Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Borderlands 3 Announced

Gearbox Software made the expected announcement of their next Borderlands game by officially announcing Borderlands 3 to cap off their just-completed PAX East presentation. They showed a gameplay video revealing a strong resemblance to Borderlands 2, which is probably not going to disappoint many fans. This includes cel shaded graphics, returning characters, and word the game will include a "billion guns." Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford says they've been working on this for five years, but did not discuss when it is expected for release. There's more on the way about this soon, as the clip concludes saying "see more April 3, 2019," and the description reads, "Check out the Borderlands 3 Developer Trailer and prepare for an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure! Visit Borderlands.com on April 3 for more info." The presentation began with Randy poking fun at the genre of the moment, saying, "Battle Royales are fun... that's not what we're making." He also noted the new game will include some returning characters like Tiny Tina (though she's a little older now), but that the inclusion of Handsome Jack in the teaser video was a red herring "because we're assholes," going on to say Jack is not returning to the game because (spoiler alert) "he's dead! You killed him!" After a break Randy reappeared and introduced a new Borderlands physical card game with a magic trick before playing mind games by saying that this was the Borderlands announcement they were teasing. But from the start he promised they were going to "end big," which lead to the announcement of Borderlands 3 as a climax to the proceedings.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 31, 2019, 06:19 Quinn

bigspender wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 05:24:
Void Bastards is going to be way better. It's made from ex bioshock people.

Pears and oranges, dude. Both fruits but different shape and flavour. Borderlands is a looter shooter made for co-op. Void Bastards appears to be a singleplayer strategy shooter.

Thanks for mentioning it though. Never heard of it and it looks nice.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 31, 2019, 05:24 bigspender

Void Bastards is going to be way better. It's made from ex bioshock people.  

22. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 19:05 ventry

jdreyer wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 19:52:
ventry wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 18:21:
If it retains the feel of 1 and 2 (not the boring pre-sequel)
I'm in.

And what did you think of the Aussie voice actors?

Well....
It was more like Americans mimicking Aussie accent so...
Shithouse.

21. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 10:05 Trashy

Well I'm actually glad they didn't deviate too far from the formula,I really don't care if it has no new graphical techniques and such. Although it does look like it's a bit more shiny in some areas.  

20. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 09:40 aka_STEVE

I was really hoping it would WOW me with some type of new technique in the graphics dept. , like when the original debuted way back ,.. but this just seems to be the same old,thing . Playing it safe.?

Obviously waiting on reviews but this doesn't look innovative at all...

19. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 06:45 VaranDragon

While I always like the cel-shaded style of the previous games, this one's particular style is way too "hip" for me. Looks like a glorified millenial hairstylist's wet dream.

Oh well.

18. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 05:48 MoonSpook

Yeah, looks like more of the same to me too, and that small gap will only narrow further after the remasters come out.

That said, I was never able to stick with BL2. I played through all of BL1 and it's DLC, but BL2 just annoyed me more with having to rekill mobs I'd only killed ten minutes previously.. I know that's the point of a shooter-looter, but it felt like they just kept getting in the way, so I gave up when I wasn't even halfway through the storyline. As such, I can't imagine I'll ever have an interest in this.

17. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 04:24 jdreyer

bigspender wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 01:43:
Fuck you Randy Pitchford.

Dude, Randy is the new GabeN.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

16. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 02:21 ItBurn

I can't tell this footage apart from any of the other Borderlands. The whole thing is so uninspired and low effort. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a bad trailer.  

15. removed Mar 29, 2019, 01:43 bigspender

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 29, 2019, 08:00.

14. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 29, 2019, 00:49 Avus

That "One billion guns" quote is like a big fxxk you to Anthem... I feel bad people buy that POS Anthem and hope something good from their "Road Map"...  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 19:52 jdreyer

ventry wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 18:21:
I'm in.

And what did you think of the Aussie voice actors?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 18:23 OpticNerve

I know that I'm in the minority, but that was pretty underwhelming for me. It looked more of the same but it didn't seem like they added any new gameplay elements at all whatsoever. Probably the same over-hyped bazillion guns (which are most likely the slight and minor, boring variations of each other), the same gameplay element of having just one single skill for each character, and probably the same shitty drop-rates for exotics.

Hell, I'm willing to bet that they have yet to implement an instanced loot system that's been wanted ever since the first Borderlands. I guess we'll find out more as details for Borderlands 3 gets revealed but given Gearbox's track record, I doubt that they'd actually listen to feedback and implemented changes that the community wants.

11. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 18:21 ventry

I'm in.

10. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 18:11 Shock

Here's hoping Queen Butt Stallion makes an appearance  

9. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 18:03 Osc8r

I just have one question..... WHEN??!?!!?!?!  

8. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 17:55 Creston

Fuck AND Yes!

Take it away, Brick!

7. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 17:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, I guess we'll see the bad news on April 3rd. Loot boxes, DLC, timed bosses, etc.

Regardless, I hope they fixed the "billions of weapons, most of which are garbage though!" aspect.

Disclaimer: I liked Borderlands 1 and 2, but I had to mod BL2 to get any sort of decent drop rate.

6. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 16:33 Jivaro

Great trailer. Hope the game lives up to it.  

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Announced Mar 28, 2019, 16:04 RedEye9

Fudge Ripple Ice-cream
I done cheersploded
That looks fantastic!

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo