Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

I'm very excited at tonight's return of Game of Thrones. Even amid all the hype and click-bait GoT articles on the Internet the past few weeks it's still a little hard to believe we've finally made it to this point. And in spite of the advance notice of the truncated final season, it's even harder to accept that this will all be wrapped up in six weeks. It's a little weird that this is airing in the spring since the show is finally experiencing the winter that they've been going on about for seven seasons. On the other hand, next week is Easter Sunday (happy Palm Sunday to all who are celebrating), so is it weird that I'm wondering if we may see another "dead" character resurrected next week? Probably not, as that certainly could come off as too blasphemous, obvious, or cutesy, but still, you know, Lady Stoneheart? Naaah...

Game of Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: 'Game Of Thrones' Food And Drink To Get You Through The Premiere. Thanks Acleacius.
Stories: Rejoice book fans, George R. R. Martin has picked up speed on Winds of Winter.
Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say. And not in Florida!
Terry Gilliam’s Don Quixote film finally hits the big screen after 25 years.
Science: CBD Lures Stressed-Out Parents Looking to Unwind. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: James Corden Recap Rap GoT seasons 1-7.
Lawrence Dai binge watches 67 Episodes of GoT.
PUBG in 1991.
The Funnies: A Song of Mints and Fire - FoxTrot.
Asok Tries To Fax - Dilbert.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 15:57 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 09:37:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 23:58:
Not really understanding all of the GoT love. The first few seasons were amazing but season 7 was appallingly bad and I don't think there is any reason to believe the next one will be any better.
That's what happens when they are out of source material. It's gone full blown made for tv drama.
George R.R. Martin is rolling over in his lazy boy.

GRRM: "What? Huh?"

*Goes back to playing Civ*

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 09:37 RedEye9

Not really understanding all of the GoT love. The first few seasons were amazing but season 7 was appallingly bad and I don't think there is any reason to believe the next one will be any better.
That's what happens when they are out of source material. It's gone full blown made for tv drama.
George R.R. Martin is rolling over in his lazy boy.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 00:44 Kxmode

Your name is absolutely appropriate.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 23:58 TheVocalMinority

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 19:03 jdreyer

Rejoice book fans, George R. R. Martin has picked up speed on Winds of Winter.

We'll see if he can stop playing Civ long enough to finish it.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Rejoice book fans, George R. R. Martin has picked up speed on Winds of Winter Apr 14, 2019, 18:57 Jivaro

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 16:14:
On the one hand, although it would be cool, I'll be shocked if he actually finishes the series before he dies. One the other hand, if he does fail to finish, it is something I can cross off my to-do list...

If he doesn't finish it someone else will. Bank on it. Too much money on that table to leave it there.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 16:51 Kxmode

GOT Season 8 premiering a day before Tax Day. Death and Taxes!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

9. Re: Rejoice book fans, George R. R. Martin has picked up speed on Winds of Winter Apr 14, 2019, 16:14 Mr. Tact

On the one hand, although it would be cool, I'll be shocked if he actually finishes the series before he dies. One the other hand, if he does fail to finish, it is something I can cross off my to-do list...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 15:45 jdreyer

'Game Of Thrones' Food And Drink To Get You Through The Premiere

No puppy stew? I am disappoint.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 14:55 RedEye9

Blue wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 14:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 12:46:
I think this is the Foxtrot you were looking for.

The website was crapping itself when I went there, so I fell back on the tweet.
Gotta live the intarwebs, the tweet link wouldn't work for me. I'm not saying it was aliens...

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 14:50  Blue 

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 12:46:

The website was crapping itself when I went there, so I fell back on the tweet.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say Apr 14, 2019, 14:43 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 13:56:
Pigeon wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 13:38:
Nothing like a little mother son meth smoking and an outing to Walmart for wholesome family fun. I'm also not unconvinced the dog was on meth.
Guess that would explain them saying she's 46. She's 46, wtf?

Heh, that made me actually click on it and.. whoohooooo... someone got the cocaine fault-lines on their face.

4. Re: Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say Apr 14, 2019, 13:56 Acleacius

Pigeon wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 13:38:
Nothing like a little mother son meth smoking and an outing to Walmart for wholesome family fun. I'm also not unconvinced the dog was on meth.
Guess that would explain them saying she's 46. She's 46, wtf?

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History'. Chomsky

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 13:54 Cutter

No spoilers, peeps. I'm just gonna' binge watch it when it's done.

Really looking forward to seeing Gilliam's Don Quixote.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

2. Re: Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say Apr 14, 2019, 13:38 Pigeon

1. Foxtrot: Happy Game of Thrones Day. Apr 14, 2019, 12:46 RedEye9

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2019, 13:39.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo