Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield V Firestorm Launches

EA Tweets that Firestorm is now live for all Battlefield V players, offering the rare chance to experience a battle royale first-person shooter. Okay, we lied, that's not rare at all, but it's true that Firestorm is live, so let's emphasize the honesty of this post. A Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial by Fire FAQ outlines the rollout schedule for the game's new chapter, and EA also notes that BF5 can also be picked up for up to 50% off. Finally, they also offer an update on Firestorm where the developers at Criterion Games discuss what's gone into the creation of the new mode.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 18:03 Sepharo

Yeah the map is gigantic.

Like Slick said the gunplay is the same a BF5. I can actually get kills in this game... a chunk of body shots and a headshot or two mixed in depending on weapon strength. It feels just right.
Also the sound effects on the guns are A+, actually feels like you're shooting a weapon with some heft and character.

edit:
https://www.dexerto.com/battlefield/battlefield-firestorm-map-size-472053

Looks like it's bigger than Apex, Fortnite, and Blackout.
Comparable with PUBG maps, bigger than PUBGs smallest map, but smaller than its bigger maps (but as the article points out, some of those includes tons of ocean).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 16:52 theglaze

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 01:40:
BR in frostbite is fucking amazing, but I feel like this game is more competing with pubg for semi-realism. IMO apex is just more fun. Plus the great respawn, drop, movement etc of apex. Makes it hard to compete.

Still tho, got a win with a squad which was nice, I think firestorm has the best gunplay, especially if you're familiar with BFV weapons already, my shots always land where I expect them to. And its nice having a be game where I can jump into other modes to practice, not just a fucking target range.

But whatever, more excited for Capital Supremacy mode in SWBF2 dropping in 4 hours. Its like the titan mode from 2142 but boarding capital ships on a new map.

How's the bullet and player model registration? My biggest disappointment with ApeLegs is the swamppy player movement at the beginning of the match, with all user inputs and weapon registration feeling lagged.

5. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 08:49 Slick

Not sure wtf you're talking about, the map is massive.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

4. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 07:12 Osc8r

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 05:21:
I watched a few games on twitch. One thing that immediately pops out. The map is fucking tiny, even compared to Apex Legends. It's miniscule.

Is that necessarily a bad thing though? I watched a few streams and nobody even had a kill well into their matches. In the end i only saw one snippet of combat before I got bored of watching people loot buildings and play with vehicles... and that's with a 'supposed' smallish map.

It honestly needs to be f2p. I saw very little that would draw people away from their current BR game. Maybe i'll try it when it's heavily discounted, but after the mess that was BF1 i have very little motivation to try this...

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2019, 18:36.

3. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 05:21 VaranDragon

I watched a few games on twitch. One thing that immediately pops out. The map is fucking tiny, even compared to Apex Legends. It's miniscule.  

2. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 26, 2019, 01:40 Slick

BR in frostbite is fucking amazing, but I feel like this game is more competing with pubg for semi-realism. IMO apex is just more fun. Plus the great respawn, drop, movement etc of apex. Makes it hard to compete.

Still tho, got a win with a squad which was nice, I think firestorm has the best gunplay, especially if you're familiar with BFV weapons already, my shots always land where I expect them to. And its nice having a be game where I can jump into other modes to practice, not just a fucking target range.

But whatever, more excited for Capital Supremacy mode in SWBF2 dropping in 4 hours. Its like the titan mode from 2142 but boarding capital ships on a new map.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

1. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm Launches Mar 25, 2019, 18:56 Slick

Anyone try it yet? Booting it up now.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo