Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced

Paradox Interactive has lived up to expectations with the announcement of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, an upcoming sequel to the blood-sucking RPG based on White Wolf Studios' pen-and-paper World of Darkness series. This is due for PC and consoles next year, but preorders are already underway on the Bloodlines 2 Website. Developing and releasing the original game ended up being the death of developer Troika, and the new game is being created by Hardsuit Labs, who will hopefully avoid a similar fate. But there's still a connection between the two games, as its lead narrative designer is Brian Mitsoda, who is credited as a writer on the original. Additionally, Chris Avellone tweets that he's honored to be one of the writers on this project (thanks PC Gamer, where they humorously refer to Chris as an "occasional human stretch goal"). Here's the announcement trailer with some cinematics which they warn are "not actual gameplay." Here's word: 

Paradox Interactive today at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco revealed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, a role-playing game (RPG) set in a Seattle faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. The game is currently in development and will launch on PC and consoles in 2020. Developed by Hardsuit Labs, Bloodlines 2 is the successor to the iconic RPG Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, featuring reactive storytelling, fast-paced melee combat, and intriguing characters with their own hidden motives. Players will become the ultimate vampire as they stalk the city streets for prey, maneuver complex political relationships, and balance their need for blood against their withering humanity.

Pre-orders for Bloodlines 2 are now available on Steam, the Epic Games Store, GOG, and the Paradox Store for $59.99. A “Blood Moon Edition,” which contains the “Season of the Wolf” season pass and includes additional story content to be released after launch, is also available for pre-order at $89.99. Pre-orders, along with additional information about the game, are available here: www.bloodlines2.com

Created in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites a blood war among the vampire factions who run Seattle. To survive, you’ll choose a clan and enter into uneasy alliances with the competing factions in a world which will react to every choice you make. Unleash your supernatural powers against your prey, but be mindful of your surroundings at all times or run the risk of breaking the Masquerade -- the absolute law of secrecy that keeps Vampire society hidden from humanity.

The creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Brian Mitsoda, returns as Lead Narrative Designer for Bloodlines 2, giving fans a true successor to the original cult classic. “When Paradox announced they were acquiring the World of Darkness IP, I immediately started thinking about what it would be like to return to Vampire: The Masquerade,” Mitsoda said. “Our aim has been to carry on the signature themes that made Bloodlines unique - particularly its dark tone, atmosphere, and humor - and I think that fans of the original will love what we’re doing with Bloodlines 2.”

“Fans of the original Bloodlines have been hungry for a sequel for a long time, and we began to hear those suggestions -- well, demands -- as soon as we began to work with the World of Darkness,” said Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We all understood what this opportunity could mean, but it was essential for both us and for Hardsuit Labs that any sequel should be done properly; a true successor guided by the people who knew what made the original so special. Keeping this game a secret for the last few years has been quite the Masquerade for us! It’s both exciting and relieving to finally let everybody know what we have in store for them.”

“At Hardsuit Labs we’re proud to have assembled a team of industry veterans who have worked on blockbuster titles, ranging from narrative-driven RPGs to action-packed shooters,” said Andy Kipling, CEO of Hardsuit Labs. “We started working on our pitch almost immediately after we heard that Paradox had acquired the IP and I’m thrilled that Paradox recognized our passion and abilities. We are honored to be bringing Bloodlines 2 to fans all over the world.”

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 features:

• Become the Ultimate Vampire - Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in a forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity ... or face the consequences.
  • Descend into Seattle’s Dark Heart and Survive the Vampire Elite - Seattle has always been run by vampires. Hunt your prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.
  • Enter into Uneasy Alliances - Choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember no one’s hands stay clean forever.
  • Experience the Story - Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX is the official graphics partner of Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 and Paradox is excited to work with NVIDIA on bringing real-time ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS technology to the game.

To learn more about Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, please visit www.bloodlines2.com.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 25, 2019, 22:40 Drayth

They held a pretty cool ARG.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 24, 2019, 21:47 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 07:19:
WaltC wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 15:13:
The Game is already listed on GOG as coming "soon" and for $90, too...;) The game is *at least* twelve months away...so is that "soon"?

"Soon" = "before Star Citizen comes out."

That's too far out. Maybe Soon means before Cyberpunk 2077's 2020 release (or thereabouts).

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

40. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 16:12 GothicWizard

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2019, 07:23:
They're claiming all these RPG elements, but that trailer looked like VtM meets Dying Light. Maybe they'll rename it Dying Bloodlines?

That is more rendered cut scenes I'd wager then in-game footage, as the "Not game play" notice implied.

https://worldofdarkness.news

39. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 12:27 Pr()ZaC

They're claiming all these RPG elements, but that trailer looked like VtM meets Dying Light. Maybe they'll rename it Dying Bloodlines?
I guess that the message Not Actual Gameplay is there for us not to jump to conclusions

38. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 10:35 Creston

that trailer looked like VtM meets Dying Light.

Oh, don't tease me. Drool

37. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 07:23 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

36. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 07:19 jdreyer

The Game is already listed on GOG as coming "soon" and for $90, too...;) The game is *at least* twelve months away...so is that "soon"?

"Soon" = "before Star Citizen comes out."

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

35. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 23, 2019, 02:29 Acleacius

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 21:08:
More work for you, @Wesp5
Hah, did they even mention which engine? They would be insane not to be more modder friendly after all the extra sales it brought. Great news Mitsoda (maybe all of Double Bear?) and Avellone are with the project.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

34. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 22:51 NKD

They got the original writer and original composer on board for this too. Hyyype. They've already got it up on GOG, so no Epic Game Shit shenanigans at least, for now.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

33. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 21:08 Pr()ZaC

More work for you, @Wesp5  

32. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 20:28 GothicWizard

If anyone is looking for all the compiled info of the live stream and various interviews.. https://worldofdarkness.news/Info  

31. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 18:00 Kxmode

wtf_man wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 17:19:
Trokia... defunct

Troika Games

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

30. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 17:52 Ozmodan

Certainly NOT going to pay $90 for any Paradox title because there will ad infinitum of DLC that follows the release and you can bet the $60 version will be lacking essential items. Paradox can milk any game to death. I have little interest in their games anymore!  

29. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 17:19 wtf_man

Irony:

Half-Life 2... Source Engine
VtM:Bloodlines... Source Engine
Valve... still running strong
Trokia... defunct

... VtM:Bloodlines2 will be out before HL3 (If ever)

Yo! Gabe! That's pretty effin' pathetic!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

28. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 16:35 ldonyo

The Game is already listed on GOG as coming "soon" and for $90, too...;) The game is *at least* twelve months away...so is that "soon"? Steam lists their version for $60.

Now, why would I ever pre-order this? Can't understand the pre-order psychology--it's not like they will run out of copies, is it?...;)
The standard game is $60 on GOG, as well. There are two other, pricier versions that are not, in my opinion, worth spending the extra money on. The season pass will end up on sale, so there's no point in getting the high-end version. Outfits and weapon skins don't do anything for me, so there's no point in the "deluxe" version, either. Besides, WeSP will probably have a patch to give you something like them for free before too long.

27. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 16:23 HorrorScope

This is easily at the top of my "a franchise that needs a sequel" list.

I know there are a lot of traditionalists here, me excluded in the terms a sequel better be like the original. In this case I'm with you, it needs to be like the original in most ways, but with updated tech. If not, don't even bother, you don't need to bring the hate on to yourselves. SS3 same way.

You have to know in your heart and minds where you have to get to and it's too bad this industry is hard and expensive that if you don't hit it, you won't release it. Min goals, Malkavian, Nosferatu variants, Haunted House/Frued Mansion esq levels. Good luck!

This trailer has some hope in it, totally a game that can make an entire development house if they nail it. We needed this one for way too long.

26. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 16:21 Dravnt

Oh hell yes!! I'm totally down for this one. I loved the first two Vampire Masquerade games.

Gotta say, don't understand the Paradox Interactive hate.

They're not doing the EGS exclusive (yet), they've come out with some awesome strategy games (Crusader Kings, King Arthur series, Europa, Hearts of Iron, etc.), fun indies (Warlock series, Magicka series, Majesty series), other randos that were great! (Stellaris, Sword of the Stars).

In addition, they still work hard to ensure their games are moddable and not locked into a "SaaS" model like other asshat publishers do (EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, etc.).

I get that Tyranny may still have some bugs and may not have been all that we wanted it to be but it was unique, different and fun to see how the story played out depending on decisions.

IMHO, Paradox Interactive is one of the better publishers out there, not because their games are magically better, but because their company decisions are more focused on ensuring their customers are satisfied rather than their board of directors.

"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

25. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 16:06 Cutter

Bleh bleh bleh! This is going to suck...your blood! Jeanette and Smilin' Jack outfits eh? I wonder if they'll be in this game. I'd love to see Jack come back for sure. That'd be worth the cost of hiring John DiMaggio back for the role.

Gotta agree that I don't like Paradox being involved. It'll likely be a day one purchase but dependent on reviews.

"That's odd. The blood usually gets off at the second floor."

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

24. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 15:32 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 14:54:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 14:48:
Vampire2 Vampire Lighter

Paradox did ok with Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny.

Pillars, fine, but Tyranny was abandoned with game-breaking bugs (especially in the DLC). They did not "OK". They fucked it up big time and abandoned the game to rot instead of funding further patches.
Oh damn, didn't realize that about Tyranny. I thought it was fixed, thanks for the heads up.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced Mar 22, 2019, 15:13 WaltC

The Game is already listed on GOG as coming "soon" and for $90, too...;) The game is *at least* twelve months away...so is that "soon"? Steam lists their version for $60.

Now, why would I ever pre-order this? Can't understand the pre-order psychology--it's not like they will run out of copies, is it?...;)

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo