Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

System Shock Video

A post on Reddit offers a new gameplay video from System Shock showing a full run through of the medical level in Nightdive Studios' upcoming remake of the original version of this action/RPG (thanks Ant). This seems pretty polished as it is, though the description warns that some enemies, weapons, effects, and sounds are still missing. They also note that the inclusion of a few different musical themes is to allow for feedback on what people prefer. Finally, they also remind us that there's still a chance to back this project on BackerKit for those who missed the original Kickstarter.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 21, 2019, 07:55 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 20:57:
I want the horrific wrench weilding abominations from SS2.
Then wait for a remake of SS2. This is SS1

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: System Shock Video Mar 21, 2019, 07:35 aka_STEVE

Seriously though, how does that work ?

You take all the money you raised from 1 Kickstarter-> develop nothing, deliver nothing -> then just go to another Backer site & start all over .??

Is that even legal ? I really want this to come out and be good, but at this point how can you put any faith/ trust in these guys..?

9. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 20:57 Prez

Nice to see Nightdive back on the right track. They nailed the slick dread-filled ambience of System Shock 2. I'm hoping they work on the monster design more though - the monster in the first encounter looked like a Doom reject. I want the horrific wrench weilding abominations from SS2. The ones that spoke and sent chills down your spine.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 19:55 toranaga

Sure, Nightdive did make a big screwup there, no doubt. But the implication I got from the messages, referencing the "Dues Ex/Daikatana situation", was the potential of history repeating itself with one company name with two sub-studios. One in Austin led by Spector making a well received game, and the other studio screwing up their game. That similarity would apply to Underworld Ascendant vs. System Shock 3, but not really to this remake, as Otherside isn't involved.  

7. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 18:38 WaltC

toranaga wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 16:26:
saluk wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 14:28:
I know it's probably a Dues Ex/Daikatana situation, but I'm still too peeved about Underworld to trust this.

Sounds like you might be confusing this with System Shock 3. This is the System Shock 1 remake, which Otherside Entertainment (Underworld/SS3) has no hand in.

I thought I read that Nightdive had apologized for spending all of the kickstarter cash already and not finishing the SS1 remake game on time--and reiterated its vow to finish--"really finish it, this time." And here we are months later with an *alpha* trailer...Maybe I got this mixed up with something else though...maybe...;)

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

6. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 16:26 toranaga

saluk wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 14:28:
I know it's probably a Dues Ex/Daikatana situation, but I'm still too peeved about Underworld to trust this.

Sounds like you might be confusing this with System Shock 3. This is the System Shock 1 remake, which Otherside Entertainment (Underworld/SS3) has no hand in.

5. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 15:56 Kxmode

Temper your expectations. How many times have you seen sizzle gameplay trailers that did not match the final game? Remember the Anthem gameplay trailer showcasing Fort Tarsis?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 14:28 saluk

3. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 12:38 4D-Boxing

wtf_man wrote on Mar 20, 2019, 10:53:
Now if they only did this from the beginning... it might be close to release now.

I want!

Well said!!!

2. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 10:59 Darks

Looks great and all, but the guy who is demoing this was driving me crazy at how he determines to do things. It was like watching someone who was unsure of themselves playing this demo.

Levels and environments all look original. Will be a lot of fun to get back into this and feel the nostalgia again.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: System Shock Video Mar 20, 2019, 10:53 wtf_man

Now if they only did this from the beginning... it might be close to release now.

I want!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo