Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two

There's a PUBG 2nd Anniversary Letter on Steam celebrating the second anniversary of the release of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, which kicked off a battle royale craze that continues to this day. Word is: "We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings." This includes a video with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation. The video is in Kim's native Korean, but it features English subtitles. Here's a bit on their plans going forward:

But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.

We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 17:57 Osc8r

El Pit wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 13:30:
And the kids have already moved on to Apex for the next few months before they move on to the next big free multiplayer drug. If you base the success of your game on catering to ADHS kids, you should expect to not be long in business.

Fortnite and PUBG are still of the most played and most profitable games on the planet and have been since they were release back in 2017.

So yeah, might want to check that logic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 14:22 Ravor

I could see the performance being bad if you have a bad pc?  

16. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 11:50 RedEye9

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 11:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 10:57:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 10:22:
I just checked out PUBG player numbers, for laughs.

Currently 797 000 online. Doesn't seem that dead to me.

Yeah it's still among the top 3. Dota, CSGO and PUBG lead the pack with a HUUUUUUUUGE ass gap between the 3rd spot and no. 4 where the rest of the world begins.

Wow, I didn't realize CS was still that popular; I guess there's a new generation who are relatively new to de_dust or whatever and aren't sick of the gameplay still.
CSGO, master of the skinner box.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

15. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 10:57:

Yeah it's still among the top 3. Dota, CSGO and PUBG lead the pack with a HUUUUUUUUGE ass gap between the 3rd spot and no. 4 where the rest of the world begins.

Wow, I didn't realize CS was still that popular; I guess there's a new generation who are relatively new to de_dust or whatever and aren't sick of the gameplay still.

14. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 10:57 CJ_Parker

In fact, PUBG is no. 2 in peak players in the last 24h with over 850K, only beaten by Dota. CSGO had 640K max simultaneous as a peak and then there's that motherfucker of a gap cuz the next game is Sekiro at 120K.

CSGO has 5x more players than no. 4, PUBG about 7.5X and Dota about 8x more. Just because the numbers have dwindled does not make the game dead.
It's like WoW all over again when it dropped from 13 million subs to under 10 million back ten years ago or so there were people saying the game is dead. Um. Nope.

13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 10:40 Rilcon

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 09:55:
NKD wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 01:25:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 01:19:
Rilcon wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 20:23:
PUBG vastly outperforms Fortnite and Apex in every market that isn't US,CA, Aus, and the EU. And yes, there's a shittonne of money outside "the west" for these sort of games.
Yeah, I hear they have the Antarctic market locked down.
Don't forget the Western Sahara, huge market there.
Siberia has Brobdingnagian market potential.

Laugh it up if you want, the game makes a killing in Asia and the mobile version makes more in a month than most "AAA" games make in their lifetime. Thinking North America/EU/Aus is the only place videogames exist or can make profit is terribly silly.

12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 10:22 VaranDragon

11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 09:55 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Mar 24, 2019, 01:25:
PUBG vastly outperforms Fortnite and Apex in every market that isn't US,CA, Aus, and the EU. And yes, there's a shittonne of money outside "the west" for these sort of games.
Siberia has Brobdingnagian market potential.

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 01:25 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 01:19 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 24, 2019, 01:16 Muscular Beaver

And it still runs like shit.
I played the Alpha and it ran smoother than modern PUBG.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 20:43 CJ_Parker

Two years old eh? That's pretty cool. Means it is now only two years younger than the average player's age!  

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 20:23 Rilcon

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 18:27 Shifter2000

And the kids have already moved on to Apex for the next few months before they move on to the next big free multiplayer drug. If you base the success of your game on catering to ADHS kids, you should expect to not be long in business.

PUBG still has its fans, though, but its big days are over and won't come back.

Except PUBG isn't free to play and was a multi-million dollar windfall for developers in just its Beta form.

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 15:10 El Pit

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 14:36:

Yeah until they make PUBG2. Then it's come to papa, all over again.

Then back to momma for Fortnite 2, followed by back to sistah for Apex 2. And then something new comes around - no matter what, it just has to cater to the ADHS audience.

Well, let them. If it's fun to them.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 14:36 VaranDragon

Yeah until they make PUBG2. Then it's come to papa, all over again.

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 13:42 HorrorScope

From streaming #'s they are back to Fortnite.  

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Turns Two Mar 23, 2019, 13:30 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo