Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Satisfactory Early Access

Satisfactory is now in Early Access on the Epic Games Store (thanks Jeremy), offering the chance to check out this construction and automation simulation, as Coffee Stain Studios continues to develop it (despite the fact that it's already satisfactory). An Early Access launch trailer offers a look at what to expect, and here's the game's description:
Satisfactory is a first-person open-world factory building game with a dash of exploration and combat. Pioneering for FICSIT Incorporated means charting and exploiting an alien planet, battling alien lifeforms, creating multi-story factories, entering conveyor belt heaven, automating vehicles, and researching new technologies.

At FICSIT inc. you will take part in the Save the Day program, providing short-term solutions for long-term problems, possibly with the help of your friends.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: removed Mar 20, 2019, 18:47 Ventura

This is a great game.

I don't like Epic as much as the next guy, but my wife and I bought Satisfactory the night before release so we'd be ready to play after work the next evening. And play it we did.

I like Steam enough, but at the end of the day, I'll go where the games are, and this exclusive is a huge win for Epic if just because of how darn good it is.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2019, 19:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: removed Mar 20, 2019, 17:44 JoeNapalm

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 16:50:
Gas Bandit wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 11:45:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 20, 2019, 14:56.

Or, instead of pirating, how about purchasing directly from the developer? They then get 100% of the cash and can afford to keep making great games.

One of us apparently doesn't grok how "Epic store exclusive" works?

(I hope it's me...)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

15. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 17:08 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 11:52:
What's the point to any game? Is there a point to Minecraft? Probably one of the most popular games ever. If you don't like the idea of building a factory, that's fine -- but the criticism of "what's the point?" is truly hollow.

Most of the games I play have an objective to win - or close enough to it. I don't play games like Minecraft. Which is why I love CRPGs best.

14. Re: removed Mar 20, 2019, 16:50 jdreyer

* REMOVED *

Or, instead of pirating, how about purchasing directly from the developer? They then get 100% of the cash and can afford to keep making great games.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 15:57 HoSpanky

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 15:34:
Saw Llamachomp stream some of this today, seems like an interesting prospect. Good looking, first person Factorio with friends must have a chance of catching on. I don't think multiplayer is stable yet though, they had a few CTDs in the first hour.

We havenít had any major issues with multiplayer, aside from clients having a distinct lag between placing a component and when it actually appears. Up to 2-3 seconds in some cases. Iím sure thatís just the hostís machine basically saying ďhang on, Iíll get to that but Iím doing this other thingĒ.
I donít think itíll allow the same KIND of complexity Factorio does. There are NO sorters. But those are mostly necessary due to it being 2d...you can always build up and around in Satisfactory. The most mind-boggling part is how much STUFF the game renders onscreen at a time without any noticeable frame rate loss.

12. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 15:34 MisterBenn

Saw Llamachomp stream some of this today, seems like an interesting prospect. Good looking, first person Factorio with friends must have a chance of catching on. I don't think multiplayer is stable yet though, they had a few CTDs in the first hour.  

11. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 14:39 Acleacius

I'm near certain I can handle the stress of complaining about origin, uplay and epic at the same time. Protest  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 14:07 FloorPie

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 13:43:
Having a blast with the game. So much has changed since the first closed Alpha came out. Multiplayer has some quirks, mostly for clients, not the host, but thatís how almost every game goes. They plan on adding dedicated servers eventually, although it really ought to be higher priority. It really does look as pretty as the trailer.

All the complaints about the Epic store will blow over eventually. We all bitched and moaned about Uplay and Origin and now no one cares.

Eh people will be bitching about Uplay again soon if they take most of their catalog off Steam'/3rd party sites or what looks possible, all new games are Uplay/Epic only. At which point, why would I bother buying it on Epic? Sale prices? Hah.

9. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 13:43 HoSpanky

Having a blast with the game. So much has changed since the first closed Alpha came out. Multiplayer has some quirks, mostly for clients, not the host, but thatís how almost every game goes. They plan on adding dedicated servers eventually, although it really ought to be higher priority. It really does look as pretty as the trailer.

All the complaints about the Epic store will blow over eventually. We all bitched and moaned about Uplay and Origin and now no one cares.

8. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 12:45 Nate

Early access version is running great. Building a massive manufacturing base to get to the later tiers.  

7. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 12:18 Beamer

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 11:19:
Remember the days when you could just buy a game that you thought looked really fun and interesting without having to contemplate your principles on complex ideas like paid "early access" betas or game store exclusives or consumer privacy?

I play games to have fun, not add to the stress and entropy of the reality we actually inhabit.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Just wait for it to be finished, then pirate it. Simplest, lowest stress solution

I'd argue that you should be stressed out, taking a game without compensating the people who spent years of their lives building it, all because you can't be bothered to download a different store, but...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 11:52 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 11:38:
That aside, I'm not really sure about this game anyway. I mean what's the point? Just to build some huge factory that does nothing? They make cool videos I'll give them that but they sure don't explain the point of the game.
What's the point to any game? Is there a point to Minecraft? Probably one of the most popular games ever. If you don't like the idea of building a factory, that's fine -- but the criticism of "what's the point?" is truly hollow.

As for the early access issue.. it is definitely something which needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Factorio is technically still in alpha, but it has be an excellent and very playable game for at least two years now(probably longer). I'll probably give this a try, but I might wait a bit for some further updates.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. removed Mar 20, 2019, 11:45 Gas Bandit

* REMOVED *

4. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 11:40 mxmissile

I feel you Joe, sadly those days are gone. It's truly upsetting.  

3. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 11:38 Cutter

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 11:19:
Remember the days when you could just buy a game that you thought looked really fun and interesting without having to contemplate your principles on complex ideas like paid "early access" betas or game store exclusives or consumer privacy?

I play games to have fun, not add to the stress and entropy of the reality we actually inhabit.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

You still can. It's an easy choice for me. I won't use the Epic store for a bunch of reasons, not because I'm pro-Steam. I got a beta invite to this and turned it down because you had to use the Epic store. Just ain't gonna' happen Cap'n. So it's an easy choice for me...so far. I mean if something like RDR2 for PC or Cyberpunk 2077 showed up on it exclusively that would be a motherfucker to resist. Still, we're only human and life is short, brutish, and nasty. You gotta' take your pleasures where you can get them and life is about compromise, even your principles from time to time. You can feel conflicted or guilty about it or just say 'Fuck it.' and get on with having a good time. I think the trick is just saying no to your desires, at least once in a while, in order to know you're truly free.

That aside, I'm not really sure about this game anyway. I mean what's the point? Just to build some huge factory that does nothing? They make cool videos I'll give them that but they sure don't explain the point of the game.

2. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 11:37 fawker

fun game, going to get my moneys worth out of it as it is

will be fun to come back to when they add more stuff, and play again

1. Re: Satisfactory Early Access Mar 20, 2019, 11:19 JoeNapalm

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >