Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 14:57 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 15:00:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 12:16:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 09:45:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 03:32:
* Blue, already making $20,000 a month in advertising revenue, feels a twinge of guilt about further bleeding his readers. He resists the temptation for a few moments before opening a new browser window and typing "patreon.com" *
If that is even remotely close to being true, I'd be very happy for him and I'd be willing to stop plugging a Patreon page. Based on what I've read about what ads pay, it would be somewhat surprising, but not beyond what is possible.

Yeah, it seems unlikely that he makes anything close to that, which is why I keep bringing up Patreon. Beam

Relax. Have faith.
Faith doesn't pay the mortgage or put food on the table. That said, if Blue were really hurting, I'm sure he would do a Patreon to keep the site afloat.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 16:19 Mr. Tact

*heavy sigh*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 15:00 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 12:16:
* Blue, already making $20,000 a month in advertising revenue, feels a twinge of guilt about further bleeding his readers. He resists the temptation for a few moments before opening a new browser window and typing "patreon.com" *
If that is even remotely close to being true, I'd be very happy for him and I'd be willing to stop plugging a Patreon page. Based on what I've read about what ads pay, it would be somewhat surprising, but not beyond what is possible.

Yeah, it seems unlikely that he makes anything close to that, which is why I keep bringing up Patreon. Beam

Relax. Have faith.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 14:59 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 03:20:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 17:34:
Measles outbreak: 78 new cases in first week of April 2019 as record approaches CDC says.

A case where people's beliefs quite literally kill others.

Not unlike the Spanish Inquisition.

Precisely like that.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 12:16 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 09:45 Mr. Tact

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 08:43 Creston

I'm pretty sure he's been resisting that temptation for going on like 6 years now.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 03:32 jdreyer

PhysicalEd wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 11:00:
Whatever you do, however you do it, we appreciate it!

And I'm with RedEye9, bring back T-shirts. Or Patreon or something to let us show our appreciation!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 03:23 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 10:25:
We, on the committee to bring back blues t-shirts approve of these changes.

Speaking of shirts. I'll pledge $30 bucks for 1 or $55 for 2 if they are Hanes beefy t quality. just do it
T-shirts make great Patreon level gifts too.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 03:20 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 17:34:
Measles outbreak: 78 new cases in first week of April 2019 as record approaches CDC says.

Not unlike the Spanish Inquisition.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 17:34 Kxmode

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 13:46 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 13:16:
+11
+13 would t-shirt and add to current Patreon list.

10. Interesting article about the immunotherapy tablets Apr 9, 2019, 13:35 Creston

But it doesn't mention how often you have to take those tablets, or how much they cost? Is that a continual thing, or do you eventually come to a point where you can stop using the tablets and you're still immune?

A bottle of anti-histamine costs like 30 bucks for 500 tablets. Kinda hard to beat.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 13:16 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 12:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 11:24:

Speaking of shirts. I'll pledge $30 bucks for 1 or $55 for 2 if they are Hanes beefy t quality. just do it

+1 and start a Patreon page...

+2 and I would certainly consider donating to a Patreon page.
+11
I'm in for 2 shirts plus a $5 month patreon or is it a better deal to do a one time patreon $60 dollar payment after cc fees, taxes and patreon charges.
Inquiring minds and all that...

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 12:47 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 11:24:

+2 and I would certainly consider donating to a Patreon page.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 12:07 Cutter

Town admits 'a poor decision was made' after baseball field set on fire to 'dry' it more quickly.

Ok, did anyone read that and not automatically assume it was some state in the south? Well done Connenticut for an outstanding 'Hold my beer' play of the year.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

6. Helmets are Expensive- Brains are cheap Apr 9, 2019, 11:57 RedEye9

Fucking idiot on a motorcycle. Watching his face bounce off the street was worth the price of admission.
Darwin will not be robbed his sacrifice.

The unexpected phone call during class was unexpected.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 11:49 chickenboo

too bad they euthanized that python, i'm sure someone out there would have had the tank and ability to care for it. maybe not for the 74 eggs though... that's a lot of hatchlings.
...and now i have the Zerg theme stuck in my head

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 11:24 Mr. Tact

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2019, 11:00 PhysicalEd

Whatever you do, however you do it, we appreciate it!

And I'm with RedEye9, bring back T-shirts. Or Patreon or something to let us show our appreciation!

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo