A bunch of additional Epic Games Store
exclusives were unveiled at GDC today, along with word that
Epic Games Store titles, including exclusives, are headed to Humble Store
On a related note,
conversed with Epic CEO Tim Sweeney, who tells them he expects
trickle-down economics will eventually benefit players with lower prices on
their store, since Epic takes a lower cut than most competitors. He says, "after
you go through several cycles of game developers making decisions, you're going
to see lower prices as developers pass on the savings to customers, realizing
they can sell more copies if they have a better price."
This press release
covers the new exclusives, which include the PC debuts of
Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human from Quantic Dream, and
some of them off. Here's word:
Today’s announcements include:
- Following the successful launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 on the Epic
Games store, Ubisoft and the Epic Games store announced an extension to their
agreement that will bring several major PC releases to the store in partnership
with their Uplay division. Details will be revealed in the future by Ubisoft.
- Additional back catalog titles from Ubisoft are confirmed for Epic’s free games
- Take-Two Interactive’s Private Division will bring highly anticipated titles
Outer Worlds from Obsidian Entertainment and Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
from Panache Digital Games to the Epic Games store.
- Award-winning studio Quantic Dream will bring its critically acclaimed portfolio
-- Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human -- to PC for the
first time, exclusively to the store.
Additional games coming exclusively to the Epic Games store include:
- Afterparty from Night School Studios
- Control from Remedy Entertainment and 505 Games
- The Cycle from YAGER
- Dauntless from Phoenix Labs
- Industries of Titan from Brace Yourself Games
- Journey to the Savage Planet from Typhoon Studios and 505 Games
- Kine from Chump Squad
- Phoenix Point from Snapshot Games
- The Sinking City from Frogwares and Bigben
- Spellbreak from Proletariat Inc.
- Solar Ash from Heart Machine and Annapurna Interactive