Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September

2K Games and Gearbox Software confirm a recent rumor with the announcement of a September 13th release date for Borderlands 3, also confirming speculation that the PC edition of the shooter sequel will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store until a year from now. The Xbox Wire has a write-up on the game and an Official Announce Trailer, and the game's listing on the Microsoft Store suggests Windows and Xbox One cross-platform support, showing "cross-platform co-op" as one of the game's capabilities. The press release includes box art and a couple of screenshots, but this is still fairly preliminary, as more revelations are planned for next month: "For more details on the story, characters, gear, and everything else you’ll find in Borderlands 3, tune in on May 1 for the extended Gameplay Reveal Event livestream." There are plans for four different editions with escalating perks: A Standard Edition ($59.99 USD), a Deluxe Edition with bonus digital content ($79.99 USD), a Super Deluxe Edition with a Season Pass ($99.99 USD, or $119.99 after September 17th), and a Diamond Loot Chest Collector's Edition with all the preceding bonuses and a bunch of physical goodies ($249.99 USD). Here's word on their partnerships with the Epic Games Store and AMD:
PC Gaming on Steroids in Collaboration with AMD and the Epic Games store:
Developed from the ground up with AMD, Borderlands 3 will take full advantage of the most powerful PC hardware available, and is optimized for top performance and incredible gaming experiences on AMD Radeon™ graphics cards and Ryzen™ CPUs.

At launch on September 13, Borderlands 3 will be available for PC exclusively through the Epic Games store. Borderlands 3 will be available on additional PC digital storefronts in April 2020.

“The PC gaming community has been an important part of the success of the Borderlands series, and we are excited to be partnering with Epic who recognize its worldwide popularity and share in our commitment to bring Borderlands 3 to this rapidly expanding audience,” said Ismailer. “Our mission, in addition to delivering the most engaging and captivating entertainment experiences, is to embrace new distribution platforms that will contribute to our effort to grow the audience for Borderlands 3.”

View : : :
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
Apr 3, 2019, 17:25
Beamer

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:25
 Beamer

I think the worst complaint I saw was a list of all the things Steam has that Epic doesn't. Included were such things as VR support and wishlists. What the hell do either of those have to do with Borderlands 3?

No one is forcing anyone to choose 100% Epic or 100% Steam. You can still use Steam for 99% of your gaming. If a game has VR support, you can go to Steam and play it, because Epic's store won't have a VR game until it has VR support. If wishlists are important to you, keep using the wishlist on Steam.

I also see people on Reddit freaking out that the unannounced next game of their favorite series may end up on the Epic store, but they mod their games and Epic doesn't have a workshop. Freaking out that a game that won't be out until at least 2022 may be an Epic exclusive, but Epic doesn't have mod support in 2019 seems like insanity. So many people think that the Epic store is in some kind of solid-state and won't get new features...

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:25

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:39:
So if it's a great game, you wouldn't buy it due to past terrible games? I don't get this philosophy. More power to you, but The Witcher 3 Gearbox' name on the opening splash screen, rather than CD Projekt Red, you'd be missing a hell of a game due to two games they didn't even design. For me, I'll exercise caution, but I'm not passing up a great game just because the studio released some stinkers. Pretty much every studio has done some stinkers.

Actually has more to do with Randy's lies and Gearbox's mismanagment of those titles than "design".

Other than some Half-Life expansions 18 to 20 years ago... I think they are shit as a company and marginal as developers. I have zero interest in Brothers in Arms or Borderlands.

on another note...

Witcher 3 was awesome. Witcher 1 sucked balls (IMO). It took a lot of convincing from friends to get me to try 3. After playing 3, I don't know if I could play 2 since the consensus is that it is not as good.
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Apr 3, 2019, 17:16
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:16
Apr 3, 2019, 17:16

This works out great! I'll be too busy playing WoW Classic until Borderlands 3 GOTY edition comes out on Steam next year

Apr 3, 2019, 16:59
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:59
Apr 3, 2019, 16:59

...is to embrace new distribution platforms that will contribute to our effort to grow the audience for Borderlands 3

I'm all for waiting for the GOTY edition of BL3. More value for my money + I get to avoid the EGS. That being said, how is this quote not just pure bullshit? If you wanted to grow the audience, you'd release on all available platforms. Not exclusively on one that is hated.

Just say "we did it for the money" so that at least you can say you are honest.

Apr 3, 2019, 16:45
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:45
Apr 3, 2019, 16:45

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 16:34:
...people have a right to demand value for money...

Sure, and then can ensure they get it by either opening or closing their wallets which will send a very clear market signal.

Throwing tantrums like little kids who were told "No candy"? That's entitlement and exactly one of the major reasons why gaming is so toxic today.

I don't like Chik-fil-a. I think their business practices and the beliefs of their owners are beyond wretched. Also, I think their food is mediocre at best. Do I bitch and whine about them constantly? No, I simply don't eat there or support anything they're involved with because I'm a goddamned adult instead of a man-child throwing a tantrum like a three year old.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Apr 3, 2019, 16:42
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:42
Apr 3, 2019, 16:42

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 16:31:
God damn, gamer entitlement on full, naked display in this thread.
Yep, 35 posts of upsetment, waaaaa and rheeee.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Apr 3, 2019, 16:34
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:34
Apr 3, 2019, 16:34

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 16:31:

Gaming gods forfend that people have a right to demand value for money and be upset when they don't get it. Publishers aren't entitled to our money and support, they earn it. Or should.
Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Twitch

Apr 3, 2019, 16:33
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:33
Apr 3, 2019, 16:33

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 15:46:
Hahahahaha hell hath no fury like a Steam elitist scorned.

