Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store

Olly olly free oxen free! The latest freebie is now live on the Epic Games Store, where you can now pick up a gratis copy of Oxenfree, letting this supernatural thriller live up to its title (or at least half of it... oxen not included). All that's required is a free account, and you can get this between now and April 4th, and they already reveal the next game they will hand out at that time will be The Witness. This is not the first time Oxenfree has been part of a giveaway, as GOG.com also handed it out in late 2017. Here's a refresher on the game:
Choose Your Fate…
Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright, rebellious teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island. The night takes a terrifying turn when you unwittingly open a ghostly gate spawned from the island’s cryptic past. How you deal with these events, your peers, and the ominous creatures you’ve unleashed is up to you.

YOU determine every aspect of Alex's story while exploring Edwards Island, uncovering the base's dark past, and changing the course of your friends' lives.

Created by Night School Studio
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store
Apr 1, 2019, 19:52
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Apr 1, 2019, 19:52
Apr 1, 2019, 19:52

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 13:08:
wrlwnd wrote on Mar 30, 2019, 02:00:
The prices in the Epic game store are much higher than Steam.
I haven't noticed them being any higher, though that might be a UK thing. However, it's still easy to find much better prices on third-party websites. For instance, Metro: Exodus is £49.99 on the Epic Store but only £33.33 on Instant-Gaming - both activate on the Epic Store. To put that price in perspective, I paid £35 for the original Half-Life back in 1998 so prices are lower in absolute and real-terms.

I rarely buy from the official digital platform stores these days, preferring instead to grab things from third-party websites with much cheaper prices.

Is your Exodus key one of the ones they're going to deactivate?

Mar 31, 2019, 13:08
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 31, 2019, 13:08
Mar 31, 2019, 13:08

I haven't noticed them being any higher, though that might be a UK thing. However, it's still easy to find much better prices on third-party websites. For instance, Metro: Exodus is £49.99 on the Epic Store but only £33.33 on Instant-Gaming - both activate on the Epic Store. To put that price in perspective, I paid £35 for the original Half-Life back in 1998 so prices are lower in absolute and real-terms.

I rarely buy from the official digital platform stores these days, preferring instead to grab things from third-party websites with much cheaper prices.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Mar 30, 2019, 19:57
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 19:57
Mar 30, 2019, 19:57

Ah, another once-a-fortnight freebie from Epic. Time for the usual procedure. You know the one:

- Open EGS
- Add free game
- Close EGS
- Forgets game exists
- Re-discover game on Steam in a few months and plays it there.

Honestly, at this point Epic should just automatically add the game to all its subscribers libraries and cut out the middle-men. Think of all the time it would save!

Mar 30, 2019, 11:28
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 11:28
Mar 30, 2019, 11:28

SWEET
Snagged it!
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

Mar 30, 2019, 04:35
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 04:35
Mar 30, 2019, 04:35

It’s misleading to call this a gane. There’s no element of skill involved, or puzzles, or even much in the way of free will. All that is required of “players” is to hold down buttons for unnecessarily long periods.

What you do get is emo teens continuing to drone on about their inconsequential drivel despite being in mortal peril. If that sounds entertaining, you’re in luck.

I didn’t pay money (thankfully), but I did pay dearly in time.

Mar 30, 2019, 03:39
El Pit

Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 03:39
Mar 30, 2019, 03:39
 El Pit

They're giving publishers a bigger cut which means that the clients will have to pay for that bigger cut Epic wants its "fair share" of money, too...

I heard that you get cheaper prices with US IP adresses, so you might try that unless it is illegal in your country.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Mar 30, 2019, 02:52
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 02:52
Mar 30, 2019, 02:52

But free is free I guess. So I have Fortnite and now Oxenfree.

For everything else, it doesn't compare to Steam.

You missed a lot of the free games. I got Axiom Verge, Shadow Complex, Slime Rancher, Subnautica, Jackbox Party Pack, Thimbleweed Park, What remains of Edith Finch and Oxenfree. Almost all of these were really high in my "must play" list. It's like they're reading my Steam wishlist (they might be).

Obviously it doesn't compare to Steam! No other platform can compare to Steam. Steam has had more than 15 years of improvements! Competition is still in the interest of consumers though.

Mar 30, 2019, 02:00
Re: Free Oxenfree on Epic Games Store Mar 30, 2019, 02:00
Mar 30, 2019, 02:00

But free is free I guess. So I have Fortnite and now Oxenfree.

For everything else, it doesn't compare to Steam.

The Witness
Mar 29, 2019, 21:24
The Witness Mar 29, 2019, 21:24
Mar 29, 2019, 21:24

Oxenfree has been free for a while. Next free game The Witness will be available next week.

Just sayin'.
=========================================
Professional Adobe ColdFusion Application developer.

XBox Live: ConsoleGenRL
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older