Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: etc. Apr 22, 2019, 21:04 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 16:06:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 14:40:
Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 10:38:
No, that's what it says about streaming and influencers and sheep that are easily led. I game all the time and I'm not engaged in any of that scheisse.

If people wanted to watch gameplay videos they could do that on Youtube. People watch people on Twitch because they like the host's personality or other "attributes". The game is irrelevant.

But there is a direct correlation between people watching on twitch and game sales. It's become the most important way to advertise games

You're not wrong. I was merely pointing out Cutter's surface-level knowledge of Twitch. Using words like "sheep that are easily led" is just plain wrong. People decide if they'll buy a game. Sure the streamer can influence that decision, but ultimately the person chooses to make a purchase.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2019, 16:06 Beamer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 19, 2019, 14:40:
No, that's what it says about streaming and influencers and sheep that are easily led. I game all the time and I'm not engaged in any of that scheisse.

If people wanted to watch gameplay videos they could do that on Youtube. People watch people on Twitch because they like the host's personality or other "attributes". The game is irrelevant.

But there is a direct correlation between people watching on twitch and game sales. It's become the most important way to advertise games

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2019, 14:40 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2019, 10:38 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo