Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc., etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 11:14 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 08:14:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 03:39:
JeffD wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 01:58:
Review bombers are pissing in their own pool. Once you poison enough unverfied reviews then all user reviews will be treated as toxic. gj handing over the reigns to corporate shills.
Review bombing is a very effectice way to express your discontent. There is a reason why corporate shills are against this form of protest, my dear corporate shill.
How is it effective? What has it achieved? Has Marvel decided to stop with the Black Panther and Captain Marvel series because they were reviewbombed?

Or do creators just decide that there's a very small but very obnoxious part of their fanbase that it's just easier, and more satisfying, to have leave your fanbase than to cater to?

Being a very loud and very entitled brat doesn't make people want you as their core consumer. It makes people wish you'd go away.
+1
HoSpanky wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 08:07:
Lol
Calling someone a shill because you inexplicably support reviews that aren’t reviews. People read game reviews to see if they’ll like the game, not to see if people got all pissy about a decision made about a different game.

PERSONALLY, I’d have set up steam to disallow review bombers from ever submitting reviews again, because clearly they’re incapable of understanding what they’re SUPPOSED to do with it. Like or hate a game ITSELF, but using them to cry about something else entirely makes them worthless. I will say, review bombing is a great way to get the review feature hidden or removed entirely. Act like a child with something and watch it get taken away.
+1

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 09:31 Simon Says

Well, that's a new low... Duly noted.  

8. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 09:26 Kain

Gamestop doesn't do enough to get people in there. My local video game store is very friendly, they host events and they don't push disc protection on me. Gamestop on the other hand maintains lavish margins on used game sales and buys them from you at a pittance. They frequently don't have new games in stock and rarely have competitive prices.

When they bought Impulse back in 2011 they had a chance to really compete with Steam, Xbox Live and PSN. Instead they squandered the opportunity in a poor attempt to extend their website services. That was really their chance to pivot and its gone so all that's left now is inevitable downward spiral.

7. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 09:05 Luke

It must be....HL3 confirmed...it must be  

6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 08:14 Beamer

Review bombers are pissing in their own pool. Once you poison enough unverfied reviews then all user reviews will be treated as toxic. gj handing over the reigns to corporate shills.
Review bombing is a very effectice way to express your discontent. There is a reason why corporate shills are against this form of protest, my dear corporate shill.
How is it effective? What has it achieved? Has Marvel decided to stop with the Black Panther and Captain Marvel series because they were reviewbombed?

Or do creators just decide that there's a very small but very obnoxious part of their fanbase that it's just easier, and more satisfying, to have leave your fanbase than to cater to?

Being a very loud and very entitled brat doesn't make people want you as their core consumer. It makes people wish you'd go away.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 08:07 HoSpanky

Lol
Calling someone a shill because you inexplicably support reviews that aren’t reviews. People read game reviews to see if they’ll like the game, not to see if people got all pissy about a decision made about a different game.

PERSONALLY, I’d have set up steam to disallow review bombers from ever submitting reviews again, because clearly they’re incapable of understanding what they’re SUPPOSED to do with it. Like or hate a game ITSELF, but using them to cry about something else entirely makes them worthless. I will say, review bombing is a great way to get the review feature hidden or removed entirely. Act like a child with something and watch it get taken away.

4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 03:39 Kajetan

3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2019, 01:58 JeffD

2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 3, 2019, 20:32 eRe4s3r

EGS gaining more and more fans "opposite of fans" I see  

1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 3, 2019, 20:27 RedEye9

GameStop is publicly traded, wonders will never cease.
I guess the glory days of me buying high and selling low are long gone.
So I will have to settle on "Buy Low, Sell Lower"

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo