Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Burnout Paradise Servers Closing

It's better to burnout, rust never sleeps! Criterion Games tweets that they are closing down their servers for Burnout Paradise on August 1st after over 11 years of service. They say this will not affect offline play and the Burnout Paradise Remastered servers will continue as before (thanks PCGamesN). Here's word:

Burnout Paradise fans, after over 11.5 years of service, the servers for the original 2008 game will be closing on August 1st 2019. That affects Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions. Offline play will still be available of course, and Burnout Paradise Remastered servers are unaffected.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 19, 2019, 00:26 Heltorne

Retired wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:53:
That sucks. It costs them nothing to run them. My son and I love the game. Anyone have something similar to drive around in?

Sadly I can't think of any other game like it except for obviously the remastered version, so weird that none of them are "open world" like this but definitely get the remastered version on origin, it's literally the same game and runs better with updates and the servers are still active.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 12:31 Jivaro

Loved the original and the remaster on Origin is a decent upgrade for the price. The game has aged tremendously well for a genre (arcade racer) that is historically not so good at aging.  

5. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 11:49 beigemore

I could never get into this game because of the open world.  

4. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 11:29 Acleacius

Doesn't look like Burnout Paradise Remastered is on Steam  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. H

3. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 11:02 Beamer

Retired wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:53:
That sucks. It costs them nothing to run them. My son and I love the game. Anyone have something similar to drive around in?

The Remastered version is similar

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 10:53 Retired

1. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 18, 2019, 10:30 HoSpanky

A *bit* of a bummer, but the remaster is everything the original was, plus the console DLC that the original never had. And it's cheap, $10 base price.

I haven't played BP for a long time. Forza Horizon picked up the slack, and does everything better except the crashes. Want incredible crashes? Wreckfest will feed that urge.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo