Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced

Oculus reveals Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series, a three-part episodic Star Wars story from ILMxLAB for Oculus Quest and Rift headsets. This trailer shows off what looks like an interactive storytelling experience where you end up taking part in the action, including dueling with a lightsaber. The Verge has some more details on this, saying: "From a gameplay perspective, ILMxLAB is clear that this isnít just a simple VR movie ó itís a fully interactive title, which the trailer showcases as players climb the side of the citadel and use tools. The main storyline of Vader Immortal ó Episode I is said to take between 45 minutes to an hour to play through, but the title will also include a standalone 'Lightsaber Dojo' mode for more open-ended gameplay." Episode One is coming soon, and here's more:

FATE HAS CHOSEN YOU.

You will need the Force to survive the journey ahead.

Step into a galaxy far, far away and experience the first Star Wars story designed exclusively for virtual reality. Descend into Darth Vader's mysterious fortress alongside new allies and encounter fearsome enemies, including the Sith Lord himself. Be at the center of a story in which you hold the key to the galaxy's salvation... or destruction.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 15, 2019, 02:08 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 13:58:
45 minutes is a demo, not a game.

RABBLRABBLRABBLE

I'm sure they didn't have short games back in your day did they gramps?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 14, 2019, 13:58 Cutter

45 minutes is a demo, not a game.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

5. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 14, 2019, 10:32 Task

That looked cool to be honest.

I will also accept VR Pod Racing.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 14, 2019, 04:49 Razumen

Ahaha, old grognards here complaining about VR, probably haven't even tried a Vive.

This looks great, and VR is a great fit. I hope they make Vader as intimidating as possible in VR.

3. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 13, 2019, 17:53 HorrorScope

Light Saber and Space Sim are pretty much the current pinnacle of VR game play. Race Sim... do they have a speed race segment?  

2. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 13, 2019, 15:53 Creston

And EA continues to shit all over the Star Wars license.

1. Re: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Announced Apr 13, 2019, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

My first thought: Ugh, a VR game.

After the trailer: Ugh, that could have potentially been a good game, but instead they made it into a VR game.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo