Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

XCOM 2 Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend us underway for XCOM 2, which will continue into Sunday afternoon. As is the way with such events, the Windows, Linux, and macOS sci-fi strategy sequel is also on sale, and it can currently be picked up for 75% off. Would you like to know more?

XCOM 2 is the sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the 2012 award-winning strategy game of the year.

Earth has changed. Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces. XCOM, the planetís last line of defense, was left decimated and scattered. Now, in XCOM 2, the aliens rule Earth, building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface, while concealing a sinister agenda and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.

Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run, and facing impossible odds, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to ignite a global resistance, and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.

View
5. Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Mar 22, 2019, 01:42 |RaptoR|

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2019, 00:45:
MisterBenn wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 21:08:
I tried to get into War of the Chosen twice and ended up parking the game both times. I think fighting the Chosen and the Lost is too much of a chore. Regular Squad versus Pod is the good shit, and to me the expansion gets you spending too much time doing not that. I'm now into a straight XCom 2 Long War run, and I am having much more fun so far.

Eh, the Chosen aren't that tough as long as you figure out how they work. Really the troublesome one is the assassin, and then you just bring battlefield scanners to see her. The other two are kinda weak, unless you happen to run into the summoner one in an underground level. The sniper literally never does anything, because you have to stand still in his sights for a whole round for him to get a shot off, which makes him useless.

The lost can get boring, yeah, although I enjoy just mowing through entire hordes of them.

In any case, for those who want to try this out, please note that vanilla Xcom2 is a bit... I dunno, underwhelming, I'd say, compared to Xcom with Enemy Within. War of the Chosen, however, makes it a fantastic game. Truly one of the better expansion packs to be made in a long time. (really I'd only put the Witcher 3's expansions above it, to be honest.)

Oh man I absolutely loved Enemy Within, but I have to disagree: vanilla XCOM2 is fantastic and every bit as enjoyable as EW. I have it on Steam, but I recently bought it again on the Xbox during the target sale just to play it on the couch

Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 21, 21:08 Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend MisterBenn
  2. Mar 21, 21:22  Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Rhett
  3. Mar 21, 21:25   Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend MisterBenn
  4. Mar 22, 00:45  Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Creston
>> 5. Mar 22, 01:42   Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend |RaptoR|
  6. Mar 22, 03:31 Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Simon Says
  7. Mar 22, 05:36  Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend VaranDragon