Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion

As an interlude to their Borderlands reveal, Gearbox discussed some titles they are publishing during their PAX East presentation today. One of them is Risk of Rain 2, which, as noted on Steam News, is now available on Steam in Early Access for Windows. Word is: "The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet." Randy Pitchford followed this news with word that those who buy this in the next couple of days will get a second game code to gift to a friend, which is well suited to a co-op game. Here's a previously released teaser trailer along with more on what to expect:

The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses, and items. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet.

With each run, you'll learn the patterns of your foes, and even the longest odds can be overcome with enough skill. A unique scaling system means both you and your foes limitlessly increase in power over the course of a game--what once was a bossfight will in time become a common enemy.

Myriad survivors, items, enemies, and bosses return to Risk 2, and many new ones are joining the fight. Brand new survivors like the Artificer and MUL-T debut alongside classic survivors such as the Engineer, Huntress, and--of course--the Commando. With over 75 items to unlock and exploit, each run will keep you cleverly strategizing your way out of sticky situations.

Key Features

• Play four player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding
  • Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
  • Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
  • Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
  • Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
  • Explore massive, handcrafted 3D levels
  • Discover lore through the collection of Monster, Item, and Environment Logs
  • Challenge your friends—and the world—in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 29, 2019, 14:44 Tipsy McStagger

This game looks amazingly fun on co-op..

Is there any automatic matchmaking or is it friend invite only?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 28, 2019, 20:16 Razumen

The first was great, but the 2D was a bit too lowres that it made hectic scenes hard to read. I'd be happy with either, but I'm glad the devs are trying new things. Definitely going to pick this up now for the extra code.  

3. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 28, 2019, 18:52 Snabel

Bought it. Immediately fell in love.
I was hesitant about the 3d. I no longer am

2. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 28, 2019, 17:24 Osc8r

I really enjoyed the first one as well, had quite a bit of replayability with the weapon and gear drops and was enjoyable in co-op.

Reviews looks promising and it's currently buy one copy get one free.. so i may just have to check this one out as well.

1. Re: Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access with BOGO Promotion Mar 28, 2019, 15:03 theglaze

I really enjoy the first one and its indie charm. Not sure how I feel about this full 3D spin  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo