Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released

Ubisoft announces that Assassin's Creed III Remastered is now available for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. This offers the chance to return to the 18th century by way of 2012 with an updated version of this installment in the stealth/action series that includes the game and all its DLC in remastered 4K/HDR glory. You can pick up a copy of this through the Ubisoft Store and get a look at the improvements to the game in this trailer. Here's word on the release, which says a version of this for the Switch is expected in May:
Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed® III Remastered, including Assassin’s Creed® Liberation Remastered, is now available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and Windows PC. Additionally, all solo DLCs from the original game will be included: Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets and Tyranny of King Washington.

Developed by Ubisoft Barcelona, Assassin’s Creed® III Remastered features single-player content in 4K and HDR on PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One X and Windows PC. The vision was to bring this classic game to match the quality of the current Assassin’s Creed games by taking advantage of newer technology. With increased model improvements and Physically-Based Rendering (PBR), Assassin’s Creed III Remastered displays more visually accurate images using real world light and material properties that make the world feel more alive.

Experience the Assassin’s Creed universe on the eve of the American Revolution and play as Connor, the warrior son of a Native American mother and British father. As the bloody revolution draws near, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. After the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to preserve freedom. Unleash your deadly skills in a decades-long quest that will take you from the chaotic city streets to blood-soaked battlefields in the hostile American wilderness and beyond. Explore colonial Boston, New York, the frontier and various epic naval missions, meeting legendary American heroes as you conspire to annihilate all those who threaten Liberty.

Assassin’s Creed III Remastered includes Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered, which tells the unforgettable journey that takes Aveline from the crowded streets of New Orleans to voodoo-haunted swamps and ancient Mayan ruins. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered is available for $39.99 or as part of the Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Season Pass. Additionally, Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be available on the Nintendo Switch™ system starting May 21.

View : : :

Re: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released
Mar 29, 2019, 20:52
Kxmode

Re: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released Mar 29, 2019, 20:52
Mar 29, 2019, 20:52
 Kxmode

Kain wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 15:34:
$40 to play the shittiest game in the series, yeeeeaaahhhh I'm gonna have to take a pass on that one.

Actually, I'm going to disagree with you on that. Having playing EVERY main game in the series to completion, I have enough knowledge of each to provide an accurate rank, or that is to say a rank that's backed up with reasons.

1. Origins
2. Odyssey
3. Black Flag
4. Syndicate
5. Brotherhood
6. Revelations
7. AC1
8. AC3
9. AC2
10. Rogue
11. Unity

Reasons:
#1 - As large, open-world games go this one is flawless. I cannot remember a time when the game ever crashed. On my old potato computer, and then my 4K60 beast Origins ran well demonstrating a ton of optimization and polish the devs put into it. The story was awesome. The setting was amazing. The introducing of a branching system that hid the various Order of the Ancient's members behind clues was a refreshing addition. Even the modern day story of the Templar scientist experimenting with an Aminus device that did not need family blood to relive memories is a nice plot pivot (it opens up a lot of possibilities where the story can go). On the rare occasion when I felt like cheating the game did not crash. I used the cheat's travel-to-map-marker towards the end of the game when I wanted to get to story points faster.

#2 - Odyssey and Origins in my opinion as almost tied. Environment, story, everything about it is engaging. The highlight is Kassandra. She is probably my favorite AC character from any of the games and is a much better protagonist than Origin's Bayek. However, the reason Odyssey is ranked second has to do with its game-breaking bugs under certain situations. Given the scale and size of the world, which, I believe is much larger than Origin's Ancient Egypt, I wanted to traverse and get all the waypoints quickly. To achieve that goal I used a cheat by the same people who created the Origins cheat. It had travel-to-waypoint. However, in Odyssey using it resulted in random quest-giving NPCs dying all over the world en masse. Here's an example of one I stumbled upon while gallivanting around Athens. https://i.imgur.com/puLI1fN.jpg It wouldn't be a big issue save for the fact that many Cultist members can only be found after completing a series of side quests. I filed a ticket with Ubisoft, and even they couldn't figure out why random quest NPCs died. So after sinking 85 hours in, I was forced to restart. I recently completed the game and have 250 hours logged, which is more than any other AC game. However, if you subtract the 85 hours I already put in the real number is 165. A lot of time for sure, but less compared to Origin's 216 hours from one continuous play through with no restarts.

#3 Fantastic setting, engaging story, PIRATE SHIP mechanics! IMHO the pirate ship stuff is hands down the best gameplay in the entire AC series and only slightly more fun than naval combat in Odyssey. My favorite part is the weather and the wash. When the weather is violent, you can "feel" it in how the ship handles. When the waves comes crashing down hard on the deck, it splashes and hits everything. If memory serves I remember losing one or two deckhands to that.

#4 - A vast improvement over Unity's clunky controls and "Pay 2 Win" cash grab. As a single entry into the series, it introduced an intriguing gameplay mechanic of alternating between twins Jacob and Evie Frye. Overall it is an excellent romp through Victorian-era London. I like how many landmarks are explorable like Buckingham Palace and Parliament. My favorite was climbing to the top of Big Ben and diving off. That was a VERY satisfying 10-15 second fall. I thought the Jack the Ripper DLC was very creative and creepy to boot.

#5 - Loved the Roman Renaissance! It was handled quite well in this chapter. I was most impressed by, given the time this game came out, with how big and sprawling the locations had become compared to the first game's city-only environments like Jerusalem. I believe this is the first game in the series to go open world.

#6 - This one takes top prize for one of the best cliffhangers! It is fantastic, especially if the story hooks you in! As a bonus, it provided a lot of closure to AC1's Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad.

#7 - Good start to the series and enough worry from UbiSoft for them to issue that opening disclaimer that would appear in every AC since until it eventually mutated into an SJW manifesto. Case in point:

old https://i.imgur.com/H6S3o48.jpg
new https://i.imgur.com/fq2hvmn.jpg

#8 - Reiterating from an earlier comment, AC3 is a good story. Haytham is a memorable character. The setting in historical America is quite engaging especially given you meet many famous people like George Washington, Ben Franklin and so forth. You'll visit colonial-era landmark cities like New York and experience several notable events such as the Battle of Bunker Hill. With the 4K and refined gameplay mechanics sounds like this will AC3 an even better game.

#9 - It is unplayable on Windows. Ubisoft never bothered to the change the UI references to keyboard/mouse, so you're utterly confused trying to figure out the most basic moves. After several hours of frustration, I gave up and watched an entire play-through on Youtube. It is ninth because even though the console port sucks the game itself has an engaging story that ends on a satisfying cliffhanger.

#10 - A low-quality reskin of Black Flag with no attention to detail (e.g., when the pirate ship rides over big waves and crashes down there's no wash upon the deck as there is in Black Flag. Rains never hit the ship's deck, which is especially weird during a storm.) The only redeeming quality of Rogue is the story lets you join the dark side and fight for the Templars against Assassins from AC3.

#11 - Unity remains the worse in the series. Not because it doesn't looks impressive (it's amazing), but the controls. Oh, my goodness, do they suck! Worse than AC2. I am performing what I believe to be a "walk over and enter drain hole entrance" and instead Arno skips all over it and then randomly tosses a smoke bomb to attract every local soliders because, you know, stealthiness. These bizarre mechanics require constantly aiming Arno where to go. All past AC games used a kind of "fuzzy logic" to determine where to go, and it worked 95% of the time. Unity created many sighing and rage-inducing moments. Of all the AC games, Unity had the most checkpoint restarts. I believe one mission alone required about ~35 restarts. I would not have minded this, but some tasks (especial the final) took a few hours to complete. A jarring issue is Ubisoft's removal of two necessary mechanics: whistling and always-on eagle vision. Without those UbiSoft did not make Unity harder, they just made it more annoying. It was the only game in the series I rushed through so that I could check it off the list. Worse than all that are required quest specific items that were gated behind the cash shop. Oh sure you could grind the required 50K gold or you could pony up $15. I was having none of that! I used to a cheat to instantly give myself 200K gold and moved on. That crap was so bad Ubisoft never introduced that in any AC game since. Cash shops now only carry non-essential cosmetic and vanities. Anyhow, Unity is the absolute worse game in the series.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2019, 22:01.
"There are times when I would rather have some Kahlua instead of a clue." - Mr. Tact (May 27, 2021)
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
Mar 30, 2019Mar 30 2019
Mar 29, 2019Mar 29 2019
  Re: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released