Comedy gold. Keep the whinging comin' guys!

P.S.: To lighten up the mood a little... look at the bright side, it could be A LOT worse. Imagine they'd put it on the Microshit PC store with UWP garbage and everything. Y'all should thank Cranky Bitchdork for sparing y'all that horror at least.

The Windows 10 Store is awful. And it has more and better features than the Epic Games Store does right now. And doesn't have to beg people to setup 2FA because accounts get hacked in droves every single day.
Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Twitch

Apr 3, 2019, 16:31
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:31
Apr 3, 2019, 16:31

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Apr 3, 2019, 16:27
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:27
Apr 3, 2019, 16:27

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 15:55:

Are we elitists for knowing we get absolutely nothing positive out of them having an epic store exclusive?

Tell me, as a consumer wanting to buy the product.. What do I get of benefit out of this deal?

Do I get anything of value?

This is a great point. No, I don’t think you do. The only thing you get is access to the game earlier than if you wait for it on steam. If it’s something you absolutely can’t wait for, then get it on Epic’s store. This game doesn’t do it for me. But I did purchase Satisfactory as soon as I could. Doubt I’ll be buying anything else there, but it isn’t unpleasant. Just bare bones.

Apr 3, 2019, 16:25
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:25
Apr 3, 2019, 16:25

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 10:56:
Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 10:38:
Welp, looks like Ill be waiting a year then.

Randy sure picked his words carefully. Can see exclusives but no more than 6 months, funny how this game is on the clock now vs when released and voila 6 months after release on other plats.
Exactly, nearly positive 2K (or whoever the publisher) wrote his post for him.

I've never played any borderlands game, so waiting isn't a issue. Even if I did want this game, still would wait. Steam isn't some holy grail but I'm sure they hell not going to help epic undermine the free market while throwing 10s of millions of dollars at publisher to bribe them off. That's just as destructive as what m$ did back in 2000s to enter the console market. m$ didn't give a shit about the consequences of their actions and neither does epic. Middlefinger
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Apr 3, 2019, 16:12
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 16:12
Apr 3, 2019, 16:12

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 15:55:

Yes. You are getting an EPIC game store. How cool is that?

You are also getting the game 12 months sooner than the rest of the world.

Oh wait. It's Borderlands 3, right? Hm. OK. Scratch that. Nope. You actually aren't getting anything of value at all regardless of what platform this turd will be released on first.

Apr 3, 2019, 15:57
Beamer

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 15:57
Apr 3, 2019, 15:57
 Beamer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:47:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:37:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 13:24:
I hope all these assholes with their exclusives are losing tons of sales.

"So don't buy the fucking product. Problem solved. Their house their rules. God, I'm so sick of whiny little fucks like Cutter."

Context, btw. In case I'm not the only one tired of the endless hypocrisy.
I think you meant this.

Totes.

Apr 3, 2019, 15:55
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 15:55
Apr 3, 2019, 15:55

Are we elitists for knowing we get absolutely nothing positive out of them having an epic store exclusive?

Tell me, as a consumer wanting to buy the product.. What do I get of benefit out of this deal?

Apr 3, 2019, 15:46
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 15:46
Apr 3, 2019, 15:46

Comedy gold. Keep the whinging comin' guys!

P.S.: To lighten up the mood a little... look at the bright side, it could be A LOT worse. Imagine they'd put it on the Microshit PC store with UWP garbage and everything. Y'all should thank Cranky Bitchdork for sparing y'all that horror at least.

Apr 3, 2019, 15:34
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 15:34
Apr 3, 2019, 15:34

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 11:13:
Whelp...the just lost three sales and a season pass on release day. Looks like I'll be waiting 6-12 months for a Steam release....or maybe another few until it hits the bargain bin. Frustrating as hell, because I really love Borderlands.

And before people start in with the puerile accusations :
- I don't want *another* launcher.
- Exclusivity is anti consumer.
- Epic's support is abysmal.
- Tencent.
- Steam has a feature rich client (that admittedly needs an overhaul).....Epic has a friends list.
- Valve develops a variety of projects that push forward PCGaming....Epic leverages an engine solely for profit.

100% agree. I'm not interested in buying on multiple platforms and definitely not interested in giving Epic any of my money.
"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

Apr 3, 2019, 14:47
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 14:47
Apr 3, 2019, 14:47

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:37:

"So don't buy the fucking product. Problem solved. Their house their rules. God, I'm so sick of whiny little fucks like Cutter."

I think you meant this.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Apr 3, 2019, 14:39
Beamer

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 14:39
Apr 3, 2019, 14:39
 Beamer

wtf_man wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 14:10:
Doesn't matter which store... I'd never give Gearbox a dime after DNF and ACM. Also, never played that "cell shaded" crap in the first place and don't plan on ever doing so.

/shrug

So if it's a great game, you wouldn't buy it due to past terrible games? I don't get this philosophy. More power to you, but The Witcher 3 Gearbox' name on the opening splash screen, rather than CD Projekt Red, you'd be missing a hell of a game due to two games they didn't even design. For me, I'll exercise caution, but I'm not passing up a great game just because the studio released some stinkers. Pretty much every studio has done some stinkers.

Apr 3, 2019, 14:37
Beamer

Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 14:37
Apr 3, 2019, 14:37
 Beamer

Apr 3, 2019, 14:10
Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 14:10
Apr 3, 2019, 14:10

Doesn't matter which store... I'd never give Gearbox a dime after DNF and ACM. Also, never played that "cell shaded" crap in the first place and don't plan on ever doing so.

/shrug
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older