Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Get GRID 2 for Free

The folks at Humble proudly announce the chance to get GRID 2 for free to those who subscribe to the Humble Bundle newsletter. Word is: "Subscribe to the Humble Bundle newsletter and we'll email your free game to you. Hurry, this offer is available only while supplies last, or until March 17 at 10 a.m. Pacific time!" The freebie comes with some free DLC as well, as the offer includes the Bathurst and Spa circuits. Here's a refresher racecourse:

Be fast, be first and be famous as the race returns in GRID 2, the sequel to the BAFTA-award winning, multi-million selling Race Driver: GRID. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2ís new TrueFeelô Handling system which powers edge of control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. The next generation of the EGO Game Technology Platform delivers genre-defining visuals and jaw-dropping damage as you prove yourself across three continents in a new, evolving world of motorsport. Earn fame, fans and fortune as you blaze your way to the top in intense, relentless races on licensed circuits, beautifully realised city streets and lethal mountain roads. GRID 2 will also set the new standard for multiplayer racing with innovative modes, an entirely separate progression system and deep integration with RaceNet, the free online extension for Codemasters Racing games.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 09:00 theglaze

subx wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 08:35:
Didnít they make Autosport in response to the disappointment in Grid 2? (no idea if thatís any good either)

Correct.

Grid Autosport was the last entry too; they've only made F1 and Dirt games since, plus some casual games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 08:35 subx

Didnít they make Autosport in response to the disappointment in Grid 2? (no idea if thatís any good either)

10. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 07:51 HoSpanky

I loved the original Grid, so when 2 came out I bought it immediately. What a disappointment. Rubber band city, with dull visuals and a very odd chase cam. That was actually the beginning of the end of my love for Codemasters racing games.

Itís fine for free. I mean, why the hell NOT, right? But if you want something GOOD? If you want ridiculous destruction, pick up Wreckfest. Itís spectacular in multiplayer, Burnout doesnít even come close to the carnage in every race. Get it on sale, however, itís a bit light on track/car count.
Or for a game with minimal destruction (but real cars), Forza Horizon 3 or 4 are pretty much the best racing games in existence. Yes they require win10 and are windows store exclusives, and as several reviews will also say, itís the game that makes it worth dealing with the windows store.

9. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 04:25 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:54:
Grid 2 isn't very good. It's rubber-banding city galore, which should be outlawed in racing games.

But for free, eh.

The other awful thing about this game is that there are tons of cool cars at the top of the menu, but when you select one, you're greeted with the lovely message: "This car is available for purchase! Would you like to go to the store?"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 04:23 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:55:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 21:17:
I think I have now gotten the first 2 Grid games for free. Wait long enough and i will get the third I guess.
It's true for a lot of old games. I don't even play games anymore, but I keep getting free games even. Perfect for my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC! Haha.

GoG is your friend. But you knew that already.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 15, 2019, 01:29 Acleacius

I seem to have Grid on Steam but it must have been discontinued, there's no sales page, atm.  

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

6. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 23:54 Creston

Grid 2 isn't very good. It's rubber-banding city galore, which should be outlawed in racing games.

But for free, eh.

5. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 22:55 Ant

Jivaro wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 21:17:
I think I have now gotten the first 2 Grid games for free. Wait long enough and i will get the third I guess.
It's true for a lot of old games. I don't even play games anymore, but I keep getting free games even. Perfect for my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC! Haha.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 21:17 Jivaro

3. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 19:27 Bill Borre

They're giving away so much free stuff I kinda wish I could exchange these keys for something else I'd like.  

2. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 19:01 RedEye9

Redeem your Grid 2 key before it expires on March 21 at 10 a.m. Pacific time.  

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

1. Re: Get GRID 2 for Free Mar 14, 2019, 18:52 theglaze

Neat-o

I tried this a loooong time ago, was disappointed with the wheel support back then, but it's a good gamepad racer with some depth.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo