Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Generation Zero Released

Generation Zero is now available for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, offering an open-world action game set in the 1980s, an era when the only open-world action game we had was laser tag. Here's a launch trailer along with word on the nostalgia this will bring to everyone who lived through that era (and were in Sweden):

Generation Zero is set in 1980’s Sweden. The local population has disappeared, and hostile machines roam the once serene countryside. Starting today, players can explore the vast open world to unravel the mystery, perfect their fighting strategies, and prepare to strike back. To even the odds against the machines, players are encouraged to work together in groups up to 4, but can also enjoy the world of Generation Zero all on their own.

”The team is thrilled to finally get Generation Zero into the hands of players around the world and start receiving impressions and feedback,” says Paul Keslin, Product Owner at Avalanche Studios. “We’re looking forward to sharing more about our plans for what lies ahead, but more importantly we want to shape those plans together with the community. This collaboration will impact the world of Generation Zero in the months and years ahead!”

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 11:40 Quinn

I feel Generation Zero wanted to go for something like this:
https://youtu.be/dzcuH9OTaA8

Not sure if this is some sort of IP I'm not aware of? Or is the origin from a book? The resemblance between Gen0 and Black Mirror's Metalhead episode is remarkable.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 10:56 GinRummy

I LOVED the Mad Max game. This one looks good but reviews sound bad. Will wait for a nice Steam sale and hopefully things get patched up by then.  

8. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 09:22 Project2501

This game was developed by the same folks that did The Hunter:call of the wild and are a subsidiary of Avalanche. I think the same with Mad Max and Avalanche acting as publisher. Don’t get me wrong, Mad Max is one of my all time faves and has an established universe, so that helped. Though the gameplay was solid and car driving/destruction was legit.

And this being an original IP. If you have played The Hunter, Gen Zero very much has the same feel. I want to like it after only playing a hour so far, but it does seem enemies are way overpowered from the start. I like what they are attempting, though it could use some more polish in the fun factor. Helps that this is $35 vs the usual $60.

7. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 09:13 jacobvandy

Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2019, 08:22:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2019, 06:54:
I'm about two hours in to it. It's not a bad game but there is nothing about it, so far, that screams "this is so much better than anything else". I will say that there definitely needs to be some adjustment to either how much damage is done to the player or they need to tone down the enemy spawns.

One mission I had to do was to go to a hunter's house and retrieve his rifle. There were three robodogs that patrolled constantly and no amount of sneaking or combat didn't end up with me being dead. It was super frustrating.

I will, however, say that it is not nearly as engaging as Mad Max was. That game hooked you within the first five minutes.

You gave me a BSOD with that Mad Max reference. I don't see anything that connects these two games.

That was this studio's last open world action game that wasn't another Just Cause. It's a shame that they don't seem to have handled having so many irons in the fire lately very well (this plus JC4 plus Rage 2).

6. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 08:22 Quinn

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2019, 06:54:
I'm about two hours in to it. It's not a bad game but there is nothing about it, so far, that screams "this is so much better than anything else". I will say that there definitely needs to be some adjustment to either how much damage is done to the player or they need to tone down the enemy spawns.

One mission I had to do was to go to a hunter's house and retrieve his rifle. There were three robodogs that patrolled constantly and no amount of sneaking or combat didn't end up with me being dead. It was super frustrating.

I will, however, say that it is not nearly as engaging as Mad Max was. That game hooked you within the first five minutes.

You gave me a BSOD with that Mad Max reference. I don't see anything that connects these two games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 06:54 Burrito of Peace

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

4. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 26, 2019, 23:16 Osc8r

Was really hoping this would be a surprise hit... i mean, they already had an awesome (yet buggy) Engine so a lot of the work should have already been done?

Think i'll stick playing Hunter Call of the Wild co-op until they add more content and improve things here.

3. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 26, 2019, 22:40 Rhett

Sounds buggy.  

2. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 26, 2019, 21:41 GinRummy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 21:41:
Soo... who's going to buy this and give us a trusted review?
Yeah, the Steam reviews are quite mixed between love and hate.

1. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 26, 2019, 21:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo... who's going to buy this and give us a trusted review?

It certainly looks cool, and the concept seems interesting, but people were badmouthing the beta(alpha?) on here pretty heavily.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo