Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease?

This video explores hints that the next installment in the Assassin's Creed series will be Viking themed game, rather than something set in Rome, as had been speculated. This was triggered by a poster in Assassin's Creed Odyssey showing a Norse/Viking one of the game's Apples of Eden, and leads to other elements that possibly hint at this news hiding in plain sight. They also note that Ubisoft has a rich history of offering such clues to support the case they make. Thanks USgamer.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 5, 2019, 11:49 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 23:43:
Like Cutter though, I fail to understand why year after year after year after year they refuse to make a Feudal Japan AC...

Cuz many, many people except for a vocal minority aren't into the whole Asian thang. It would definitely be the first AC in the main series that I would skip completely.

Zero interest in an Asian setting here (unless they mix it with hentai pr0n ) and their market research has probably yielded similar zero fuxx results or otherwise they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I mean, the greedy bitches at Ubi aren't exactly known for leaving money on the table so it must be something like they'd rather grab the five million (or so) initial sales from a Viking themed game rather than the two million (or so) from some Japanese crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 5, 2019, 09:14 Task

There are plenty of 'Ninja and Samurai' games. Sekiro for example.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 5, 2019, 08:19 Steviepunk

The leak that came out before Origins was announced indicated that Egypt, Rome and Greece would be the next three locations for the AC games - it's been right on 2 of the 3 so far and given the success of those 2, I'd think that Ubisoft probably aren't going to be changing their plans.

However, that's not to say it won't happen after Rome. If Ubisoft are going with an On, On, Off release cycle now then maybe it will come in 2021

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 5, 2019, 07:05 Kxmode

The Animus experiment created by former Templar Layla Hassan is capable of reliving the memorials from any DNA sample. The story potential for that means the devs can go to viking times and relive the memories of a well-known Norseman who would likely have insights into the Isu from the region. Because after all the overarching story is to stop the Templars from obtaining "peaces of Eden." There are hundreds of Isu vault all over the world that haven't yet been found by either group.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 4, 2019, 23:43 Creston

I didn't want them to go back to Rome (Rome without Ezio would just suck), so I'm glad they're maybe/probably going in a different route. Vikings could be cool, if there's a lot of invasion gameplay in there.

Like Cutter though, I fail to understand why year after year after year after year they refuse to make a Feudal Japan AC...

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 4, 2019, 22:40 Cutter

That's really reaching. Vikings weren't builders - beyond farms and settlements - so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Rome would be natch but too close to ancient Greece. I still wish they'd do Edo Japan. Ninja and samurai? Yeah, buddy!

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Viking Game Tease? Apr 4, 2019, 19:31 CJ_Parker

Sounds better than Rome for sure. Don't fuck it up, Ubi.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo