course, where TWIII might actually be is anyone's guess!

At least they're doing high fantasy the correct way and include female characters with bewb armor.

"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

2. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 19, 2019, 18:45 WaltC

I'm almost ashamed to admit I bought the TWII DLC, Call of the Tenebrae. The people who did TW1--well, some of them--are the ones who did this DLC for TWII--only problem is they merely used the TWII engine--as is--and they even had *three* voices for the main character that I heard--and one of the voice-overs consisted of just sound files cut & pasted straight from the TWII game! Like, "NNnnnnn-nnnnnah!" and "Heh! Hahahaha," etc. Aside from the main player character in the DLC, the rest of the voice overs were done by the *exact same people* who did the voice overs in TW1! Honestly, the DLC was "worth" maybe $1.99, and that's being charitable.

True, the $9.99 I paid didn't burst the bank...;)...and I don't like to criticize software unless I sincerely feel it deserves it and then I am somewhat merciless. I hate false advertising in computer hardware and software marketing--Been around the "I felt utterly misled block" several times myself before catching on. It's something we all go through, though--but if I can save someone else some money and needless angst--I'm there.

In all seriousness, CotTenebrae resembled nothing so much as a very amateurish mod when released--I've had much better mods for free--most people have. It's possible that this last bit of DLC will be much better than CoT--but somehow I doubt it. But I will enthusiastically eat my words if it is much better--I hope it is!

The reason that most people thought that TWII was better than TW1 had to do with the fact that an entirely different development team did TWII, new engine, etc.--and it shows. Now, I like TW1--I still run it @ 3840x2160 these days--and it has a lot of charm! It's a decent game--a collector's item. But TWII was better all the way around, I thought--production values, voice acting, the whole shebang. But as I mentioned, the TWII DLC CoT dropped those production values and dropped back to a level much worse than even TW1, imo.

So Caveat Emptor on this upcoming DLC. And of course, where TWIII might actually be is anyone's guess!

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

1. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Announcement Apr 19, 2019, 17:15 Burrito of Peace

Blue, are the images supposed to be there? Is this part of the secret, behind the scenes shenanigans?  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo