Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming

Bethesda announces the release of patch 8, the "Wild Appalachia" patch for Fallout 76, offering "a new questline, features, balance adjustments, and a ton of bug fixes" for the RPG sequel. These notes are quite extensive, but do not mention the sale of Repair Kits, as the previous update on these say they will be added "in the weeks following Patch 8," giving gamers more time to express their grievances over the pay-to-win concerns these raise. Here's word on today's new content and more that's expected next week:

NEW WILD APPALACHIA CONTENT

NEW QUESTLINE – LYING LOWE

• The Lying Lowe questline is now available! Begin your investigation into this mysterious case by finding and reading one of the “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters in Lewisburg or at Train Stations around Appalachia.
  • “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters are also available for free in the Atomic Shop until 9:00 a.m. EDT on May 7. Once claimed, you can place the poster in your C.A.M.P. and read it to start the quest.
  • Read our recent article on the Lying Lowe Questline to learn more.

NEW DUNGEON – THE BURROWS (COMING APRIL 16)

• A new dungeon experience will become available one week following today’s patch, on April 16.
  • This challenging venture will take you beneath Harper’s Ferry as you follow in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Steel, who sent their forces underground for unknown reasons.
  • Even the heartiest of Appalachian adventurers will have difficulty exploring The Burrows alone. Assemble a squad and make sure your gear is up to snuff before taking on this subterranean battleground.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 10, 2019, 14:46 Riahderymnmaddog

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 20:42:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 14:34:
Right? I stopped playing The Division and The Division 2 when the fucking quests came from bulletin boards...

Wait what? I haven't seen any bulletin boards. I wonder if I'm missing something. I hit 30 just doing the side and main quests.

I'll probably grab 76 when it comes to Steam and is put on sale. Even if it's a shitshow, I'd like to see it.

They are in all of the safe houses, all of the two I have been in anyways. Before I rage quit

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 10, 2019, 00:04 Jerykk

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 13:59:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 12:59:
Not even close. It is basically just Fallout 4 with a fresh coat of paint and all the bugs / crappy programming of past Fallout games x1000. PVP is damn near non-existent because you have to jump through so many hoops to even participate in it.

Shooting and walking around might be like Fallout 4, but since it has no NPCs or real quests I don't think it's anywhere near the same experience.

Depends on your priorities. In any Bethesda RPG, you spend most of your time exploring, scavenging and killing stuff. FO76 is no different in that regard. One could argue that Bethesda hasn't made a real RPG since Morrowind so FO76 is just continuing the trend of their recent games.

To me, FO76 is a laid back experience that I go back to every so often. It's fun to discover new locations and loot. Once I've discovered everything, I won't have any incentive to return but that's fine and largely true of their other games.

15. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 20:42 Frijoles

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 14:34:
Right? I stopped playing The Division and The Division 2 when the fucking quests came from bulletin boards...

Wait what? I haven't seen any bulletin boards. I wonder if I'm missing something. I hit 30 just doing the side and main quests.

I'll probably grab 76 when it comes to Steam and is put on sale. Even if it's a shitshow, I'd like to see it.

14. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 16:52 Creston

robdot wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 16:48:
Your hungry,your thirsty,your overweight, your gun is broken,your armor is broken...

"Would you like to spend $4.99 to buy an Insta-Refill box that will fix all these issues for you???!!! BUY NOW AND GET AN EXTRA INSTA-REFILL BOX FOR 10% OFF, ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!"

13. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 16:48 robdot

Your hungry,your thirsty,your overweight, your gun is broken,your armor is broken,,,repeat.  

12. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 14:47 Total-Khaos

Not even close. It is basically just Fallout 4 with a fresh coat of paint and all the bugs / crappy programming of past Fallout games x1000. PVP is damn near non-existent because you have to jump through so many hoops to even participate in it.

Shooting and walking around might be like Fallout 4, but since it has no NPCs or real quests I don't think it's anywhere near the same experience.

Right, sorry. I meant it "looks" like Fallout 4 with a fresh coat of paint. The lack of NPC characters and stuff is certainly not the same.

11. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 14:42 Luke

A patch...ahahahaha for this ....ahahaha  

10. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 14:34 Riahderymnmaddog

Right? I stopped playing The Division and The Division 2 when the fucking quests came from bulletin boards... Anthem has that shit too,ohhh god and the audio i am forced to listen to... so unrealistic. I only play games that have a HUMAN giving me the quest. no terminals, no bulletin boards, no aliens... nope, I only play games with quests given by HUMANS!!

9. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 13:59 StingingVelvet

8. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 13:17 EUTHANIZE

Personally I love this game. It scratches the FO4 exploration/salvage/craft/building itches and is a blast to play with friends.

There seems to be a lot of negative comment bandwagoning surrounding this game, but I think it is just echoes from the buggy beta and launch.

I've been playing almost daily since Xmas and I love it.

7. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 13:16 Creston

and a ton of bug fixes

"It just works!"

- Todd Howard, sometime last year.

6. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 13:01 Total-Khaos

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 10:53:
Has this game gone free to play yet, Jerry-Mary at the quartering keeps saying it is going free to play, or has gone F2P, of course Bethesda lies and says it isn't. But I know that here is no way this YouTuber is full of shit and just making clickbate.

It is very clear that in order to keep Fallout 76 up and running, it will undoubtedly move to F2P with P2W parts added. I played this buggy mess of shit during release and haven't looked back....not missing anything...at all.

5. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 12:59 Total-Khaos

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 11:39:
What type of game is this anyways?

Is this like Rust?

4. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 11:39 Tipsy McStagger

What type of game is this anyways?

Is this like Rust?

3. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 11:07 RedEye9

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 10:53:
Has this game gone free to play yet, Jerry-Mary at the quartering keeps saying it is going free to play, or has gone F2P, of course Bethesda lies and says it isn't. But I know that here is no way this YouTuber is full of shit and just making clickbate.
It skipped over free to play and went straight to pay to win.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 10:59 Drayth

He's a bastion of truth in these dark times.  

1. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Wild Appalachia Update; New Dungeon and Repair Kits Coming Apr 9, 2019, 10:53 Riahderymnmaddog

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo