Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood

WBIE and Turtle Rock Studios announce Back 4 Blood, a new zombie-infested co-op first-person shooter that's a new original IP, though it has elements reminiscent of Left 4 Dead, the zombie shooter they developed that was released by Valve (thanks Wookiestick). A FAQ on the Turtle Rock Forums explains what to expect from Back 4 Blood, and a VNN video covers the announcement. Here's word:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turtle Rock Studios today announced Back 4 Blood, from the creators and development team behind the critically acclaimed, co-op phenomenon Left 4 Dead. Back 4 Blood is designed from the ground-up as an original, premium title and marries the best of what made the co-op zombie shooter so successful with new features and state-of-the-art technology.

“We are thrilled to partner with the proven Turtle Rock Studios team on Back 4 Blood to advance the co-op zombie genre forward with innovative multiplayer gameplay,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The talented team at Turtle Rock has been developing amazing games together for a long time, and this is a great opportunity to work with them to create a new gaming universe built specifically with the large co-op zombie shooter community in mind.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, Co-founder and Design Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” said Phil Robb, Co-founder and Creative Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 15:09 Nullity

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 04:58:
And with good reason, after what I read about how Valve failed to make L4D3...
Please, go on...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 10:12 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Avus wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:26:
It will be a big FU to Valve if this game become an exclusive for Epic Games....&#65279;

Only if it does well.

13. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 10:03 Timmeh

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:33:
Back 4 Money

gotta feed the kids and keep people employed so they can feed their kids and take a trip now and then.

12. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 09:25 Prez

I would have preferred they make another iteration of Evolve, this time without the onerous and excessive monetization schemes. How many coop zombie shooters do we need?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 04:58 Wesp5

Avus wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:26:
It will be a big FU to Valve if this game become an exclusive for Epic Games....&#65279;

And with good reason, after what I read about how Valve failed to make L4D3...

10. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 01:30 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:14:
Tried playing Vermintide for the first time last week. I could not get into it. Was it just bad, or have I left this genre behind?

Na, i felt the same way. Played the first and second during the free play weekend and was done with both of them within a day - repetitive, shallow and with limited maps.

9. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 01:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:14:
Tried playing Vermintide for the first time last week. I could not get into it. Was it just bad, or have I left this genre behind?

Vermintide 1 and 2 are just... lacking something in my opinion. It'd probably be a little different if I could get 3 other people to regularly play together with, but the series just wasn't that popular among the coop group. Limited number of maps, limited number of weapons, combat is good but repetitive, both games needed more, I felt.

Also way too many stunlock/tangle/knockdown abilities on enemies to be enjoyable. Either you headshot those guys before they start their attacks of you have to pull them off a teammate or get them pulled off you.

That said, the voice work and automated callouts in Vermintide 2 are amazing, Anthem for example could steal from those guys.

8. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 23:26 Avus

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2019, 23:59.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

7. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 22:42 The_Pink_Tiger

There's an easy test: try playing a similar game in the genre that you did enjoy (say, Left4Dead) and see if you still enjoy it. If so, then it's probably the fault of the new game, and not you.

I still love an occasional match of Left4Dead, but was left cold by Vermintide too. It has been a while since I played it, but if I recall the problem was that Vermintide felt overly cluttered. It had too many classes, the levels that just went on and on, an excess of powers and weapons... Left4Dead had a certain simplistic purity to it that made it ideal for a quick pick-up game here and there, but with Vermintide, it felt as if I would have to dedicate a lot more time to the game to get real enjoyment out of it.

6. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 22:14 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 22:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for these guys! I hope B4B does well, and comes out relatively bug free and complete on launch day.

I can think of a dozen different ways I'd like to see the basic L4D mechanics expanded upon, hopefully they had some good ideas/lifted some good stuff from Evolve, etc.

4. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 20:58 HorrorScope

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:33:
Back 4 Money

This place needs a like system.

3. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 20:12 Wallshadows

Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order

It'll be interesting to see how many retail versions and promotions there will be as well as how they handle DLC.

We should start taking bets.

2. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 19:33 Bill Borre

Back 4 Money  

1. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 18:59 Drayth

Hey Joe, wanna play a zombie game?  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo