Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Anno 1800 Released

Anno 1800 is now available for Windows PCs, offering the latest installment in this long-running historical management series. This remains available through the Ubisoft Official Store and the Epic Games Store, and preorders on The Humble Store and Steam are being fulfilled as expected, though due to an exclusive deal with Epic, purchases are no longer possible on those sites as of today. They pat themselves on the back with this accolades trailer, and offer the following outline of the news:

Anno 1800 launches on PC today, giving you a chance to pursue your ambitions of growing a humble trading post into a bustling metropolis. The latest installment of the classic city-building franchise lets you put your skills as a ruler to the test by planning and expanding your settlement; developing lucrative supply chains and trade networks; and settling a new continent.

Regular free updates will expand the game with new features like a co-op mode, community challenges, and a Statistics Building that will offer players more information about their production chains and available output. Season Pass owners will also get to explore three major pieces of post-launch content over the course of 2019. Hunt for treasure with an eccentric inventor and his diving bell in The Sunken Treasure, which adds a new European "Old World" session and a large continental island to the game. Draw tourists to your city by developing a modular botanical garden in Botanica to earn new items and rewards. Build an Arctic outpost in The Passage and deveop new production chains to expand your empire even further.

The Anno community has played a key role in development of Anno 1800 through playtesting and feedback. You can connect with the community by joining the Anno Union, and learn more about the game on the official Anno 1800 website.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 17, 2019, 14:13 chickenboo

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 11:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 11:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 21:28:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 20:34:
He's talking about Monopoly money aka the Canadian Dollar.
Ouch, they're getting boned sans lube. https://steamdb.info/app/916440/

Steam reviews (or user reviews in general for this game) can't be taken seriously. On top of the usual anti-uPlay and anti-Denuvo votes you now also have a gazillion anti-Epic crybabies downvoting the game. Buncha whiny cunts.
I prefer review-bombed games, it's now my go-to metric.

no wonder devs/publishers like the EGS, with no built-in review functionality, all you have to go on if it's a good game or not is what the publishers wants to tell you - that and the pretty screenshots. it's like people in the film industry whining about rottentomatoes and how it's totally unfair that bad reviews warn people away from seeing their shitty film. with EGS, if you want to find critical perspectives on the game you have to go off-site or open your browser. they want you to just decide if you'll like the game based on their store page for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 17, 2019, 11:34 RedEye9

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 11:24:

Steam reviews (or user reviews in general for this game) can't be taken seriously. On top of the usual anti-uPlay and anti-Denuvo votes you now also have a gazillion anti-Epic crybabies downvoting the game. Buncha whiny cunts.
I prefer review-bombed games, it's now my go-to metric.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

15. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 17, 2019, 11:24 CJ_Parker

14. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 21:28 RedEye9

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

13. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 20:34 Burrito of Peace

saluk wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 17:27:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 13:13:
Liked the visuals but it still seemed rather buggy for a release this soon IMO. Regardless, it's not even close to warranting the $80 they're asking for it. I'm more than content to wait for time/patches/price drop.

$80? Are you talking about regional pricing?

12. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 18:38 Cutter

saluk wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 17:27:
Liked the visuals but it still seemed rather buggy for a release this soon IMO. Regardless, it's not even close to warranting the $80 they're asking for it. I'm more than content to wait for time/patches/price drop.

If someone is talking about a different price from what you're seeing it's a pretty safe assumption that's what they mean. Only other time it wouldn't is if a sale is being discussed.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

11. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 18:16 Osc8r

I gave this one a shot but it felt like it was just a checklist of things i had to do rather than being able to experiment and build a city of my own.

Each play-through felt very samey as well, and the naval combat but no land battles further inhibited replayability.

A weekend was more than enough for me, which is disappointing as there a distinct lack of city building games out there and even fewer that have multiplayer.

10. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 17:27 saluk

9. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 17:18 Slick

It's very addictive, as PC Gamer framed it: "It's one of those OH SHIT IT'S 2AM" Games. They also claim it's the best city builder since Cities: Skylines.

I don't know about that second part, it's very Anno. If you like the formula you'll enjoy it, but I don't feel like they really pushed the franchise in any new directions, it's basically a re-skin. Still, I like these games, and am happy to throw money at Ubi for publishing them.

As it's been said a thousand times, if you buy on Steam (and even Humble/Epic?) It still has to launch the Uplay launcher. So like, why even bother? One less actively running DRM, and more money goes directly to the people who built the game. Win-win?

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

8. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 17:07 opie

Honestly, other than graphics and the "new world" aspect, it is the same as their old game Dawn of Discovery -$15 for gold (https://store.steampowered.com/app/33210/Dawn_of_Discovery/)
even the same "game saved" voice. lol

I will not be buying Anno1800. however, I do still have the open beta running and I will be playing sandbox all week.

7. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 16:36 FloorPie

Never played the Anno games until the beta demo weekend. Looks like it has potential but I will probably wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC included.  

6. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 15:38 Citizen P

Rilcon wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 14:50:
You can buy it off Ubi's store, if Epic offends you so. It's not like Ubi games on Steam don't just launch Ubi's launcher on top.

Absolutely, and if this was a day 1 for me, I would do so. As it stands, my interest is subsided because, shady business is shady.

5. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 14:53 eRe4s3r

Gotta say this game becomes a lot more difficult than I figured if you push beyond tier 3... and also, the trade history is bugged ;(  

4. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 14:50 Rilcon

Citizen P wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 14:10:
I'll wait for the steam sale next year. Also Epic, stick that dirty Forenite money in my pocket and sell it at a discount then I'll buy from your store, not before.
You can buy it off Ubi's store, if Epic offends you so. It's not like Ubi games on Steam don't just launch Ubi's launcher on top.

3. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 14:10 Citizen P

I'll wait for the steam sale next year. Also Epic, stick that dirty Forenite money in my pocket and sell it at a discount then I'll buy from your store, not before.  

2. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 14:07 BIGtrouble77

I agree... I didn't get to take part in the beta, but it seemed like there's still some pretty bad performance issues based on youtube feedback. If I wasn't given a key I would probably be waiting too. If it's not in good shape, I might just wait a while and come back to it so I don't burn out on the bugs.

1. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 13:13 Cutter

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo